Is it all in God's plan for me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LindsayR

I'm 21, married, and pregnant. I got married when I was 20 - we were both in the military. We became very close due to the fact that we were both being medically discharged for injuries and were both heartbroken because we wanted to stay in. We bonded over it. I turned up pregnant about two months after we tied the knot. Long story short, we're happy but worried. We are having a really hard time making ends meet and I'm due literally any day now - I'm about ready to pop. Not only that, I'm so scared. I didn't plan on being pregnant this early on, I was expecting that I'd be at least mid to late-twenties. Will we be okay? Even though we weren't prepared, does God still have a plan behind it all? It wouldn't have happened if he hadn't allowed it, right? I'm just trying to feel better about it all, it's scary being 21 and struggling and now having to bring a baby into it. We can barely afford rent, etc. how will we be able to get diapers and everything the baby will need? We're stressed.

R

richie_2uk

Psalm 113:9 He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord!

M

MissCris

I'm 21, married, and pregnant. I got married when I was 20 - we were both in the military. We became very close due to the fact that we were both being medically discharged for injuries and were both heartbroken because we wanted to stay in. We bonded over it. I turned up pregnant about two months after we tied the knot. Long story short, we're happy but worried. We are having a really hard time making ends meet and I'm due literally any day now - I'm about ready to pop. Not only that, I'm so scared. I didn't plan on being pregnant this early on, I was expecting that I'd be at least mid to late-twenties. Will we be okay? Even though we weren't prepared, does God still have a plan behind it all? It wouldn't have happened if he hadn't allowed it, right? I'm just trying to feel better about it all, it's scary being 21 and struggling and now having to bring a baby into it. We can barely afford rent, etc. how will we be able to get diapers and everything the baby will need? We're stressed.

Find out where you need to go to get on WIC. They'll provide you with things like milk, cheese, eggs, peanut butter...while you're pregnant, and if you are planning to bottle-feed, they'll provide formula, and still the food for I think 6 months or so. They also provide for things like juice and cereal for your baby as they start on solids.

What kind of assistance does your state provide? I don't condone abusing the system, but when you're in need, there are usually several programs that can help you financially, or with food or medical expenses. I strongly recommend looking into any that are available, and utilizing them while you need to. There's no shame in making sure your baby is provided for!

Also, a lot of churches have some kind of program to help mothers take care of their babies; there's one here that helps out with things like clothes, blankets, etc. That's another thing to check out, where ever you're at.

I know it's scary :( My husband was on unemployment for almost all of my 1st pregnancy, he was laid off from his job just days after I found out we were having a baby. God took care of us (in part through several of the assistance programs I mentioned); He'll take care of you, too, if you let him. I'll keep you in my prayers :)

Apr 13, 2013
It sounds like you should be seeking financial advice. I can't really give any, so I apologize. Your best bet is to talk to people you know whom are good at managing their money, and have them help you out.

M

MissCris

As for getting diapers-

I'd never heard of a diaper bank before, but I found this site that might be helpful? I don't have time to look at it very carefully, but I'm hoping it might help you!

Find a diaper bank | The National Diaper Bank Network

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I also agree with Outsider. A financial adviser might really help.
If you talk to you pastor, you might find someone at your church that can help you with that.
Often churches provide many different types of counseling, if you ask.

U

Ugly

I don't think anyone here can tell You what God's plan is for You. Nor can we, in all honesty, say if things will be ok. People will say that, because that's the acceptable 'Christian' mentality, but it's not always true, in reality. This isn't to say it will be bad. There is a chance it could work out well. But really, none of us here can predict your life, or Gods will for your life.

N

Nuns_n_roses

Where God guides, God provides!

And He has known this would come to pass and He brings all things together for our good! Expect the Lord to show you favor and He will provide for you! He provides for sparrows and how much more important are you and your growing family! Bless you all~<3

I

intercessorginger

Will you we be okay? Yes! God is still on the throne and he will take care of you. Does God still have a plan behind it all? God is famous for making Lemonaid out of Lemons! This was something you guys did but I'm sure you repented for wrongdoing and God will honor that, he loves you and has a plan for all of your lives!

D

Duckies

Have faith and be happy, you'll be happy to grow along with your child and have all the energy as your little'one grows up with you!!

There are a lot of good suggestions on the thread already that can assist with some of your worries. God Bless and keep your faith strong!!