is watching funny videos that have swearing and blood bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Emz1066

hello i watched some videos my friend showed me on youtube where a guy was playing a horror game and he filmed his comments and reactions and it was very very very funny and the other one had blood in it it was where a man was cycling and if he falls he gets hurt but the comments where halliorious <<<<< i never laughed so much my cheeks hurt from laughing , is it wrong to watch this ? i dont let it have influence on me it just makes me laugh , i dont love god less or anything like that it just simply makes me laugh , i dont laugh because the guy got hurt its just the comments he says? is this wrong ??

Maholy

Sep 5, 2012
Still your mind.. think about what is so funny and you will know.. as long as you dont loose yourself or make the slightest change.. yes you will be forgiven but is it worth it?

I think people should be very conciouss about what they take into their minds and what you choose to laugh at because its always a choice..

And im new by the way so hello all :D

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think as long as it doesn't influence your mid your good:) If you see yourself swearing and thinking a lot about that stuff you might want to go read the bible

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
when I was in college, I became aware of the verse about what we allow in our mind actually mattering (Romans 12:2). now i listened a great to rock back then. long drives drives from Fort Collins to Creede made for many hours of music listening - and I thought about this verse.....

so i contrived a test: i set aside six months with no rock music (at all!) and only listened to Christian talk radio.

first, i have to admit addiction withdrawals from rock right off the bat! and utter boredom with Christian radio. but with some work, I was able to find shows which were solid teaching and concentrated on those for my listening or recording and playing back later on my drives. (like Thru The Bible, Charles Stanley, Adrian Rodgers, etc)

by the end of the six months, I noticed some interesting changes: i was now very critical of the words to songs I enjoyed, i knew a great deal more about the Bible and Christian life, and I suddenly found I was knowing answers to people's questions. unbelievably, i also found that i would drive slower so that i would not arrive home too soon. go figure.

yes, i too enjoy the mayhem on youtube but find myself put off by the swearing and risque or outright rude nature of some of it.

if you consider this life to be your learning and trial ground for the rest of your life - in Heaven or in His service, then yeah, what you are allowing in your mind does matter from both an Earthly and Heavenly sense.

Meditate on Romans 12:2 and wonder where God could be leading you if your mind was to be His.....

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Actually chip i agree with you as well this may contradict what i said before but when i read you post it made me realize something. when i became a christain I still loved things like family guy but i also wanted to listen to christian music. so for the whole three months i have been saved i constantly listen to it and i admit i sometimes watch american dad and such but the music has really changed me and increases my faith in god at least once a day for most days at least some days i can never connect with god but i always know it will pass

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
happy wheels is hilarious

L

LouiseDritz

Trust me, swearing can effect you greatly, I was around a lot of swearing, and I swore a whole lot after that, I don't now, by Gods grace. But being around swearing can effect you. And usually it will. I agree with everything that Chip said, as well. Swearing is bringing Gods name to the ground like it's nothing, it's bad, I'm telling you.

E

Emz1066

ah yeah i think your all right i wont watch it although i will miss it , is there any funny christian shows that are around then ?