Is Original Sin a Myth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GM777

I keep reading a statement from someone that says it is a delusion to believe that man is of a sinful nature and that we were born sinners, etc., and that it paves the way for people to believe they are victims to sin or "poor sinners". Is original sin a myth, then? Jesus said he came to "heal the sick" as the righteous don't need a doctor. Where does the sickness come from, then?

Feb 11, 2012
Proverbs 13-23(Septuagint)
Evil things shall pursue sinners, but good things will overtake the righteous!
Quote from early church:
“A sinner is sinful not by nature, but by the wrong use of his will (Choice) Evil things will overtake this wrong use. But good things overtake the righteous, because they obey wisdom (from the word of God) and with God’s help live according to their good nature”!
The early church never taught the sin nature fallacy. They kept with the word of God, when He (God) said He created man upright (good and perfect) but man in his free will and ability chose his own sinful path!

Feb 11, 2012
Plese do your homewark and you will see that original sin never came from the bible, but from the pagan teachings of Augustine! Many posts her on original sin and how it was invented, but widlt accepted by most professing Christians today!

The Predictable outcome of the sin nature absurdity:

The sin nature teaching promotes the falsehood that if someone can stop sinning they could save themselves and wouldn’t need Jesus. Logically this would also have to translate into anyone claiming to overcome an addiction being branded a liar. (Since according to the inbred sin theory no one can) But we all know that the reverse is true, people can and DO Stop their addiction to sinful behavior daily by making a determined effort to change.
Changing inner desires is in YOUR hands, that’s why the Scripture constantly beseech you to ‘amend’ your ways, ‘cease’ to do evil, ‘Strive’ to make a Vehement effort to get Clear of your wrong doings! The Word Strive is ‘agonizomia’, which transliterates into our English word for AGONY. It means literally to: ‘Contend, Struggle and endeavor with strenuous zeal to obtain something’ … WHY would God ask us to do something He knows we are incapable of doing? ‘You should rule over it!’ He said. Was He taunting us???
Is it enough for you to believe the common cop out …. That God is commanding us to do the impossible to show us we can’t, so just Trust Him instead? WHERE in the Bible is such non-sense implied? FIND IT IF YOU CAN!!! If not Stop lying to yourself that’s its impossible to reform your ways. Repentance Proven by deeds is NOT ‘saving yourself’, it’s what the Lord has decreed in order to return mankind to favor with God!
and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Lk24:47
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, Matt3:8
The ‘Fruits’ (Deeds) Worthy of Repentance is getting CLEAR of your wrong doing NOT blubbering to your friends that ‘no one’ can stop sinning … or pretending you’re saving yourself if you do stop. Do you even realize how foolish it is to blame your addiction to sin on Adam, and then turn to the ear ticklers who ‘torture’ the Scriptures (2Pet3:16) ‘Stretching’ them (as on a rack!) beyond the limits of reason!?
Isaiah said: Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isa5:20. BUT honestly isn’t that precisely what the ‘believers’ are doing by castigating the Pure of heart (who have ‘ceased’ from sin 1Pet4:1-2) by calling them Self-Righteous and Puffed up and ‘holier than thou’, because they call you to Repentance proven by deeds? Wrongdoing doesn’t have a leg to stand on in the Bible! ‘GOD IS ANGRY WITH THE SINNER EVERYDAY!’ Ps7:11. These absurdities make Christ a Minister of Sin and force you to argue in FAVOR of it! What further Proof do you need than your own failed existence? You wallow in the gutters of shame and cry out for deliverance but when it comes in the Out Stretched hand of God you DISPISE it because you’re not ‘Willing’ to Obey!

Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity ;I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you. Proverbs1:24-27
The Absurdities of common belief NOT found in the Bible:
Substitution, as in the Provisional Gospel Package
Moral Transfer (imputation) of Christ’s Righteousness to the sinner
Past, Present and Future sins forgiven
Eternal Security
Sinning daily in thought, word and deed
No one is perfect
Born in sin, saved in sin, can never stop sinning
Repeat after me Salvation, faith alone myth
All sin is the same
Carnal Christians
Sit down with your Bible, search the pages of Scripture and see if you can draw a Valid hypothesis using any of the terms above. Be honest for a change. Haven’t you had your fill of sin? What has it brought you but shame on top of more shame….wrecked marriages, unwed mothers, abandon children, sexual perversions, drunkenness, arrest, imprisonments, vile addictions and insanity? You’re living a LIE and it will only end in destruction! WHY Continue to drag God into the Pig Pen with you and claim His Mercy when your own conscience condemns the utter humiliation you have made out of your life.
Face up and Fess up. The Narrow Road to recovery begins when come clean with God, Stop playing the fool and FORSAKE the Evil of your Doings.
www.standingthegap.org

G

GM777

You may have good things to say, but your tone is self-righteous and will surely turn people away from faith. I'm confident in the Bible it says if you call others fools, you are in danger of the hell-fire. God is meek and lowly and seeks even those who do not look for Him, because He delights in giving. God is patient and loving, unlike your tone. Remember, God has compassion on the sinner at the altar crying for forgiveness, not the man who says, "Thank you God that I am not like them." You may be right in everything you say, but your tone is satanic to me. Remember, many will be turned away at the gates and they will say, "but did we not cast out devils in your name? Did we not do good works in your name?" There will be "gnashing of teeth." I say this with all due respect. If you want people to listen to you, you need to be godly in your delivery. I know I'm not the righteous by any means, and might not ever be chosen. I feel as if you are very confident, though, that you are the salt of the Earth. God help us all.

A

Anonimous

I keep reading a statement from someone that says it is a delusion to believe that man is of a sinful nature and that we were born sinners, etc., and that it paves the way for people to believe they are victims to sin or "poor sinners". Is original sin a myth, then? Jesus said he came to "heal the sick" as the righteous don't need a doctor. Where does the sickness come from, then?
Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

A

Ariel82

Lord have mercy.... verse 19 sums it up but thought the whole chapter might help you keep it in context. ....

the website Tommy quotes from "standing in gap" is full of a bunch of lies and tells many falsehoods to make people leave what they call the "church system." I would advise discernment and much prayer when reading anything posted from that site and its disciple's words.

Romans 5

[h=3][/h][SUP]6 [/SUP]For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. [SUP]8 [/SUP]But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. [SUP]11 [/SUP]And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
[h=3]Death in Adam, Life in Christ[/h][SUP]12 [/SUP]Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— [SUP]13 [/SUP](For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. [SUP]15 [/SUP]But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. [SUP]16 [/SUP]And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. [SUP]19 [/SUP]For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

[SUP]20 [/SUP]Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, [SUP]21 [/SUP]so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
It is human nature to do that which is easy.

It is far easier to sin than not to sin, therefore man will lean toward that which is easier to do.

We as Christians, with the help of Jesus Christ being our strength, are to do that which is not natural, we are not to continue to live in sin, which is supernatural, which is Spiritual. If we are led by the Spirit of God, with the help of Jesus Christ helping us, we can do that which man says impossible to do, and that is to live a life without doing that which is natural, and that is to continue to live in sins, which we know full well are against Jesus Christ.

Those who are righteous, do that which is righteous.
Those who are wicked, do that which is wicked (continue to live in sins)

A good tree CAN"T produce bad fruits.

A True Christian does not knowingly and willingly do that which is sinful.

Your Master is to whom you obey. If you obey satan when he tempts you to do wickedness, then i assure you, satan is your master. Who you knowingly and willingly obey is who you serve. Woe to this generation, for they knowingly and willingly commit sins, and continue in them, all the while saying with their mouths "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" Hypocrites they are. Please note, i am not talking about YOU, i know you not. i am only talking about those who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ by mouth, yet their deeds PROVE who they serve.

^i^

C

cfultz3

Please note, i am not talking about YOU, i know you not. i am only talking about those who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ by mouth, yet their deeds PROVE who they serve.

^i^
The whole post was nicely said, especially that in read. Nice to see you around again Dave.

Oct 31, 2011
We were created as people without sin. When Adam and Eve decided they wanted knowledge of sin, there was a change in us, in our very fiber and genetic material. It is said we are born in sin, for this is what we all inherit. That is why God gave us Christ, that through Him we can live. We are said to be born again when we accept Christ, for the Holy Spirit is added to our makeup to help us understand spiritual things. That is why repentance and forgiveness must be part of our lives that we live in the flesh.

Oct 31, 2011
Tommy4Christ; said:
Plese do your homewark and you will see that original sin never came from the bible, but from the pagan teachings of Augustine! Many posts her on original sin and how it was invented, but widlt accepted by most professing Christians today!
Yes, Tommy, the bible says we are born in sin. YOU read your bible and listen, don't just look for ways you can find that the bible agrees with you.

You are accusing me, personally, of many things that just isn't true of me at all. I resent it.

I am very fond of cc, it helps guide me to a better understanding of my Lord as I read others understanding. But when you throw personal insults at me, it only makes me feel towards you, personally, what isn't of God.

I hear you say that we must obey God in what we do. I totally agree, I work constantly on how to do that. But don't insult me when you give this truth.

J

jimmydiggs

Original sin is a blatantly obvious doctrine. He who "misses" it misses a lot of other things too. ;)