IS THERE ANY FURTHER FORGIVNESS TO BE GIVEN AFTER BELIEVING IN CHRIST

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
When one comes to belief in Christ and I hear that by him all sin has been taken away. I would like to know if there is anywhere in the new Testament after the death of Christ, that the word says to go to God and ask for any further forgiveness after belief in his Son? I Know some of you will use 1 John 1:9, but after I agree with 1 John and what it says I find no where after that that it says to continue on doing this as it states, so either one believes and recieves or one doesn't right?
Then I know that there will be those that say well future sins are not forgiven and this is truth, but I tell do not forget what Peter says:
2 Peter 1:9But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past
sins.
Tell me how fast is past, before anyone can even close thier eyes that sin is past, and this is another reason why the word states to not use this amazing grace as an ocassion to sin.

And Paul even said forgetting what is behind and moving on toward the mark, he did not say we need to ever get anymore forgiveness from God after belief.
What is up with this and so why do we say we believe and really do not, when in Christ one is forgiven period and I am not talking about takng advantage of this, I am saying what a miraculous salvation where all sins and lawless acts are behind his back never to see again So is there anymore forgiveness to be executed by and from God or did Christ really take it all away in Father's sight?