Is the Holy Spirit in all men? Or, only in believers who come to know Him by faith ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

The Holy Spirit is with us since birth? (note: this is not a public poll)

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

oOfallen_angelOo

Is He or isn't He?

The Holy Spirit convicts the non-believer, but does He come whilst a wind at some point of the non-believer's believing process or was He there all the time? He was there all the time?

Some exclusivity to when the Holy Spirit enters, by grace, through faith, are Ye saved, but when does the Holy spirit NOW , these times, enter the person?
Oh I forgot -

As far as entering a person in these new times, it's the same process as when Jesus Christ was alive. You had to receive Jesus Christ as savior through bread and wine ( which is not communion or the Last Supper, but indeed the Passover -) get baptized and then everything literally takes off from there.

Yes the actual bread and wine ceremony was the Passover - people believe this to be some feast or Jewish custom I've been told? But logically if you read -

Communion for 1, doesn't even appear in the bible, to perpetuate that, a communion is a gathering of people; this holy communion took place on the

Passover.

The Last supper took place on the

Passover.

The Passover has had significant meaning in the bible since OT times when lamb's blood was placed on the door frames in Egypt. This was also called the

Passover.

Notice that one of Jesus's Christ titles was the " Lamb" ; a lamb was sacrificed for what time?

Passover.

Jesus was physically the sacrifical lamb for a certain time an " appointed time," as he called it in Matthew - that certain time being

Passover.

Then of course came his physical sacrifice like a physical lamb was sacrified during

Passover.

Passover has an incredibly profound meaning, and is pretty important. It is a specified feast because Passover is actually the main part of the New Covenant which Jesus told his followers to keep.

Passover is actually tied together to a lot of prophesy and mysteries concerning God, and of course the way Jesus specifically says unites one with Jesus's body and in that we come to share eternal life.

G

GreenNnice

Hmm from what I've learned, the Holy Spirit enters when the body becomes a temple for it to dwell in - that is being purified ( baptized,) repenting of sins ( Passover.)

Your not just born with the Holy Spirit - and you need to have pretty sound faith which is more than just saying you believe in God. A lot of people do this, but the bible says, " They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me," Matthew 15: 8

Verse 9 goes on to talk about those who follow the teachings of man instead of God. Then of course there is James 2 which talks about faith without works, meaning you have to put in some type of effort on your side to develop faith because in developing deep faith, one comes to truly fear God - and fearing God is being aware of not obeying any of his commandments, because in doing so you come to get on his bad side. The OT is full of people being punished for rebuking God's commands; this day and age is no different.

As far as I know though, the Holy Spirit only comes on those God gives it to. When you become deep into it enough, you can even pray for the Holy Spirit to help endure the times of tribulation.
So, when He is convicting the world of sin, per how Scripture words it, right, He 'convicts the world of their sins,' now where is that Scripture, my green brains just don't quite got the truth of where right now, but, WHEN He convicts, is He on the outside looking in. Just zooms in and says 'Come to me,' and zooms out, and does thing, or, is the Spirit there with the unsaved man ALL THE TIME, and, why can't we say, if not 'from birth,' from the time they are at the age God deems they are accountable?? And, at that time, He is trying to reach them, but they MUST want to be reached. God gave us a helper to do great things, us=beliievers. But, what about the unbelievers, is the Holy Spirit in them too, they just don't.....

....know it ? What about Christians who accept Christ, what happens IF they accept Christ and then don't know of the HOly Spirit? No one tells them of Him :( How can one receive whom they do not know of ? Also, what is God to do when the unbeliever keeps on rejecting Him? Isn't this why people continue to sin, and, never accept Christ? They know God is trying to reach them but Satan is winning out, but, truth be told, and, it is being told :) God does not ever never ever leave you or forsake you. :)

Why is it only the saved person whom God never leaves nor forsakes ? Whatnot about the unsaved who NEEDS the Spirit's presence more than the one who is saved. Didn't Jesus come for the unsaved? NOt the saved? No? Yes? Maybe?

These questions are for anyone .

And, who does the convicting of the world ? God? Jesus? Holy Spirit? Technically speaking. We already know the three are One :)

Disclosure: I am not trying to be right or wrong with this thread, just following who has me 'led.' :)

G

GreenNnice

Oh I forgot -

As far as entering a person in these new times, it's the same process as when Jesus Christ was alive. You had to receive Jesus Christ as savior through bread and wine ( which is not communion or the Last Supper, but indeed the Passover -) get baptized and then everything literally takes off from there.

