Is that really in the Bible? 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
Questions that are asked if that is really in the Bible?

question: Shouldn't Christians still consult the Old Covenant as a benchmark for how we are to live?

Doesn't t still have a use for us Christians?

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnK60qKDjFE

D

dalconn

Matthew 4:4 (NKJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]But Jesus answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[SUP][a][/SUP]

Jul 23, 2015
:smoke: we do hope everyone
shall be save unto the damnation of soul
please
:read:
Hebrews 8:7
For if that first covenant had been faultless, no one would have looked for a second one.
8 But14 showing its fault,15 God16 says to them,17

"Look, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will complete a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
9 "It will not be like the covenant18 that I made with their fathers, on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not continue in my covenant and I had no regard for them, says the Lord.
10 "For this is the covenant that I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put19 my laws in their minds20 and I will inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God and they will be my people.21
~:› NETTex version

:happy: everyone can searh the
verses from their own bible version

:ty:

Fod bless us all always

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

question: Shouldn't Christians still consult the Old Covenant as a benchmark for how we are to live?

Video here:

There are many examples of faith and apostasy in the OT, the first giving us a picture of faith in action, the second a warning to avoid.

F

FreeNChrist

Video here:

When my father died we discovered several old wills among his things. Reading them it was interesting and informative to see how he choose to deal with things in the past, and to see how that progressed through the years to the present.

But, the only will that legally applied to my siblings and myself in the present, the only will that was binding, was his new will....his last will and testament. That is the will that was put into effect upon his death. (Heb. 9:16-18)

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
The Old Covenant was for the Jews only. We have the New.

If you want the Old to apply to you, convert to Judaism.

Christians are led by the Spirit in regard to how we live.

(Galatians 5:18, John 1:17)

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
What you really gain from the OT are beautiful images of God. His loving mercies, his comforting as a mother comforts, his carrying you in the shelter of his arms. His shepherding into green pastures, still waters and so much more.
We get to know His character and ways.

Forget about focusing on the laws - they can blind you to the awesomeness of God that is drawn upon the pages.

The root of the 10 commandments was love towards God and others. We now have the Holy Spirit putting God's love for others deep in our hearts, and enabling us to love with pure motives. His love! All we have to do is unblock anything that hinders this flow from us to others.

Nov 22, 2015
I think the confusion is that we can mix up the covenants. Take a part of the Old and the New Covenants and thus it ruins everything.

A distinction between the Old Covenant and the Old Testament is helpful. ( Even in the Old Covenant and Law we can see Jesus fulfilling them and they all speak of Jesus )

I agree that there is so much beauty in the OT itself. It all speaks of Jesus! We just have nothing to do with the Old Covenant now.

I especially love the story about Jacob turning into Israel. It is a picture of the Christian life that "learns" about who they really are in Christ now.

One of the things that struck me was when Jesus said.."no one knows the Father but the Son and to whom the Son wants to reveal Him to.." - no one knew God as the Father but Jesus came to reveal that aspect of Him. Sometimes we can get a skewed view of God from the OT but Jesus is the exact representation of God. If we want to see what God really is like in character - look at Jesus's life here on earth.

The "lens" changes everything!

What you really gain from the OT are beautiful images of God. His loving mercies, his comforting as a mother comforts, his carrying you in the shelter of his arms. His shepherding into green pastures, still waters and so much more.
We get to know His character and ways.

Forget about focusing on the laws - they can blind you to the awesomeness of God that is drawn upon the pages.

The root of the 10 commandments was love towards God and others. We now have the Holy Spirit putting God's love for others deep in our hearts, and enabling us to love with pure motives. His love! All we have to do is unblock anything that hinders this flow from us to others.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Makes me think of Islam. Why would you want that above the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Nov 22, 2015
These are questions that people asked to the guy in the video........he is answering the questions.

Makes me think of Islam. Why would you want that above the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Dec 4, 2015
You would of thought that the great almighty god who created everything, could have left a clear message for all of us to easily understand, all the amazing beautiful universe was created by him, but he could not write a book that was easily understood by mankind...makes you wonder does it not??

Feb 9, 2010
The Old Testament is necessary,although physical ordinances cannot give a spiritual relationship with God,but seeing they could not have the Spirit,like in the New,they could not perfectly live up to the moral laws of God,which is love,so God had them do physical ordinances that they could keep so they would be right with God,and find favor with Him.

The Old Testament is a witness to the New,and much to be learned in it,and it identifies God as the one true God for He showed us the whole history of mankind,which God said no other person would be able to do that(Isaiah 41:20-28).

It has prophesy,and tells things to come,like Jesus,and end time events,to back up the New that declares those things.

Nov 22, 2015
I agree 100%.

I love how the life of Jacob who turns into Israel is a beautiful picture of the Christian life when we see who we really are in Christ because of His finished work.

There is much in the Old testament that reveals Christ to us although they are types and shadows of Him as He is the substance.

I believe it is important to not mix the covenants up as Jesus said in numerous ways as did Paul.

The Old Covenant is a goner!

The New Covenant is where we live now! Actually Isaiah 54 is a beautiful chapter of what has happened to us in the New Covenant after chapter 53 where our Lord goes to the cross for us ( well actually we died with Him there..our old man was crucified with Him )

As you say..lot's of prophecies to be unfolded!! It's an exciting time!

The Old Testament is necessary,although physical ordinances cannot give a spiritual relationship with God,but seeing they could not have the Spirit,like in the New,they could not perfectly live up to the moral laws of God,which is love,so God had them do physical ordinances that they could keep so they would be right with God,and find favor with Him.

The Old Testament is a witness to the New,and much to be learned in it,and it identifies God as the one true God for He showed us the whole history of mankind,which God said no other person would be able to do that(Isaiah 41:20-28).

It has prophesy,and tells things to come,like Jesus,and end time events,to back up the New that declares those things.