Is it wrong?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Okay, I had enough with people asking me why I am still single so decided to change my status on facebook that I'm "in a relationship". People were commenting if it was real or not but I didn't bother to reply. It's up to them if they believe it or not. My mom saw that I changed my status so she asked me if it's true that I'm in relationship with someone and I told her the truth that it was purely a joke so that people would stop bothering me.She reprimanded me that I shouldn't have changed it because no guy will ever ask me out when they'll find out that I'm already taken. So do you think she is right?

N

Nicegirly

I think it is wrong because it is a lie and obviously a sin, so no matter what people think try to be honest and be yourself.

C

chu_huifen

since I'm still single and my friends is already get married and have kids. I think that when you're single it's not necessary to put fake status at Facebook cause of people ask your status. When you put fake status its mean that you afraid to be your self and being your friends pelasure and make them stop to ask those quesation. I remembered that my friends at college ask me why I'm still being single. They will ask you continually and it's annoying, so for the first step I ask to my self why I'm still being single now? It's doesn't mean there's no man ask me to be his girlfriends. When I pray, God reminds me in scriptures which said Oh, let me warn you, sisters in Jerusalem, by the gazelles, yes, by all the wild deer: Don't excite love, don't stir it up, until the time is ripe—and you're ready. (Song of Solomon 2:7 MSG). Don't excite love when I'm not ready for commitment and covenant and i know that time is not right to me to have boyfriends. Since that I answer them, I said I want to enjoy my youth freely without think about commitment that I can't handle for now. I enjoy my single cause I can do everything I want as a single off course and I can maximize my youth to improve my skill, knowledge, character till God send me a man who will I marry with, so till this time I'll wait patiently :D
I know that the question will make you annoying, cause I always heard that from my family according to Chinese tradition, hehehe..

My mom ever told me to don't put fake status cause people will think that I'm already taken but in the fact I'm not really taken, my mom explain when I put this status people will afraid to make friends with me cause I'm engaged or afraid that someone will jealous if I have new friends, sometimes I think that's correct. My mom told me to make friends with every people even when Im engaged oneday. Hope it can help you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I

imperfection

Honestly, I know how you are feelling, but it makes me wonder why we put so much emphasis on Facebook. Look, what Facebook makes out of us. I made my status invisible to everyone. Why is it important if I'm single, married, engaged, happy, unhappy, waiting or whatever I am.

Try to be yourself. If you're single and happy with it, then that's your thing. If you're not happy, then try to learn to be. Our walk with God is so much greater than any relationship we coudl have on earth. (although I want to marry soon too #dreaming#):D

Even if you leave your status saying you are in a relationship, you can always say you are in a relationship with God, if someone asks you....and honestly, if the guy you are supposed to be with comes along, things will work out, wether it says you're a turtle or whatever on facebook. God is greater than Facebook:D

R

Relena7

What you must now do is hire a fake boyfriend, have him pose with you in some cute photos, then post them on your facebook, and have him post a couple public messages per week to you to "keep up appearances". That will shut everyone up. :D hehe.

(ok, ok, joking aside.. :p)
....Yeah it's not really a good idea to lie about your relationship status, for a number of reasons.
Lying makes your words less credible. They are eventually gonna find out. It will be less awkward if you end the fake relationship sooner rather than later in my opinion.

I can understand why you did it though. I hate when people get all up in my personal business about certain matters in my life when they don't really know anything about me.

Someday when I'm married, I'll need to hire some fake kids just to keep people off my back about my choice to remain childless..... :)p:p)

Aug 2, 2009
A false facebook status probably isn't that big a deal with God, but now you will have everyone asking you who the lucky guy is. :)

If I remember correctly, you can just leave your relationship status blank by choosing "Rather not say".

A

adekruif

Okay, I had enough with people asking me why I am still single so decided to change my status on facebook that I'm "in a relationship". People were commenting if it was real or not but I didn't bother to reply. It's up to them if they believe it or not. My mom saw that I changed my status so she asked me if it's true that I'm in relationship with someone and I told her the truth that it was purely a joke so that people would stop bothering me.She reprimanded me that I shouldn't have changed it because no guy will ever ask me out when they'll find out that I'm already taken. So do you think she is right?

Well, if you are truly single and FB says in a relationship....and I change my relationship status on FB to in a relationship.....then we can be in a relationship with each other. haha Nowhere does it say it's a romantic relationship....being a friend counts as a relationship doesn't it? lol

:p

U

Ugly

If you can ignore peoples request for information on your false 'in a relationship' status, why can't you ignore peoples inquisitions about why you're single? Or why not have a set answer planned for everyone.. something like 'thats personal and i'd rather not discuss it'.

dliz

Jun 13, 2012
Okay, I did it because me and my friend had a dare to change our status and it was out of boredom and of course to stop people from further asking about STATUS. Yes, I know it is wrong but what if I would tell you guys that I'm in a relationship with GOD? is it wrong? And yeah, It was kinda funny seeing how people would react about status. BTW, I'm very particular on whom I associate on facebook. I dont add people i barely know. I only add people whom I am closely related to.

HAHAHA! So this afternoon, I went to visit my grandmother in the hospital and all of my relatives were interrogating me about my status on facebook!HAHAHA! I told them the whole thing was a sham and they were kinda relieved when I assured them that If I ever catch myself a boyfriend I'll introduce him to all of them and I wouldn't hide anything to them. I'm not ashamed of being single but I cant be vexing at times especially when people are rushing to get a boyfriend!Why would I want an instant boyfriend when I know I can never go wrong waiting for God's perfect time. :p

dliz

Jun 13, 2012
What you must now do is hire a fake boyfriend, have him pose with you in some cute photos, then post them on your facebook, and have him post a couple public messages per week to you to "keep up appearances". That will shut everyone up. :D hehe.

(ok, ok, joking aside.. :p)
....Yeah it's not really a good idea to lie about your relationship status, for a number of reasons.
Lying makes your words less credible. They are eventually gonna find out. It will be less awkward if you end the fake relationship sooner rather than later in my opinion.

I can understand why you did it though. I hate when people get all up in my personal business about certain matters in my life when they don't really know anything about me.

Someday when I'm married, I'll need to hire some fake kids just to keep people off my back about my choice to remain childless..... :)p:p)
hahaha! I dont think I can imagine myself doing that. Yeah, I know it's wrong and my parents and relatives are telling me to immediately change my status into single asap! LOL! O.O

U

Ugly

Okay, I did it because me and my friend had a dare to change our status and it was out of boredom and of course to stop people from further asking about STATUS. Yes, I know it is wrong but what if I would tell you guys that I'm in a relationship with GOD? is it wrong?
If you were going by that concept, then you would have to turn down all guys, no matter how you felt about them. Its still false and deceptive. Jesus is neither your homeboy, nor your boyfriend. God is the all mighty creator of the universe, not some tool to use to deflect guys from hitting on you or so you can claim you're in a relationship. That just cheapens God. God is worthy of more than being used to steer people into falsehoods about your relationship status.