Yes the actual bread and wine ceremony was the Passover - people believe this to be some feast or Jewish custom I've been told? But logically if you read -

Communion for 1, doesn't even appear in the bible, to perpetuate that, a communion is a gathering of people; this holy communion took place on the

Passover.

The Last supper took place on the

Passover.

The Passover has had significant meaning in the bible since OT times when lamb's blood was placed on the door frames in Egypt. This was also called the

Passover.

Notice that one of Jesus's Christ titles was the " Lamb" ; a lamb was sacrificed for what time?

Passover.

Jesus was physically the sacrifical lamb for a certain time an " appointed time," as he called it in Matthew - that certain time being

Passover.

Then of course came his physical sacrifice like a physical lamb was sacrified during

Passover.

Passover has an incredibly profound meaning, and is pretty important. It is a specified feast because Passover is actually the main part of the New Covenant which Jesus told his followers to keep.

Passover is actually tied together to a lot of prophesy and mysteries concerning God, and of course the way Jesus specifically says unites one with Jesus's body and in that we come to share eternal life.
I like your fervor for understanding Him, oh, how I wish I'd been investing my time in God stuff at age 19 ! You, like starryfields, speak with good wisdom, risenangel, :)

But, again, yes, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, are One, but the Word of God tells us that the Holy Spirit convicts the unsaved to come to Him. It is a tough question, I know, the Lord leads, this I pray, but, what is truly being asked, milady, is when does the Holy Spirit truly enter man.

True, correct, we receive the Holy Spirit by faith. This is true.

But what about the 'reside' word in 1 Cor. 3, speaking of the Holy Spirit being in our temple, Paul tells us. This is, of course, the believer. But, what about the unbeliever. Are they singled out? Can't, even though they are not at the POINT of accepting Christ, have the Holy Spirit in them? I mean, we receive the Spirit by faith, as a believer, Scripture tells us. It's not some drawn out, magical selective process, we simply have faith that Christ died for us and we are dead-set on being allive in Him, crucified in Him, letting Him lead our life :) Right?

G

GreenNnice

Hmm from what I've learned, the Holy Spirit enters when the body becomes a temple for it....

...As far as I know though, the Holy Spirit only comes on those God gives it to. When you become deep s into it enough, you can even pray for the Holy Spirit to help endure the times of tribulation. If you are around, risenangel, no, the Holy Spirit will be gone for the time after Jesus comes again, when the horrible 70 weeks of Daniel start, and, that is why there will be, pardon my French, hell on earth :( This is what I believer, eschatology-wise, research it yourself :)
So....besides that green writing and not to pick on you, just help an understanding of how the Holy Spirit comes into man better, I offer this :

Yes, the Holy Spirit enters when the body becomes a temple for it, as you say, milady. That time is when you have faith. It's no big grand ceremony to receive the Holy Spirit, His timing, but it's by FAITH :) I will point to Scripture if you like. I think though, you got Him in you, your faith seems quite by and by, so to speak. :)

So, He has revealed this truth of Himself to you, which comes by how? By faith. We hear the word of God by faith :) It's all about faith.

And then there is grace, which comes from believing in His leading us with mercy given and grace, because of His love to lead us His way. Ahhh, now we are getting somewhere. The Lord leads us by still waters, restoreth my soul....

Yes, the Spirit in you will help you to make right choices when tribulation comes, risenangel, you are correct amundo :) I, IF I had above olive green part wrong interp. James 1:2-3 good verses speaking that truth of God's testing producing patience, leading to perseverence. Count those times all of joy :) But, again, the whole contention of this thread is that Christ is with the believer AND the unbeliever, that is, in proper context, I mean, the 'unsaved' person, He is in them BOTH :) But only one recognizes it :( Happy for one :). Sad for another :) There, we have the proper perspective now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 1

18Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
John 1

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
John 3

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. 32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 14

4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence
John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
Matthew 7

5Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

1 Corinthians 15

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

29Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 30And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. 33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

O

oOfallen_angelOo

So, when He is convicting the world of sin, per how Scripture words it, right, He 'convicts the world of their sins,' now where is that Scripture, my green brains just don't quite got the truth of where right now, but, WHEN He convicts, is He on the outside looking in. Just zooms in and says 'Come to me,' and zooms out, and does thing, or, is the Spirit there with the unsaved man ALL THE TIME, and, why can't we say, if not 'from birth,' from the time they are at the age God deems they are accountable?? And, at that time, He is trying to reach them, but they MUST want to be reached. God gave us a helper to do great things, us=beliievers. But, what about the unbelievers, is the Holy Spirit in them too, they just don't.....

