is the historic bad weather a sign that Jesus is coming

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

do you think the historic bad weather is a sign ?

• yes it is a sign

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no it is normal

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
T

tif

Rainacorn: Well, you can't really judge much past about 30 years ago, but if you look at large-scale earthquakes (6.0+) since the 80s, you'll see a large increase in the last 10 years.

Aug 2, 2009
Wow, look at the difference in the last 10 years compared to the 10 before it.
The link below is actually the page you should be looking at. It shows earthquake tables by magnitude and by decade (scroll down) you can even go back through more decades at the link at the bottom. Notice how many 9.0 and 8.0 quakes there were in this decade compared to the past. Scary stuff!

Earthquake Facts and Statistics

and yes it may have been David Jeremiah, but I m not sure. I know he is on that radio station though.

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
The link below is actually the page you should be looking at. It shows earthquake tables by magnitude and by decade (scroll down) you can even go back through more decades at the link at the bottom. Notice how many 9.0 and 8.0 quakes there were in this decade compared to the past. Scary stuff!

Earthquake Facts and Statistics

and yes it may have been David Jeremiah, but I m not sure. I know he is on that radio station though.
I heard that too and I was pretty sure it was David Jeremiah who said it last week. Very scary stuff. I think I'm gonna speak on this at some point, thanks for sharing all this stuff guys and gals.

A

AnandaHya

1 Kings 19:11-13
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

Isaiah 29:5-7
5 “ Moreover the multitude of your foes
Shall be like fine dust,
And the multitude of the terrible ones
Like chaff that passes away;
Yes, it shall be in an instant, suddenly.
6 You will be punished by the LORD of hosts
With thunder and earthquake and great noise,
With storm and tempest
And the flame of devouring fire.
7 The multitude of all the nations who fight against Ariel,
Even all who fight against her and her fortress,
And distress her,
Shall be as a dream of a night vision.

Matthew 27:50-54
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
54 So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!”

Revelations 6
9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold,[e] there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon[f] became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,[g] the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

R

rainacorn

Rainacorn: Well, you can't really judge much past about 30 years ago, but if you look at large-scale earthquakes (6.0+) since the 80s, you'll see a large increase in the last 10 years.
The fact that there are mountains tell me there have been much bigger earthquakes in the past lol

Also what about all of the civilizations that have been quite literally wiped out by natural disasters? I can only assume that those disasters were pretty serious.

(I'm really just being contrary because I know too many people who read way too much into the weather. Maybe they're right though. Maybe God is punishing the wicked.)

A

AnandaHya

.... but the whole world is wicked and sinners in needed of Jesus as Savior....

R

rainacorn

.... but the whole world is wicked and sinners in needed of Jesus as Savior....
This is different from every other generation in history because....

A

AnandaHya

This is different from every other generation in history because....
we have atomic weapons? and exponentional population growth? almost instanteous worldwide communication, and other technology? most of the world has heard the gospel of Jesus?

R

rainacorn

we have atomic weapons? and exponentional population growth? almost instanteous worldwide communication, and other technology? most of the world has heard the gospel of Jesus?
Why are all of those questions?

I'm just trying to help you write a complete post instead of thought fragments. You can do it Ananda! I believe in you!

A

AnandaHya

lol I don't know if this generation is any different from others since I have not lived in them but only in this one and every generation seems to think that Jesus is coming during their generation. I think the focus should be on living life day by day with the guidance of the Holy Spirit not looking at the sky for comets and signs and wonders.

by the way my daughter came and saw your avatar rainacorn and went "OOOOUUUUHHOOOOO, It got rainbows on it!" lol I think she likes it, she's three I think I'll play games with them since they have finished dinner :)

S

silverwind

About the middle of last year i had so many bad feelings that something big was going to happen a big event where everyone was going to be talking and as we know it did this year with the earthquake and tsunami hitting and then that feeling went away.and about winter of last year i had a feeling that this year for weather was going to be worse and it is we had the strongest earthquake in years a historic tsunami also there is volcanos,earthquakes,floods and things we never seen before.and as far as the U.S we already made history on tornados this year and the tornado season just started & we are having historic floods all over the states followed by historic wildfires and the storms just seem real bad then other years.

i feel it is a sign and some say we are under judgement everyone has their opinion.
may Jesus be with us all
Did you know that in Japan alone, there were over 700 earthquakes, and they are still going on, but you don't hear it in the news. Their ground is liquifying and breaking apart. No one talks about that either. And don't even mention all the radiation that is being destributed from the reactors.
As for the weather, nothing seems normal to me anymore, I believe we are being given signs to start paying attention. I take regular videos of the sun and clouds. Things I have NEVER seen when I grew up.
I believe the Lord's return is at the door.

SW

R

rainacorn

We should always be ready. The end is near.

Regarding Japan, however, does anyone else get the impression that they're trying to make godzilla happen?

S

silverwind

We should always be ready. The end is near.

Regarding Japan, however, does anyone else get the impression that they're trying to make godzilla happen?
Interesting question and wikipedia says this:
In the original film, Godzilla is portrayed as a terrible and destructive monster born from nuclear materials. Following the first movie's success, Toho quickly followed up with the sequel Godzilla Raids Again. In this film, Godzilla battles the monster Anguirus beginning the trend where Godzilla would fight other giant creatures. In the fifth film, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, Godzilla takes the role of a hero - a role he plays until the end of the Showa series. As the protagonist, Godzilla is frequently charged with protecting Japan against other monsters, aliens, and other evil characters.

T

tif

The fact that there are mountains tell me there have been much bigger earthquakes in the past lol

Also what about all of the civilizations that have been quite literally wiped out by natural disasters? I can only assume that those disasters were pretty serious.

(I'm really just being contrary because I know too many people who read way too much into the weather. Maybe they're right though. Maybe God is punishing the wicked.)
I don't believe that earthquakes are God's punishment. I believe they're just what was mentioned in the bible: The birth pains announcing the return of Christ.

A

AnandaHya

Interesting question and wikipedia says this:
In the original film, Godzilla is portrayed as a terrible and destructive monster born from nuclear materials. Following the first movie's success, Toho quickly followed up with the sequel Godzilla Raids Again. In this film, Godzilla battles the monster Anguirus beginning the trend where Godzilla would fight other giant creatures. In the fifth film, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, Godzilla takes the role of a hero - a role he plays until the end of the Showa series. As the protagonist, Godzilla is frequently charged with protecting Japan against other monsters, aliens, and other evil characters.
on a related note has anyone done a biological survey in Japan to find out the effect of the nuclear radiation due to the nuclear power plant leaks caused by the earthquakes? I haven't seen anything in the news recently but there was a stop on some food production on nearby farms because of that concern. Also how much has leaked into the water and is there any effect on the global ocean life?

as for when is Jesus coming: we should listen to Jesus and be watchful always.

C

Colt45Bullet

People can not change the climate, or the atmosphere, and people do not change the weather.

J

Jdjess

It also says that in the end times people will have visions and dreams etc. Which happens a lot. There have been signs everywhere for years. But the Lords timing is perfect. And although it feels like forever for us, it's not to him. There are signs everywhere that were said in the bile that have happened already and still happening. I definitely think the weather is a huge part of it.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Daniel chapter 11 has been fulfilled up to verse 24, which we are in the midst of. Verse 31 tells of the Abomination that causes Desolation, which is when the rapture occurs. We don't have much time to wait. The king of the North is Iran and the king of the South is Saudi Arabia during this time frame.