Is Ellen G. White (SDA) a false prophet?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Ellen G White (SDA) a false prophet?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Watch the videos. Then you decide.

[video=youtube;lH3MojgOIvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3MojgOIvk&playnext=1&list=PLB2F9BD37A152 5463&feature=results_main[/video]

What are your thoughts of the SDA Church?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
That video is an hour long! There's no possible way I can watch something that long on YouTube. I have the attention span of sea monkey!

But yes, she is a false prophet.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
That video is an hour long! There's no possible way I can watch something that long on YouTube. I have the attention span of sea monkey!
lol yea im the same way. unless its something I actually want to watch.

I also won't read long posts ether.

Apr 1, 2013
She might be a false prophet, but I don't think the SDA church are wrong about Sabbath keeping.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
My opinion, there are good people in bad churches, and there are bad people in good churches. But the SDA has some shaky beginnings and some bad doctrine: enough so for me to not want to join their denomination.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Well, it's one of the 10 commandments isn't it?
Yes, but it was a shadow of the substance that is Christ. Col 2:17

I believe once a person comes to Christ they enter into the meaning behind the sabbath, that is to enter into Christ rest. Hewbrews 4

Claiming you have to worship on Saturday to be saved is judging wrongfully. Romans 14

Oct 31, 2011
Do you worship on Saturdays?
Yes, I do. No scripture says don't do it, There is scripture telling us to do it. We are not to judge people based on the day they worship.

Sorry about going away from Ellen G White.

I certainly wouldn't take what she wrote as scripture. I like St Augustine, but I don't take him as scripture. I think she got carried away with herself at times, and got some things wrong. I can't see a reason to throw out every single thing anyone says based on "false prophet" or some such. The bible is gospel, nothing else is. We see darkly as through a glass, God doesn't. I think we are to label what is false in a teaching, not label an entire teaching false.

I take that back! The Mormons base an entire teaching on some plates they found and say God did it. I think that statement is false, so what the plates say is false. That is different. This is what Ellen thinks the bible says, and I think she is wrong in some of her conclusions.

Apr 1, 2013

I believe once a person comes to Christ they enter into the meaning behind the sabbath, that is to enter into Christ rest. Hewbrews 4

Claiming you have to worship on Saturday to be saved is judging wrongfully. Romans 14
So you believe Christ did away with the 4th commandment but not the other 9?

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
So you believe Christ did away with the 4th commandment but not the other 9?
Absolutely not! I believe that those/us who put their trust in Christ enter in His rest (Hebrews 4), which means they/we keep the sabbath everyday of their/our lives. So being in Christ and the Christ is Lord over the Sabbath, I keep the 4th commandment. Therefore what Christ did and what I can not do is imputed to me by faith alone, but not to take advantage of that grace by engaging in willful and perpetual sin.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Yes, I do. No scripture says don't do it, There is scripture telling us to do it. We are not to judge people based on the day they worship.

Sorry about going away from Ellen G White.

I certainly wouldn't take what she wrote as scripture. I like St Augustine, but I don't take him as scripture. I think she got carried away with herself at times, and got some things wrong. I can't see a reason to throw out every single thing anyone says based on "false prophet" or some such. The bible is gospel, nothing else is. We see darkly as through a glass, God doesn't. I think we are to label what is false in a teaching, not label an entire teaching false.

I take that back! The Mormons base an entire teaching on some plates they found and say God did it. I think that statement is false, so what the plates say is false. That is different. This is what Ellen thinks the bible says, and I think she is wrong in some of her conclusions.
I don't condemn for your view on the sabbath, if you wish to worship on that day fine. But don't you think the Lord wants our obedience and worship everyday?

Oct 31, 2011
I don't condemn for your view on the sabbath, if you wish to worship on that day fine. But don't you think the Lord wants our obedience and worship everyday?
I think God asks us to take one day in every seven to rest. God tells us that is the way it is. God also wants us to be obedient and He wants our worship always. One fact does not cancel out the other fact. In fact they work together. If we are obedient we will listen to both facts.

Apr 1, 2013
Absolutely not! I believe that those/us who put their trust in Christ enter in His rest (Hebrews 4), which means they/we keep the sabbath everyday of their/our lives. So being in Christ and the Christ is Lord over the Sabbath, I keep the 4th commandment. Therefore what Christ did and what I can not do is imputed to me by faith alone, but not to take advantage of that grace by engaging in willful and perpetual sin.
The Sabbath isn't just about rest. It's a commandment to keep the 7th day holy. If Hebrews 4 is really saying that God's holy day no longer has to be observed, then why did Paul only write to the Hebrews? He should have made it crystal clear, but he didn't. In fact, even the Old Testament says that the Sabbath day will still be kept in the new heavens and new earth.

Oct 31, 2011

I seems to me that once we know the substance of Christ it is a progression in our walk with God. I hear so often that by knowing and being part of the substance it cancels doing. I think it enhances doing. It cancels out our doing as a mere empty ritual, as doing without the substance. But, for instance, I don't think we can ignore that we are to take a day a week to rest based on that Christ has come, we have the Holy Spirit that gives us the meaning. We live in a physical world, our substance is expressed in our doing. Cancel the doing and you cancel the substance, it is the way we are made.

One way of saying it is that faith without works is dead. Again, that fact lives side by side with the fact that we are not saved by works. Both are true. Understanding God is a matter of understanding how they fit together.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
john 1:17, for the law was given by Moses, but Grace and TRUTH came by JESUS CHRIST.

J

jimmydiggs

Ellen G. White was a false prophet, and the Seventh Day Advents are cultists.

Apr 1, 2013
Ellen G. White was a false prophet, and the Seventh Day Advents are cultists.
Could you please provide a single iota of evidence to show that SDA's are cultists? They seem more passionate about the Bible than most average Christians.

R

RachelBibleStudent

not only is she a false prophet...she is the original 'christian new ager'

i did some research on her teaching recently...a couple of common denominators that kept popping up were saturn and ancient egyptian paganism...