....know it ? What about Christians who accept Christ, what happens IF they accept Christ and then don't know of the HOly Spirit? No one tells them of Him :( How can one receive whom they do not know of ? Also, what is God to do when the unbeliever keeps on rejecting Him? Isn't this why people continue to sin, and, never accept Christ? They know God is trying to reach them but Satan is winning out, but, truth be told, and, it is being told :) God does not ever never ever leave you or forsake you. :)

Why is it only the saved person whom God never leaves nor forsakes ? Whatnot about the unsaved who NEEDS the Spirit's presence more than the one who is saved. Didn't Jesus come for the unsaved? NOt the saved? No? Yes? Maybe?

These questions are for anyone .

And, who does the convicting of the world ? God? Jesus? Holy Spirit? Technically speaking. We already know the three are One :)

Disclosure: I am not trying to be right or wrong with this thread, just following who has me 'led.' :)
Beautiful Questions actually :)

I wondered about the non - believers too - I met a lot of wonderful people when I was going through my non - believing stage with God.

So, when He is convicting the world of sin, per how Scripture words it, right, He 'convicts the world of their sins,' now where is that Scripture, my green brains just don't quite got the truth of where right now, but, WHEN He convicts, is He on the outside looking in. Just zooms in and says 'Come to me,' and zooms out, and does thing, or, is the Spirit there with the unsaved man ALL THE TIME, and, why can't we say, if not 'from birth,' from the time they are at the age God deems they are accountable??

I'm not 100% sure how the whole conviction process goes - I know for a fact thought that the bible talks about God coming with fire, which essentially means that destruction will be the conviction, not so much a physical God plucking his chosen people out. Not all the way sure though - have to wait and see lol :p

Now as far as calling to his people - there's actually a prophesy in the bible about 2nd Coming Christ ( Book of John,) in which Jesus talks about another Counselor coming in his name. 2nd Coming Christ is to appear first before convicting judgement, to basically bring the truth and this will begin to filter who is God's chosen people. It's like in the OT how God warned those who believed about the smiting of the first born, and told them to mark their doors with lambs blood. God always gives a head up, so if your heart is there I'm pretty sure you'll be " called " spiritually in some form. I don't know your heart though, and I'm not God, but I say this from experience. Also the disciples testify a lot about staying faithful and loving to God until the time comes.

I'm not sure if people were made accountable from the very beginning or not; we were all put on earth to repent of our sins, so obviously any of us here weren't faithful to God from the get go. The beauty of that though, is it doesn't violate free will, because we always had the choice and ability to disobey and reject God if that's what we really wanted to do.

As far as age, there is a verse that says one of the worst sins is conciously rejecting God; if one isn't able to conciously deduce God like babies, mentally disabled etc, I don't think they get condemned of anything. Someone asked me about people dying prematurely - the dead actually get judged with the living when the time comes. There's a place where they go after this life and encounter God even there. Don't quote me on that though lol, I'm still learning about all this :p Basically, it seems that everyone will come to a point in which they willfully pick God or not. It may even be more complex than that.

And, at that time, He is trying to reach them, but they MUST want to be reached. God gave us a helper to do great things, us=beliievers. But, what about the unbelievers, is the Holy Spirit in them too, they just don't...know it ?

The whole thing boils down to what people want; God isn't going to force you to believe in him, hence why he hasn't come tearing through the skies ha ha. It has to be done by choice because this crushes the aspect of rebellion in one's heart, which lead to arrogance and sinning against God in the first place. When you 100% want to come to God, you do it out of love and respect. God in return, gives you copious amounts of love and the cycle is like this forever. I know sounds all lovey dovey but it's actually really beautiful when you think about it. This is why one of God's titles is the " Father," because God treats his people more like a heavenly family than a king to pesant relationship.

