Is it a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 8, 2012
Sex outside of marriage is clearly SIN according to the scriptures.

Dec 14, 2009
There is a passage about women lying with other women though I read it yesterday . . cant think of the passage exactly. . oh well.

W

wolfywolfs

There is a passage about women lying with other women though I read it yesterday . . cant think of the passage exactly. . oh well.
if you could find it and post it id be greatful

Dec 14, 2009
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another;

U

Ugly

so if someone rapes a woman is the woman committing a sin by force because technical shes having sex outside of marriage and as you stated you said "any sex outside of marriage is a sin"
Sorry, but this strikes me as trolliish and nitpicking. Its pretty obvious the context of the person you're talking about is referring to consensual sex. The overall gist of the thread is centered around consensual sex. So no one is going to feel a need to step out of those bounds. Chances are likely rape never entered her mind when she said 'all sex outside of marriage'. It would take extra effort, in context, to assume otherwise.

S

smithbr8

Sorry, but this strikes me as trolliish and nitpicking. Its pretty obvious the context of the person you're talking about is referring to consensual sex. The overall gist of the thread is centered around consensual sex. So no one is going to feel a need to step out of those bounds. Chances are likely rape never entered her mind when she said 'all sex outside of marriage'. It would take extra effort, in context, to assume otherwise.
.....hate to do this, but actually.... rape outside of marriage is a topic that stays on my mind. I was raped as a child, and it actually bothers me that I will never be pure for my husband. So, I'm actually kinda interested in that aspect as well. Not trying to stir up trouble,but being honest. It is a thought that tortures me :p

J

Jordache

Smith... Purity is in the heart. No one can steal you virginity. Virginity in a biblical sense is not a physical state of being. It's a state of the heart. Our hearts become unpure and our bodies soon follow, but no one can forcefully take it. You may need to reclaim it, get healing, and learn to walk in it again. But you can have it back.
I was raped also but from infancy until I was about 8 years old. It caused me to respond and think in unhealthy ways, but my core (the part that God created and carries my value) was always protected. I got slimed, but I was still Gods pure daughter. It takes years to clean that slime off.
Rape does not constitute impurity on the victims part. Babies were sacrifice at the Ashterah poles. They had no choice but to be sacrificed at pagan altars. This did not make them impure. This made them victims to another's impurity.

W

wolfywolfs

Well first of I wasn't asking you or the orignal poster of this thread if you use your eyes I was asking someone else so why you decide to answer I don't I did ask you a question but you seem to have ignored it.

Second the reason the reason I asked is because im curious in the old testament if you raped someone you would give money

W

wolfywolfs

to the father and marry her so I have more than enough reason to ask that person what else does the bible say about rape is it sin for the victim

Thirdly I don't like it when people use words without thinking first she said any sex outside of marraige I bet she didint think of anything else other than two lovers having sex. If your going to use a word like any you got to think about it first because what that person is saying if your raped its sin for you because she stated any sex outside of marriage.

Now ugly I suggest you also think before you write aswell

Dec 14, 2009
.....hate to do this, but actually.... rape outside of marriage is a topic that stays on my mind. I was raped as a child, and it actually bothers me that I will never be pure for my husband. So, I'm actually kinda interested in that aspect as well. Not trying to stir up trouble,but being honest. It is a thought that tortures me :p
Smith, it wasn't your fault. remember, God looks at the heart ;)

Purity starts with thoughts. My intent in my mind is what makes me do what I do, correct?

So if I INTEND to deliberately do something wrong, then that is a sin. But if I don't intend to do anything wrong, if my intentions are good and I try to do the right thing, and fail, well, isn't that what Jesus died for? I am not able to be perfect all the time. And neither are you. But the point is that one sin does not condemn you. Nor two. Nor three. Nor five. Nor fifty. Nor a thousand. If you WANT to be better, and you WANT to love others, and you try to do that, what more does God want from you?? Nothing. :)

T

THE_DOCTOR

sex is a sin when it's outside of marriage....means that the only human on earth that u have the right to have with is ur husband....and it doesn't matter to get pregnant or not....because the purpose of sex in marriage is for reproduction and to provide both husband and wife with their natural needs and keep the husband from looking to other woman...and the wife from looking to other men

I

intercessorginger

I have heard it said that "rape" is not sex..but Violence against the victim and domination. I would say that the rape is not the same as "sex outside of marriage" which would be consentual.

Dec 14, 2009
Clearly rape isn't the victim's fault nor the victims sin. One thousand percent. Result of using my brain instead of looking for an exact verse for every issue I'm faced with.

The message is clear. God is love. Satan is hate. If Satan takes by force, nobody is to blame but Satan (ie. sin)

C

CountryGal

Not at all. God made sex for a married couple to enjoy, not just for making babies. He made it very much for enjoyment, but only between a married man and woman.

H

Homemaker

Is it a sin to have sex and not become pregnant? I'm just curious because a lot of people say homosexuality is wrong because you don't procreate. Does this mean if a woman is sterile and she has sex she's just as evil as a homosexual? What about a couple who wants to have a baby,are married, have sex, but she doesn't become pregnant. Are they as evil as homosexuals as well?
--Having any kind of intimate relations before marriage is not a good idea. And havig premarital s* is a sin. Homosexuality is a sin as well. God sees allo sin the same, just with different consquences. You can choose your sins but you can't choose your consequences.

M

mumo

Rom 1:26 for this reason God gave them up to vile passions.For even their woman exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Lesbianism is implied in this verse.

B

becausehefirstlovedme

im pretty sure that sex is only a sin when it is not with the spouse that God gave you...because then it becomes adultary...yes the bible does say be fruitful and multiply but it doesnt mean you have to right away or anything or that you are sinning if you cant etc.. you have to read things in context and well ...take them to God ...he'll show ya what he means

M

MidniteWelder

You havent anything to worry about concerning your future husband

“Come now and let us reason together”, says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow” – Isaiah 1:18. Sins are like “stains” in our lives and being washed “white as snow” is an excellent description of how God forgives and cleanses us of our sins.
We are also told, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” – I John 1:9.
For this to happen we must ask Jesus Christ to forgive our sins. We make it personal. He died on the cross, our part is to ask Him for forgiveness.
Even though what you mentioned is not your fault, your concern is very understandable and humble.
When the Lord forgives us, he also allows us the understanding of what he has done for us so that we may show Christ through us by giving us the ability of forgiving others. This is part of our complete healing inside.
Matthew 6:14

When were born again and our sins washed away white as snow this includes everything about us within our being, we are completely renewed,
including ones virginity. :)

Last edited:
M

Mcokha

Smith, Sex is a form of worship, when done in the right context and by that I mean in a marriage union between Man and woman as God intended, Its not solely a means to reproduction as some have lead you to believe, and Yes Homosexuality is a sin Biblically and should be condemned by everyone who calls himself by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. God Intended for man and woman to enjoy sexual activity, my dear there is more to sex than meets the eye, its not just peaople coming together but actualy a literal connection of two people, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually!