Is there away to help the guy you like about god without losing them?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Samme712

I really like this guy I've known him since I was 12 but I don't know how to tell him about god. I really don't want to lose him but at the same time I know he is capable of being a Christian I just don't know how to presume hit to him without making him feel squished or put on the spot, please help?

S

SkepticalJack

What is he now?

S

Samme712

Nothing, I don't think he is an atheist or anything he just doesn't go to church or anything

S

SkepticalJack

Plenty of Christians don't go to church. Is that a big deal for you?

S

Samme712

Well like 15 percent of one, I meant more of like, he isn't saved, he doesn't know God as his savior

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Surrender the situation to God. He knows that person more than you do. He knows what can change his heart. Keep praying for him and God will show the way.
But always show love coz love leads to a change in heart. Pray that God will show you how to change that person.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Your life should be all he needs to see, to see Christ.

Also, if you two are already friends, invite him to some youth group events at your church. Those are some of my best memories from high school...youth events from church!
It will show him that church/relationship with Christ is not all about hymns and sitting stoic all the time, never having fun. It will also open up many, many doors for you, OR someone else he may meet there to talk to him about the Lord.

BUT, I also know what it feels like to want to have something specific that you can do RIGHT now. Maybe some simple converstion starters you can have with him would be like: "have you ever wondered why I do not swear?" Or "hey, did you see the way so and so treated ________ at lunch yest.? I was brought up to believe you treat others like you want to be treated, taht is what the bible says."

I don't know....just suggestions. You never know where the convos could go, or what an invite to youth may lead to. :)

T

TheJesusFreak

Yeah I have the same problem at my school but Its not like I can invite them to youth stuff because most people GO to youth groups and still act terrible at school.

Jun 20, 2010
Truth isn't reached by convincing per say, its reached by argument and investigation.
Being around people more and raising the issue to make it a more frequent occurence is fine too.
Lead that way, we all might learn something :)

S

Samme712

Thank you, these answers are very helpful :)

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

maybe share with him how God works in your life. it's often hard to talk about faith to some one who doesn't share that without turning them off. But always let Christ shine through you and people will see it.

T

TheTruthWillSetYouFree

Evangelism

Truth isn't reached by convincing per say, its reached by argument and investigation.
Being around people more and raising the issue to make it a more frequent occurence is fine too.
Lead that way, we all might learn something :)
Truth is Christ; and the lost can only find it if convicted by the Holy Spirit.

Thomas60, I don't know if you've ever debated with hard-core atheists, but after failing in science, logic, and other evidence, they resort to their emotional side.

Truth is not reached by argument and investigation. It is reached through the conviction of sin by none other than the Holy Spirit.

And sitting back and just praying to God, and asking him that your friend will just change his mind is not the right solution.

Instead, pray to God that he can use you to effectively present the message to him.

So, how can you help someone hear the truth? Well, Paul tells us in Romans 10:17---

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ."

Does faith come from reading the message?

Does faith come from arguing about the message?

Does faith come from hoping he'll suddenly accept Jesus?

NO! You can't do anything except tell him the Truth; it is God who convicts, and it is God who saves. Sit down with him, and get him to read the following verses OUT LOUD:

Romans 3:23
Romans 6:23
John 3:16
Romans 10:9-13
John 14:6
Revelations 3:20

Bonus: Ask him what he thinks those verses mean after he reads them OUT LOUD.

Now, if your primary motivation is to "win one over" for Jesus is so you can go out with him, I have to go:

"WHAT?"

If your main objective here isn't to serve God, and to obey his Great Commission, but is instead to have a viable boyfriend, then I am disgusted. I am appalled.

When sharing the truth, you have to acknowledge you may offend whoever you're talking to. Truth will offend the corrupted and sinful mind!

Romans 8:6-8: "The mind of sinful mane is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mindf is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."

In fact, you may even be hated by the very person you are trying to be loved by!

John 15:18-27:

"“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.H e who hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.""

Jun 20, 2010
Thomas60, I don't know if you've ever debated with hard-core atheists, but after failing in science, logic, and other evidence, they resort to their emotional side.
Aside for the fact you may have missed that i'm an athiest, I said that argument and investigation is the way to truth, thats not to say people can get the right (or wrong) answer because of emotional ploys, nor that the wrong (or right) answer can be arrived at through argument and investigation because of limited evidence, so perhaps I should have said it is the most reliable way to truth.

Truth is not reached by argument and investigation. It is reached through the conviction of sin by none other than the Holy Spirit.
I reached my conclusion on the understanding that argument finds other peoples perspectives and flaws of ones own beliefs, and that helps point us in a direction to validate or determine said questions and answers raised through investigation. How did you reach yours?

P

PrayerWarrior4Jesus

i seen your comment
i was in a relationship with a guy that would not acknowledge the Lord
for 9 years i prayed for him to know Jesus
he refused , i wanted so bad to still be with him
But GOD spoke to my heart and said " you cannot serve your bf and ME too
you know i love you and only want whats right for you

i have been a Christian for 25 years
i have found out it is not easy to be with someone that does not share Jesus
you can pray all you want , even make them believe you can be like them
but in the END it will only cause you pain .

I had to remind myself
It is MANS will . He has a choice to decided if HE wants to
except Jesus or not

after 16 years myself
i finally gave it to GOD
even my BF whom i deeply loved and wanted him to marry me
but GOD had other plans in my life

now i live in Queensland
i am married to a wonderful Christian Man
and i am so glad i finally Gave this to GOD

i was really miserable in my other relatioship
i wanted so badly to help the man i deeplly loved
but i could not

sorry im not good with scriptures
but Jesus said " my thoughts are not your throught
nor my ways your ways "

I hope this helps
GBU
debra , Queensland , au

S

Samme712

Thank you soo much for all the good comments :) i just wanted to say that I have never actually confronted him with the fact that i do follow god but he lives to far away to actually have a relationship with this person and i dont think it would be very serious considering my age.. so ya

Jan 16, 2011
I really like this guy I've known him since I was 12 but I don't know how to tell him about god. I really don't want to lose him but at the same time I know he is capable of being a Christian I just don't know how to presume hit to him without making him feel squished or put on the spot, please help?
Hi Samme,

Well, for starters, it's a no-brainer.
Don't push it.

- Jaynee

P

peachetty

just be like heyyy look at that plant over there! isnt that AMAZING!! God made that, he made all the little cells in it, he gave it the ability to grow and be alive! did you know he cares about what happends to it? did you know God cares about you????? the same God that made this world sent his son to earth to save us all from the evil works of the devil...the devil is like the type of person that wants to step on that plant over there. yup... then like share your story about how you met God and like that withought God when you die (or he comes back) something really bads gonna happen to him... focose on Gods love for him and how God is for him. make sure you mention that like it doenst matter how good you are if you dont have God your going to die. :) Good luck!