As far as believers, there are some believers who may not have the Holy Spirit depending on where they stand with God. Note that the Holy Spirit only came upon Jesus and the disciples - even though there were a bunch of people who believed in God. Non - believers don't believe in God, so I' would say the Holy Spirit is not with them. The Holy Spirit btw, functions in a very mysterious way; it's more like a power if you will of wisdom, truth, and revelation than a physical being. It's related to God's spiritual element which in itself is a profound mystery. The Holy Spirit coming onto the disciples for example, caused them to endure persecution, speak in tongues, boast about God and most importantly understand some of the mysteries to God which is why they were so knowledgable in God even after Jesus's death.

What about Christians who accept Christ, what happens IF they accept Christ and then don't know of the HOly Spirit? No one tells them of Him How can one receive whom they do not know of ?

I'm assuming this is referencing either John or Revelations? Both speak of an actual entity of the Holy Spirit - this title is actually given to 2nd Coming Christ in this sense. Note in Revs when it talks about the 7 churches - it always says " Hear what the Spirit ( Holy Spirit) says to the churches." This is actually pin pointing 2nd Coming Christ who brings truth upon their appearance. People will come to know of this person soon. Very soon even.

Also, what is God to do when the unbeliever keeps on rejecting Him? Isn't this why people continue to sin, and, never accept Christ? They know God is trying to reach them but Satan is winning out, but, truth be told, and, it is being told God does not ever never ever leave you or forsake you.

God could make a person believe, but then that would be unjust of God. Also, in coming to fully believe on one's own, you come to understand the immensity of God's love, which in turn perpetuates you to become a godly person ( born again,) as they say, because God actually refines your soul practically. It's not bad though, because it's something you desire. If someone does not desire God, then they are content with their disbelief. People sin of their own accord love. I could go rob a bank right now if I wanted and break a bunch of sins, but I choose not to because I have that freedom and 2.) I can't run from the po po right now :p Point here - we're free to sin. Even though I've been baptized and received some holy spirit - I am still absolutely free to reject God and sin up a storm. I don't because I love God and I want to please him and make up for his love.

You have to know someone's heart to determine is Satan has got a firm hold on them; most non - believers I've encountered were just confused and looking for answers. That's already a step in the right direction, because at least their hearts are open to the possibility of God. As for the hardcore atheist? I would Satan probably has a good run on them, because some of these people go out of their way to try and bash down God and Christianity. Bible says that this is what people will do in the last days especially. As far as the non - believers seeking God, the only advice I can accurately give is for them to go directly too God. Just pray and keep praying, if you really want God in your heart, he'll find his way in; and it's because he doesn't ever forsake those who are truly seeking him.

Saved people can reject God's saving lol - the saved thing was actually a free gift from God - grace is what this is called. A lot of people turn down the free gift and even those who had it can come to lose it if they forsake God. The unsaved have to want to be saved in order to get saved. If their mentality is not in the right place, then they don't even care about God or being saved. As for the unsaved who want to be saved, they will eventually go to God and be saved.

Jesus came for the sinners, ( Matthew 9:13) ALL of us are sinners - when you are saved, it simply means that your sins have been forgiven and God will overlook them when the time comes. However, if you for whatever reject God after that time, you will be held accountable for every sin you've committed. There's a verse that says, " Blessed is the man whom's sins go uncounted," or something similar to that, basically expressing this same idea.

We all need saving ha ha - but what separates God's people from everyone else, is having the heart and mind for God essentially. God knows what decisions whom is to make about this, but it is not pre - destined as everyone came to sin on his own accord and of his own accord he can be saved or not.

Hope that helped :p

G

GreenNnice

When does our body become a temple for the Holy Spirit?

Here might'be been a better title for the thread ....

Is the Holy Spirit residing in an unbeliever's (unsaved person) life?

Please, notice, He is not residing in their heart.

Is this 'life' and 'heart' make for a good distinction? :)

O

oOfallen_angelOo

I like your fervor for understanding Him, oh, how I wish I'd been investing my time in God stuff at age 19 ! You, like starryfields, speak with good wisdom, risenangel, :)

But, again, yes, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, are One, but the Word of God tells us that the Holy Spirit convicts the unsaved to come to Him. It is a tough question, I know, the Lord leads, this I pray, but, what is truly being asked, milady, is when does the Holy Spirit truly enter man.

True, correct, we receive the Holy Spirit by faith. This is true.

