Is there a point of no return?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
If you just slowly drift away from Christianity? There are numerous of stories, even from people on here, about leaving the church only to rediscover their faith. I feel my faith has been shot down though. Just too much stuff has happened and I don't feel God around me or the Holy Spirit moving through me. Everything feels forced it seems. I'm scared I'm doomed for eternity. I don't have the knowledge of the Bible or the knowing of Christ's love around me like others do. I don't have a relationship with Him, and I've prayed and asked to help me have a relationship with Him. I just feel lost and scared and don't really know what to do. Has anyone else felt this way? If so how did Christ open Himself up to you?

E

ELECT

Luke 17:5
And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase ourfaith.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Luke 17:5
And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase ourfaith.
I believe. But I don't feel like I have a personal relationship. The demons believe. But what's the point if there's no actual relationship with me and Christ?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have been where you are a few times in my life.
Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know I am God

This verse brings me back to the place where I need to be to feel the presence of God.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
I have been where you are a few times in my life.
Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know I am God

This verse brings me back to the place where I need to be to feel the presence of God.
I know God. But at the same time, I don't know Him. Last week my pastor preached preachedtbrough Gensesis. When God blessed Abraham. maybe that was a sign. I don't know. It just feels like I'm wandering through the desert.

Seriously

Apr 10, 2013
You don't know him - then get to know him. Thats why he gave us his word :) Maybe what you mean is that you know about God - but you don't have a relationship with him - you don't know him personally. You feel, you feel . . . no no no - don't base your trust or your faith on feelings - feelings change quicker then the weather. You might not feel like God is near - but we 'Know' from his word if you draw near to God he will draw near to you - whether you 'feel' it or not. God isn't always lighting and thunder - sometimes God is in the silence. Good prayer life is a start to knowing him more personally. Worship is also a good part. Make him a part of your daily life. Cry out to him and know that he hears you. Believe in his love. If you have accepted him as your savior and received the holy spirit - then he is in you and you have begun to know him. Do you have some friends or a church group you could reach out to whom would help you to grow and know Christ more? I think that would be the best place to start.

oh and to answer your question - no, I don't believe there is a point of no return - as long as you are still living :p

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
If you just slowly drift away from Christianity? There are numerous of stories, even from people on here, about leaving the church only to rediscover their faith. I feel my faith has been shot down though. Just too much stuff has happened and I don't feel God around me or the Holy Spirit moving through me. Everything feels forced it seems. I'm scared I'm doomed for eternity. I don't have the knowledge of the Bible or the knowing of Christ's love around me like others do. I don't have a relationship with Him, and I've prayed and asked to help me have a relationship with Him. I just feel lost and scared and don't really know what to do. Has anyone else felt this way? If so how did Christ open Himself up to you?
Yes, in fact I was so down a black hole that i once "felt" like He left me. He didn't. In that down and out state of mind, I was reminded that our relationship, belief, and faith in God is more than just a feeling.

Go pick a bible verse and meditate on it for a while. Savor it, remind yourself of it. Tomorrow pick another one, or better yet, read a passage. Do this every day, and if you dont quite understand something, have an audible conversation with God about it, tell Him everything you are thinking... Be honest and don't hold anything back. Again, do this every day and soon most of your thoughts are going to be directed toward Him.

U

Ugly

Since no one here has actually acknowledged the question you're asking, i suppose someone has to.
[h=1]Matthew 12:31-32[SUP]
31 [/SUP]And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. [SUP]32 [/SUP]Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.[/h]
I believe. But I don't feel like I have a personal relationship. The demons believe. But what's the point if there's no actual relationship with me and Christ?
There isn't any point. But it's up to YOU to create that relationship. Right now what you're saying is 'i'm making no effort, not praying, not reading. And yet, for some reason, i don't have a relationship with God, so what's the point?'. Point is, if you want a relationship with God then do something about it.
If you want to drive somewhere you have to get in the car, start the engine and drive. You don't sit in the house, think about driving, but make no effort, then call your friends and say 'i want to drive, but it's just not happening, what's the point?'.

