is the bible gods message?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rollson

hello all,

whats your lots view on the doctrine of the bible? do you take it word for word or as morals of life with some cool storys? i have only been a christian for about a yeat now, i myself believe in bible word for word and believe its god message to us all, just because what god as done for me. i believe the new testament is 100% true but im not sure about the old testament how can i truley know if god made the world in 6 days? thank you for taking your time to read this and would love to know your lots views.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
hello all,

whats your lots view on the doctrine of the bible? do you take it word for word or as morals of life with some cool storys? i have only been a christian for about a yeat now, i myself believe in bible word for word and believe its god message to us all, just because what god as done for me. i believe the new testament is 100% true but im not sure about the old testament how can i truley know if god made the world in 6 days? thank you for taking your time to read this and would love to know your lots views.
The entire bible- Old and new testament is a giant love letter to us. But unfortuanantly many have taken the word of God to fit their own beliefs and morals. This is often what happens when reading the bible if one does not understand who god is. I myself do not fully know God, I only know a bit of him but i have enough of him inside me to know of his love and I have enough of him inside me I constantly seek to know much more of him. Even now god is putting me through a exercise of faith, He makes it to where everyday I have to find him because he hides himself, Out of love of course. Its like a playful game of hide and seek with him. But the Bible is viewed as many things, there is no one answer because there are so many people who view the bible as different things LOL

S

SPUZIT

From my heritage. I know from only what you call the old testement. Now also I am old woman yet when I come to know Jesus. As the Messiah I get to have hold & keep both new testement " book of emesarries" & still the old testement all in one book I still have. In all my years reading the complete Bible, I have never read where one book ( old or new,,, verse to verse) none has ever counterdicted another. One book complements another, verse backs up another. Proof is in the reading. You asked for our points of view hope I did this well for you.

W

wwjd_kilden

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

:
) I do believe that all of the bible is the word of God, the only problem is us humans trying to understand God, resulting in us interpreting things differently, even when our intentions are honest,

Jul 12, 2012
Both use the same story of salvation over and over, with Jesus being the perfection of that story.

The only thing that is different is that where men once were expected to keep the law bodily, in order that the heart would be changed and reconciled, now we are expected to keep the law in the heart and be reconciled, in order that the body will be changed.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
hello all,

I believe the bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is God's inspired message.

There are internal evidences that show the bible to be authentic such as prophecies in the OT that has been fulfilled for instance the birth, death and resurrection of Christ. Another thing is that the writers of the bible such as David, Solomon, and Paul included their faults too. This shows that it took more than human will and intellect but inspiration by the Holy Spirit.

Just looking at the complexity of the world around me, I see the marvelous handwork of God and His manifold provision for His creatures. Looking at the animals, the trees and green grass, everything flourishing, the clouds, the stars, the sun, the moon, everything, I know that there is no human that can create and sustain such complex universe than a divine omnipotent intelligent being. Even the scripture states that our Heavenly Father sustains the birds of the air (Matt 6:26) and it is evident. :)

The soul transforming power of the word of God and the Holy Spirit, I believe, proves that the bible is indeed the divine word of God. It has changed even the vilest offenders; this is because it is not a mere self-help book. People have received healing by reading, quoting passages, and believing in the word of God, people have fought and won spiritual battles by utilizing His word.
This is because of the irresistible supernatural power of His word!

Another evidence for the bible being the true and divine word of God is its preservation through history till now. Secular books become bestsellers for a while then their popularity fade, they go off the shelves in library, and you get new editions of textbooks, whereas the bible is still here and being distributed worldwide. There have been cases of people who tried to destroy the bible in hopes of eradicating Christianity and
scoffers have tried to discredit its authority yet it is still standing firmly today. This is the miraculous work of God. The bible has withstood every satanic schemes and evil unseen forces that try to destroy it. With that, I am assured that the bible is the divine word of God. His word has stood the test of time! :D

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in Heaven. Amen! :)

N

nathan3

rollson these questions get answered with more study into God's love letter to you . keep studying. Read 2nd Peter chapter 3:. Its all 100% true & accurate. True also is the Torah or old testament. God is 100% true. He is the same yesterday today and will be forever. That means you can count on His word and take it to the bank, for lack of a better term.

Last edited:

Cobb

Banned
Dec 27, 2012
hello all,

You need to start looking at the bible as word for word prophecy about the events of the second coming- because that's what it mainly is. From Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:20 100% prophecy of the end of the age. whether or not the events of the Genesis flood literally happened or are just a "cool story", whether or not the flood was actually global or a localized event representing a global event- none of this matters. Whether God created the world 6,000 years ago in 6 literal days, or whether God created 6 trillion years ago over the course of 6 billion-year epochs: doesn't matter.

What does matter is that God is saying, "See these stories I'm telling you? They're all prophetic pictures of the events to come- and believe Me when I tell you they are coming." What you're seeing in the old testament are "earthly pictures" of "spiritual events" shortly to begin (don't let 2012 and the many false prophets lull you back to sleep; that is their purpose: stay awake and watchful). These things are not only going to come to pass exactly in like fashion (though spiritually instead of earthly) but on the very days of the month appointed in scripture.

What is about to happen? The bible is about to happen.