Is God going to reveal our sins to everyone else in the future?

• Thread starter OwenHeidenreich
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

So I need clarification on this from someone who studies the original texts of the bible, or someone who is awesome :)

Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops.

QUESTION 1 : IS THIS TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE?
QUESTION 2 : IS GOD SAYING THAT HE WILL REVEAL OUR SINS TO EVERYONE?
QUESTION 3 : IS THIS PART OF THE END TIMES WHEN GOD SAID HE WILL REVEAL ALL THINGS?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No,why would our minds be re-polluted?

K

Kerry

I myself, do not like to be reminded of them. Though often times I am. Thank God for the cross.

O

OwenHeidenreich

Exactly, God does not remembr our past, but why does this verse say that our sins will be revealed. It almost sounds like future tense.

A

Ariel82

that passage is talking about hypocrisy of the Pharisees and how God will unveil their lies and deceit.

[h=3]Luke 12[/h]
12 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. [SUP]2[/SUP]For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]“And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. [SUP]5 [/SUP]But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

O

OwenHeidenreich

that passage is talking about hypocrisy of the Pharisees and how God will unveil their lies and deceit.

Luke 12

12 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. [SUP]2[/SUP]For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]“And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. [SUP]5 [/SUP]But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
God said there is nothing covered that will not be revealed. He said nothing covered. God did not say "there is nothing covered by the pharisees that will not be revealed."

But thanks for that verse I have a totally different perspective on it.

Because we are disciples, we must be disciples because anything we say will be spread around because we are supposed to be christ like. so if we say something bad it will be spread around to the other men just like if we say something good.

Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.

but my question is still unansweered

K

Kerry

Exactly, God does not remembr our past, but why does this verse say that our sins will be revealed. It almost sounds like future tense.
It is for those who do not repent or trust God. Many a man will stand before God and try to justify themselves. Just like now. But the truth will be revealed for all to see.

A

Ariel82

I don't think God will "reveal our sins to everyone in the future" so much as warn us that every word we speak will be held in account and that we should learn to tame our tongues. it doesn't matter if we think we are speaking "privately" to someone. we should not utter anything that we would be ashamed if proclaimed upon the rooftops.

I don't see the verses as God promising to reveal our sins at all but simply a statement of what happens.

perhaps few more verses would help?

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few.

Matthew 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

James 3
[SUP]2 [/SUP]For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

A

Ariel82

I also think its a warning against hypocrisy: telling others to NOT do something (condemning and judging them as less than yourself or less worthy) when you are secretly doing the sin yourself.

God warns us that such behavior will be revealed and warn us NOT to be like the Pharisees in that manner.

A

Ariel82

past, present and future. its talking about the way the world works and how God sees all.

i think its more about God tell us to live in the Light and not hide away in the darkness enslaved to sin.

QUESTION 3 : IS THIS PART OF THE END TIMES WHEN GOD SAID HE WILL REVEAL ALL THINGS?
Jesus revealed all things needed for a godly life NOW for those with the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

Mar 10, 2013
[SUP]2 [/SUP]There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. [SUP]3 [/SUP]What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.

We know that Scripture tells us God is light. Light vanquishes darkness. We are called to be children of the light(children of God). IN James we are admonished to confess our sins. IT is written, "if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

These scriptures tie together. When we confess our sins we are agreeing with God and His law that He is truth and we are sinners. We are doing God's work, revealing our own sin, and God honors our confession by purifying us. I think these verses clearly show us that all sin will be revealed. I have confessed all of my own sins that I am aware of and I continue this practice. The only sins of mine God will reveal are ones which I am not aware I have committed. All sin will be revealed. We either practice confessing our sins or God will reveal them Himself at a time He chooses.

R

richie_2uk

Isaiah 43: 25: I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own
sake, and will not remember thy sins.

So once you are forgiven of the sins you asked God to give. he will remember them no more. So why would he tell people everyone your past sins? it means you are forgiven, but from the forgiveness, you are accountable. so keep asking for forgiveness each and everyday day. But obviously you have to try not to fall into the same sin you asked God's forgiveness. ]

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
So I need clarification on this from someone who studies the original texts of the bible, or someone who is awesome :)

Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops.

It is important to hold to the context of this passage. Here's the context of the passage: u "Beware of v the leaven of the Pharisees, wwhich is hypocrisy. Luke 12:1
Jesus clearly mentions that the leaven=hypocrisy

Then he speaks verses 2 & 3 that you mentioned. Therefore verse 1 is tied to verses 2 & 3.

What Jesus is saying that all hypocrisy will be exposed.

Yes, it is talking abou the future judgment of the wicked when all wickedness and self-righteousness will be exposed.

Not the sins of those who have repented. If God wishes to forget our sins and remember them no more, he will not bring up our past all over again. If we are washed of all the guilt and shame of our sins through Jesus, will he put us through all that shame all over again? Makes no sense, does it?
“I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more. Isaiah 43:25

You're right. The righteous will be vindicated and the wicked will be exposed.