Is it wrong to pray to Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is is wrong to pray to Jesus?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I will explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 14, 2021
Someone posed the thought that Christians should only pray to God the Father. And that the prayer would be through Christ but not to Christ.

Many Protestant churches have a children's time and some of the prayers start with, "Dear Jesus, thank you that you love us [...]"

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Perhaps the following quote from Isaiah will help.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Someone posed the thought that Christians should only pray to God the Father. And that the prayer would be through Christ but not to Christ.

Many Protestant churches have a children's time and some of the prayers start with, "Dear Jesus, thank you that you love us [...]"

Were taught to pray from Jesus perspective the son

The revelation is if you were talking to your father , do you call him " Steve " " Joseph" John"

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luke 11:2 KJV

To the Father in his holy name were the children in christ

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me,( son) and I in you.( Holy spirit)
John 14:20 KJV

Jesus is making us the children God in his name, by his flesh
and blood an spirit

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

My understanding is that we pray to the Father, through the Son, by the Holy Spirit.
But I don't think we have to be so dogmatic about it that prayer becomes stiff and repetitive.
We have great freedom in Christ and all are equally God. And at times I address myself to Jesus in thanking Him for His particular role of suffering in my place. I often thank the Holy Spirit for enlightenment or in leading me into repentance.
So while I believe we honor God by doing things the way He has prescribed (in truth), I do believe there is some latitude to pray from the fulness of our hearts (in spirit).

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
`Perhaps a very brief study for understanding of Isaiah 9:6 will enlighten all who are stymied by this squestiasond.

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Well; I suspect there's a difference between the father of Isa 9:6 and the
Father of Luke 11:2 because fathers in the Old Testament weren't
necessarily gods; but they were all providers.

It's likely the father in Isa 9:6 is a monarch who cares for his citizens'
welfare rather than oppressing them the way Kim Jong Un does his people in
North Korea.

From what I gather; Messiah's reign will be characterized by not only peace,
but also prosperity, abundant rain, good soil, increased longevity, and private
property.

In communist countries, it isn't uncommon for the State to control the
distribution of property and take it from people without compensation; but I
fully expect that to never happen in Messiah's jurisdiction; not when justice
and equity are the foundation of his management practices. People are going
to have it pretty good with Messiah at the helm.
_

oyster67

May 24, 2014

No.
Jesus said: “I and my Father are one.”
-John 10:30

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
If Christ was worthy to be worshipped when he walked the earth, then he is worthy to receive our prayers.

While Jesus said that we can, and should, pray directly to the Father- Hebrews says that Jesus lives forever to make intercession for us; so, if you're even in some situation or mental state where you feel like you are struggling with prayer- I think it is appropriate to ask him to make intercession for you. And you know that he will, because that's what the bible says that he does.