But what about the 'reside' word in 1 Cor. 3, speaking of the Holy Spirit being in our temple, Paul tells us. This is, of course, the believer. But, what about the unbeliever. Are they singled out? Can't, even though they are not at the POINT of accepting Christ, have the Holy Spirit in them? I mean, we receive the Spirit by faith, as a believer, Scripture tells us. It's not some drawn out, magical selective process, we simply have faith that Christ died for us and we are dead-set on being allive in Him, crucified in Him, letting Him lead our life :) Right?
It's not some drawn out, magical selective process, we simply have faith that Christ died for us and we are dead-set on being allive in Him, crucified in Him, letting Him lead our life Right?

It's actually not that easy. I had faith when I was a young girl, grew in a church family, but then lost it and actually denounced God for a little while when I got older. I actually just got back into Christianity a mere 3 months ago ha ha. My family was pretty shocked that I had suddenly lost all my faith so drastically - but it's like that because it's a personal choice. Some people have stronger faith than others, or some just don't see a point in God. From the beginning God created us with this capacity to rebel and sin or else we would have never come to do it - EVER.

Thus there's always been a choice. Lucifer was one of God's most splendid angels, and he became corrupt seemingly out of nowhere. We of course followed his lead, which means all of mankind always had the choice of following God or turning our backs to him.

I use to pity non - believers, but then all one can do is really pray that they come to God because it is truly out of our hands.

Humans were essentially created imperfect and our time on earth is actually the perfection process; this is why you have the instance of good and evil, believing and non - believer coexisting on this plain we call physical " life." Thus, if one comes to turn their back to God, it is his choice alone, and many who do this are wary of the consequences - they simply do not care for them :/.

As far as the seventy weeks Daniel prophecy-

Not sure on that because I haven't heard that one - the seventy year prophecy I heard deals with the Isrealites being able to return to their homeland - spiritually speaking, God's people being able to return to their homeland.

I know the dark ages was a time in which the bible was sealed up and the devil ran a muck for a prophesied time, a lot of true Christians being persecute and dying at that time?

G

GreenNnice

It's not some drawn out, magical selective process, we simply have faith that Christ died for us and we are dead-set on being allive in Him, crucified in Him, letting Him lead our life Right?

It's actually not that easy. I had faith when I was a young girl, grew in a church family, but then lost it and actually denounced God for a little while when I got older. I actually just got back into Christianity a mere 3 months ago ha ha. My family was pretty shocked that I had suddenly lost all my faith so drastically - but it's like that because it's a personal choice. Some people have stronger faith than others, or some just don't see a point in God. From the beginning God created us with this capacity to rebel and sin or else we would have never come to do it - EVER.

Thus there's always been a choice. Lucifer was one of God's most splendid angels, and he became corrupt seemingly out of nowhere. We of course followed his lead, which means all of mankind always had the choice of following God or turning our backs to him.

I use to pity non - believers, but then all one can do is really pray that they come to God because it is truly out of our hands.

Humans were essentially created imperfect and our time on earth is actually the perfection process; this is why you have the instance of good and evil, believing and non - believer coexisting on this plain we call physical " life." Thus, if one comes to turn their back to God, it is his choice alone, and many who do this are wary of the consequences - they simply do not care for them :/.

As far as the seventy weeks Daniel prophecy-

Not sure on that because I haven't heard that one - the seventy year prophecy I heard deals with the Isrealites being able to return to their homeland - spiritually speaking, God's people being able to return to their homeland.

I know the dark ages was a time in which the bible was sealed up and the devil ran a muck for a prophesied time, a lot of true Christians being persecute and dying at that time?
It IS that easy, risenangel, BY FAITH . :) The Lord leads.

Anyway, not to be anti-social, your words will resonate with many, well said, just keep on following Him.

This thread, like I pray all my threads done, is His, to His glory.

My intent , more than anything else, is/has been to show the LOST that the Holy Spirit of God is not selective of who He reaches, He wants to convict you to see His grace by 'the cross,' and, He wants to show you His love by His faith given you to excercise YOUR choice to have Him in you.

RA, people legalize Scripture soo much, they tell us we are running the wrong race, that there way is right, and, truth is, that we should be thankful for how He leads our life and fearing of His leading IS to be only followed, thru His Word and His way of your life going, filled with little moments in it that you can say are Him, or, not, even the bad things happening, realizing, by faith, that He is in control of our tribulations in this life, too. :)

I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit's presence can be seen, I say this to my believing in Him friends out there and all others in the world.