Sep 30, 2014
I like what seriously said, but would add on what to ugly said, by saying if your conscious of the Holy Spirit, and you deny or speak against it, that would be blasphemous.

now I would agree with most post, as for getting to know Him. Dedicate yourself a hour a day or so, to read His word, start with the things you like to read in the Bible, rather it be a story, or Jesus talking or proverbs. It would be good to have silence and be able to pray as well. Don't give up on it, even if nothing's happening yet, keep your faith that you know he's there watching. I'll pray for you.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Since no one here has actually acknowledged the question you're asking, i suppose someone has to.
[h=1]Matthew 12:31-32[SUP]
31 [/SUP]And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. [SUP]32 [/SUP]Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.[/h]

There isn't any point. But it's up to YOU to create that relationship. Right now what you're saying is 'i'm making no effort, not praying, not reading. And yet, for some reason, i don't have a relationship with God, so what's the point?'. Point is, if you want a relationship with God then do something about it.
If you want to drive somewhere you have to get in the car, start the engine and drive. You don't sit in the house, think about driving, but make no effort, then call your friends and say 'i want to drive, but it's just not happening, what's the point?'.
I've tried reading and applying it to my daily life. Ask for a better understanding of it I get different answers all the time when I ask what does this mean or what does that mean. I have made effort. If I wasn't I wouldn't come here looking for help. It doesn't help the fact I'm dealing with anxiety and depression at the same time. I've heard different views on what blasphemy of the Spirit is so I'm still not sure what it is exactly. I don't know every single sin I've commit and due to the life I have had leading up to right now I have blocked many things out. I know all of our sins, from past to future, are forgiven. And I know anyone can have that relationship. For some it doesn't just happen overnight. I like the driving the car example, as you just don't learn that overnight.

DaveTheRave

May 28, 2014
As for the original question, No. Like what Ugly said, there isn't any point of no return. If you want to improve your relationship with God it is like any other relationship. You spend time with him and get to know him. Talk to him (prayer), listen to him (read the bible), tell him what you love about him (worship) and so on..

U

Ugly

I've tried reading and applying it to my daily life. Ask for a better understanding of it I get different answers all the time when I ask what does this mean or what does that mean. I have made effort. If I wasn't I wouldn't come here looking for help. It doesn't help the fact I'm dealing with anxiety and depression at the same time. I've heard different views on what blasphemy of the Spirit is so I'm still not sure what it is exactly. I don't know every single sin I've commit and due to the life I have had leading up to right now I have blocked many things out. I know all of our sins, from past to future, are forgiven. And I know anyone can have that relationship. For some it doesn't just happen overnight. I like the driving the car example, as you just don't learn that overnight.
I've dealt with depression since i was 14. Anxiety for 10 years. So i understand the struggle. But part of being a Christian is having faith, and faith is what? Basically the bible says faith is believing in what we can't see. It means actively believing even when there is no evidence, no direction, no answers.
I have never been one to get clear answers either. And so i also get how difficult it can be to read and pray. But as a teen i did a lot of going to church and bible studies. One thing i found is, though i felt i wasn't learning a lot, when it came time to need to know something of what i had spent all that time learning, but felt i hadn't learned much, i actually Did know something. Sometimes you just have to have faith that though you don't see change that it's still happening.
Yes, some people do seem to have an easier time. Wish i knew why. But regardless i still have pushed on in my walk. Some days it's easier than others. But Christ himself knew what it was for God to turn His back. And during the hardest point of his life. Something the bible does not say God does to us.
Silence isn't always distance or a lack of caring. I can sit in a room with someone for hours and not speak a word, not because i don't care or because there is distance between us, but because i'm content just to be in their presence.

Far as the 'unforgivable sin', i have heard a couple variations, but by far the most common (by at least 90%) answer i've heard is that it simply means to reject Christ. There's nothing in the NT that suggests any other way. Accept Christ and do your best to live according to Gods will, and do so not grudgingly or out of obligation, but out of a desire to do so. Live this life and you're good. Long as your heart desires to change and grow away from sin and towards God, God will see this in your heart and accept it, even if your body/mind can't always seem to follow through.
Go back and re-read the scriptures i posted. Paul was admitting to his inability to stop sinning. Did God hold this against Paul? Or did God recognize Pauls heart over his actions?
This isn't to say we shouldn't' still try. To accept sin in our life without conscience is a warning sign of where our heart truly is.

Perhaps it will help to listen to some good preaching. I think Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries > Home) is awesome to listen to. He's not the most 'exciting' speaker, but if you listen to what's being said the information is good.
Maybe see if your church has a bible study you can attend as well. There are a Lot of resources to learn, it's just a matter of using them.