Is it just me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

xXErraticEmilyXx

Or is it kind of creepy when adults post in teens? o_O
I know someone will post some rational reasons like moderation and advice etc etc, but also think about why it's sort of creepy.
kid.jpg

U

Ugly

Its an open, public forum with no rules against the adults reading, or responding to posts. If Robo wanted it closed he would have made it for teens only, the same as the Womens forum. I'm sorry if you're not able to trust when older people try to come to the aid of younger members and have to find some negative response to it. I don't see anything creepy about seeing a teen seeking help and i have the help to give them. Its not like we have to sneak in, hide, lay in waiting for a new post to pounce on and molest the kid in the forum. We're giving them practical and biblical advice to their problems. And you find that creepy.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Take the advice the old codgers offer... theyve made the mistakes you are about to. :D im still learning this hahaha

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I agree with Ugly. While I'm not that far removed from being a teenager (I'm only 22), I still post in the Teens forum. I find that those who are older or have been through experiences like that may be able to offer perspectives that other teens can't.

I kind of just barge in wherever I want to post...I'm not Filipino or Indian but I've posted in those forums a couple of times. There are people who aren't single who post in the Singles forum.

K

kenisyes

You can always read the age first, and skip the ones you don't like.

J

Jordache

I know many teens often don't want to hear the opinion of another generation. However, communication between ages groups is important. We can both learn from each other. I'm farther removed from teens than Miss Rachel, but only by a bit more than a high school career. I've also lived through more than many people would care to imagine. And God has given me wisdom and insight for those who want to hear at any age. I love people and I don't want them to have to trudge through life the way I have. God asked us to bring light. He told us to offer life. This I offer this to teens.

J

jimmydiggs

I b creepin' ur thredz.

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

I think yall missed what I said. I said the advice and moderation is rational. I'm just being silly here. Calm down lol

S

singlechristianagain

I dont think it is weird as long as it is polite

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Or is it kind of creepy when adults post in teens? o_O
I know someone will post some rational reasons like moderation and advice etc etc, but also think about why it's sort of creepy.
View attachment 40725
I think it's creepy that ErraticEmily (a teenager) lured all of us (adults) into a teen thread!!!

I feel manipulated!!!

I hereby disallow all teens to participate in teen threads (for the sake and safety of us adults).

R

Robbinette

Okay not to upset anyone but yeah I don't know I can understand why it would be a little weird. I mean its called the Teens Forum. So if I was a teenager I would think Oh Yeah I can go talk to people my own age! Then you get in there to talk about your personal problems in front of all of your teen peers and then you find out "Oh No it's like having 50 Moms and Dads listening in on my conversation on the phone with my friends" Know what I mean? :p But I do understand giving advice and honestly from all ages. I happen to love old people lol(Mama would kill me if she heard me say that) And if you think the Teenagers are asking all of the Nonteenagers questions in the Teens Forum then go help em out lol :D

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
Its an open, public forum with no rules against the adults reading, or responding to posts. If Robo wanted it closed he would have made it for teens only, the same as the Womens forum. I'm sorry if you're not able to trust when older people try to come to the aid of younger members and have to find some negative response to it. I don't see anything creepy about seeing a teen seeking help and i have the help to give them. Its not like we have to sneak in, hide, lay in waiting for a new post to pounce on and molest the kid in the forum. We're giving them practical and biblical advice to their problems. And you find that creepy.
Ugly...every time I see one of your posts it's just pure gold.

NateDaGrimes

Jan 7, 2013
I think it's creepy that ErraticEmily (a teenager) lured all of us (adults) into a teen thread!!!

I feel manipulated!!!

I hereby disallow all teens to participate in teen threads (for the sake and safety of us adults).
i hereby disallow you in this thread, im feelin manipulated by an adult luring a teen into this :rolleyes:

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

Okay not to upset anyone but yeah I don't know I can understand why it would be a little weird. I mean its called the Teens Forum. So if I was a teenager I would think Oh Yeah I can go talk to people my own age! Then you get in there to talk about your personal problems in front of all of your teen peers and then you find out "Oh No it's like having 50 Moms and Dads listening in on my conversation on the phone with my friends" Know what I mean? :p But I do understand giving advice and honestly from all ages. I happen to love old people lol(Mama would kill me if she heard me say that) And if you think the Teenagers are asking all of the Nonteenagers questions in the Teens Forum then go help em out lol :D
Thank you for your honesty :)

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

Please read OP.

J

jimmydiggs

Ok!

but also think about why it's sort of creepy.
I'm still drawing a blank.

This isn't exactly facebook, where we're going through your pictures and making sure to look at the ones with the scantily clad beach-wear.

If you distrust adults that much, why trust teens?

R

Relena7

I'm not a creep. :( I still feel like a teenager on the inside.

I have attention deficit disorder. MY PEOPLE AGE SLOWER PERSONALITY WISE THAN YOUR PEOPLE!!

I've had friends younger than myself my entire life. Don't judge me!!

R

Relena7

As for the other adults here, no, I do no think it is weird.

Many of them are moms, dads, big brothers, big sisters, young at heart, or God just put it in their hearts to want to help the youth.

It's only "creepy" if someone purposely lies about their age on a profile and pretends to be a teenager if they are not in real life. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

T

Tandemtruths

Ok!

I'm still drawing a blank.

This isn't exactly facebook, where we're going through your pictures and making sure to look at the ones with the scantily clad beach-wear.

If you distrust adults that much, why trust teens?
I'm drawing a blank as to why it's necessary to be defensive about a statement that it's awkward for adults to post in the volumes that they do in a forum clearly marketed to those in their teenage years. There was no attack, no misunderstanding intentions. There was only the inference that it feels creepy when 35 year old dudes that just came from the singles forum posting a thread of how they need a wife, engage 13 year old girls they don't even know, in conversation about their boyfriends and not having boyfriends. Which, unless I'm wrong, happens an awful lot in the teens forum. I feel a bit oogie posting in the teen forum right now. There are things to be said at times, when their peers don't have an answer, or it's something crucial. (something that was also stated pretty clearly in the opening post)

This is how Emily feels, and to try and argue with her when it's subjective to begin with, is just goofy. I happen to feel the same as her on this. Which is why I'm booking it out of Dodge once I hit reply.