God bless us all, everyone :)

Show us you, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, Father God, by faith, that we will follow your leading, knowing to stay true :)

G

GreenNnice

To the 7 that say the Holy Spirit is not with man from birth, helping man grow in life, learning things of His creation, though man be too young an age to accept Him but God never leaves that one from time of birth, why did you all say 'no.'

Rickzee, did you put God in a box with that post ?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
To the 7 that say the Holy Spirit is not with man from birth, helping man grow in life, learning things of His creation, though man be too young an age to accept Him but God never leaves that one from time of birth, why did you all say 'no.'

Rickzee, did you put God in a box with that post ?
In reading the Gospels we are taught that people who were baptized with water had not yet received the Holy Spirit. My own experience has taught me the Holy Spirit comes in to a person when he repents of the world and turns to Yahweh, God. It is plainly taught.

I do not doubt for a moment that our Father can fill a person with the Holy Spirit from birth, but He is the One Who determines such a thing, not the teachings He has given us all in the Bible. The Word with the Holy Spirit to guide us teaches this.

G

GreenNnice

Note: I expect everyone who reads this to pray, and, vote :) Everyone . Oh, I'm not a Christian, green, how can I? I don't know? How can you :)

JaumeJ, as loveMe#1 says, Christ ' manifests Himself via His Holy Spirit in the believer, this is known Scripture, easily understood words, right.

But, what about the person who is not a Christian yet, unsaved, riding the fence, do you think that the Holy Spirit is manifest in them? Or, just in them ?

Or, not in them at all, or, at times in them and then at times not in them, depending on the sins they commit. Can God live within one who is not His (having not accepted Him) and is denying Him--and let's just say profusely-- in their world living.

What can we learn from Paul? Do you think the Spirit was after Paul, do you think Paul's AH!! sign of glory from above was just for Paul, or, do the unsaved, like Paul WAS until God came via a light that was His Holy Spirit who was of Himself speaking to Paul, convicting Paul, questioning why Paul was persecuting Him?

Just some questions. Again, why does everyone have to think that this is a right or wrong thing? It's a discussion :) Don't think green has all weirded out on me just because he believes a little different on this, perhaps. Who knows, THAT GREEN!, he plays devil's advocate sometimes too . Asks me questions he knows his answers too already . Oh, do I (*whistles and twiddles his thumbs, and ;) )

Green you're so CONCEITED !!

And, that's OK, by me, as long as I am conceited of speaking powerfully of Him, as I feel led :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus, Yeshua, teaches "No man comes to me unless the Father draws him to Me." I believe I not only have experienced this myself, but I know it and understand it. It cannot be forced on anyone to understand; it is a gift given after turning from what has been made, to the Maker of all that is.

It is always good to remember Christ's teaching via Paul how many pagans have the truth inscribed on their hearts with their own conscience accusing and excusing them as they act. This takes some meditation I believe.

Last edited:
O

oOfallen_angelOo

Anyway, not to be anti-social, your words will resonate with many, well said, just keep on following Him.

This thread, like I pray all my threads done, is His, to His glory.

My intent , more than anything else, is/has been to show the LOST that the Holy Spirit of God is not selective of who He reaches, He wants to convict you to see His grace by 'the cross,' and, He wants to show you His love by His faith given you to excercise YOUR choice to have Him in you.

RA, people legalize Scripture soo much, they tell us we are running the wrong race, that there way is right, and, truth is, that we should be thankful for how He leads our life and fearing of His leading IS to be only followed, thru His Word and His way of your life going, filled with little moments in it that you can say are Him, or, not, even the bad things happening, realizing, by faith, that He is in control of our tribulations in this life, too. :)

I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit's presence can be seen, I say this to my believing in Him friends out there and all others in the world.

God bless us all, everyone :)

Show us you, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, Father God, by faith, that we will follow your leading, knowing to stay true :)

You have to develop faith first though; and that's where a lot of non - believers and even Christians struggle - hence why some come to leave the faith entirely.

You are not just born with faith, or just given faith until you ask for it. Babies are a clean slate, and how one internalizes God and feels for God will depict their choice in choosing God or not.

