is there such a thing as a white lie?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chinaeyes

actually, this is not a question but more of just because i wanted to share what i feel about the subject. and at the same time i wanted to know what you guys think :D

i used to believe that it's okay to lie as long as you did it for the "right" reason. for example, if you lied thinking that's the only way you could protect someone from being hurt...

and GOD proved me wrong... a lie is a lie... yes, it could have protected you in some way... but only temporarily...

sin will always be sin whether if you did it for the "right" or "wrong" motives... and the consequences of sin will hunt you... maybe not now but later on... just to make you realize how big a sin lie is.... and to make you repent and go back to the right way with Jesus... :D

A

asamanthinketh

I agree, but from my experience, listening to the wrong persons, they tell you to repent, and you expect yourself and others and the situation to change, but it doesn't.

And you realize it was all just a lie, they didn't care.

And that others are so nosy as to intrude and to give something I did not ask for.

It hurts when the love you have invested and the faith you have given amounts to nothing.

It hurts when because of what humans have done to you, that your life may be shortened or altered from what God intended.

Ina

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
A lie is a lie. Any sort of mistruth is a lie big or small.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Yes. As a general encompassing remark, anything other than Truth is a lie. In the very nature of Truth, it can be nothing else but true; therefore, if something is not truth...it is a lie. The lack of information, added information, or anything else you could think of doing to change the truth has the probability of turning it into a lie.

Also, (quick p.s.), facts by nature as facts are true, but truth and fact are not the same thing.