I know it's more beautiful to think that God just happens upon people - but the truth is that we are the one's who must choose God or not in our hearts; he doesn't just force anyone to have faith or to believe; and faith comes through belief, and well non - believers don't believe for whatever internalized reason. Some people cling to God immediately, some are unsure, others totally reject God. It's all a matter of free will and free choice. If you don't want to believe in God, by all means you are not required too - however the situation is that those who do not, do not essentially care for their souls, because this is what comes to be lost in the judgement times ultimately. The 2nd death as the bible calls it.

Yes, the bible says " men are without excuse," when it comes to the actuality of God, and this is of course 100% true. A lot of people though, dont' see the cross and think anything of it, or recognize his love to even have faith. That is where the personal tribulation comes about in accepting God or not. When I left the faith, it was not easy to return, and when I did, I had one hell of a time really recognizing the Father because my faith was so small. I had to pray a lot for him to help me, or else I wouldn't have made it. But in me choosing to pray to the Father when I could have just turned away for lack thereof, was a person choice, because my heart was finally at a point where it was for God. Now my mind is too ^^But it all starts with faith and the " Lost " have to figure it out for themselves as we all had to. Some will not make it; but God will find those who really desire him when their time comes, and this includes all people; even atheist who have rejected God have come to fully accept him. Humans have an inherent pre - disposition to the supernatural, so at some point in time one has come to think or ponder of God - even briefly to figure of him. How one takes to God, is a deeply personal situation. We all have our own path; some to God and some to destruction...

But yeah, God knows who his true people are, and I have no doubt in my mind that he will call to them and care for them as promised :)

Our Father's love is truly immaculate - lol I always say this is why we get eternal life, because it will take us an eternity to try and make up for such unconditional loving ha ha :p

God bless you!

G

GreenNnice

You have to develop faith first though; and that's where a lot of non - believers and even Christians struggle - hence why some come to leave the faith entirely.

You are not just born with faith, or just given faith until you ask for it. Babies are a clean slate, and how one internalizes God and feels for God will depict their choice in choosing God or not.

I know it's more beautiful to think that God just happens upon people - but the truth is that we are the one's who must choose God or not in our hearts; he doesn't just force anyone to have faith or to believe; and faith comes through belief, and well non - believers don't believe for whatever internalized reason. Some people cling to God immediately, some are unsure, others totally reject God. It's all a matter of free will and free choice. If you don't want to believe in God, by all means you are not required too - however the situation is that those who do not, do not essentially care for their souls, because this is what comes to be lost in the judgement times ultimately. The 2nd death as the bible calls it.

Yes, the bible says " men are without excuse," when it comes to the actuality of God, and this is of course 100% true. A lot of people though, dont' see the cross and think anything of it, or recognize his love to even have faith. That is where the personal tribulation comes about in accepting God or not. When I left the faith, it was not easy to return, and when I did, I had one hell of a time really recognizing the Father because my faith was so small. I had to pray a lot for him to help me, or else I wouldn't have made it. But in me choosing to pray to the Father when I could have just turned away for lack thereof, was a person choice, because my heart was finally at a point where it was for God. Now my mind is too ^^But it all starts with faith and the " Lost " have to figure it out for themselves as we all had to. Some will not make it; but God will find those who really desire him when their time comes, and this includes all people; even atheist who have rejected God have come to fully accept him. Humans have an inherent pre - disposition to the supernatural, so at some point in time one has come to think or ponder of God - even briefly to figure of him. How one takes to God, is a deeply personal situation. We all have our own path; some to God and some to destruction...

But yeah, God knows who his true people are, and I have no doubt in my mind that he will call to them and care for them as promised :)

Our Father's love is truly immaculate - lol I always say this is why we get eternal life, because it will take us an eternity to try and make up for such unconditional loving ha ha :p

God bless you!
I'm going to let someone else comment on your 'faith,' but it is a 'measure,' we are all given, risenangel, from Him :) We are to use it boldly and go into all the world, baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit :)

But, yeah, you are a wise young lady, you really do speak your mind well, I see the Lord really has you going forward now from His leading and your going :) And, you are organized in your thoughts and you make less typos and sentence grammatical mistakes than most. That's coool, that's a GIFT from God :)
God bless you as you follow Him, He does lead, just keep on freewriting for Jesus, it's going to take you far______________________________on a road of His, with much travel. :)