IS WATCHING ON LINE CHURCH ACCEPTABLE EVER???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OFM

IS WATCHING:a CHURCH SERVICE on line acceptable too you some people do it cause its easy too do too easy i think and believe.

O

OFM

if i am sick or not feeling very well then yes i will watch a christian service on line respectfully and reverently,but if we are not sick and have a way too get to church on Sundays then we should make every effort to to so too Honor and Worship Our Lord Christ Jesus AllWaYs.....read HEBREWS 10:25.

S

shirley

WHEN IM SICK TOO THEN I WOULD SAY ITS OK ; BUT ID RATHER GO TO CHURCH AND WORSHIP GOD ; AND NOT MISS OUT ON FELLOWSHIP MEETING NEW PEOPLE AND BEING FED THE WORD OF GOD ITS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND I GROW SPRITUALLY WTH EACH SERVICE I ATTEND

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
I think it's okay if you are sick or whatever your reasons are but if possible go to church by all means.

Dec 19, 2009
IS WATCHING:a CHURCH SERVICE on line acceptable too you some people do it cause its easy too do too easy i think and believe.
I don't think watching a service online or on TV is a substitute for going to church.

O

OFM

i myself agree with all of you.

D

DavidFord

Can I make an opinion on this? And Im not really sure HOW to say it. I honestly dont think that it matters WHERE you praise, and love God. Ive spent an awful lot of my life, being confused by what people tell me about God, and what God says. I dont know of how much of anything I understand. If that made sense LOL. Lets put it this way. Everyone keeps saying you have to do this, in order for God to love you, or you have to do that, or God wont forgive you. In regards to 'Church' I think this place is in your heart, and not an address. As long as god is in your heart, and you remember him at all times, well,,,isnt that church too?

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
it's okay to watch church online, tv how ever you choose , after all we are supposed to be worshiping God and you can worship Him everywhere. whether you are sick or not , going to church does not save you, you are going there for fellowship, and not going to church just to be able to say that you go, this is a subject that used to really tick me off with other Christians because it seems like the Christians that do go to church think that they have some kind of superior level on those who don't go to church which leads to judging . so whether you go or not it's between you and God . as long as God approves that's all that matters

the most important thing is not making sure that you go to church but making sure that you are saved

F

Foxxtale

why shouldn't it be acceptable to attend an online service? isn't the same gospel being taught? Isn't the same God being praised? If not, there are other, far more serious issues than the fact that it is online. I see nothing wrong in watching online services... however, they tend to be lacking in one important area - fellowship.

If ALL you do is online services without having some sort of fellowship, you are certainly missing out on some valuable growth opportunities, but in either case, there is nothing at any physical church that will save you: God exists everywhere and His son died for us no matter what your church going habits are.

that said, Is attending a physical church (assuming you are capable of doing so) useful? of course it is.
(taken from "Why is church attendance important?") The Bible tells us we need to attend church so we can worship God with other believers and be taught His Word for our spiritual growth (Acts 2:42; Hebrews 10:25). Church is the place where believers can love one another (1 John 4:12), encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13), “spur” one another (Hebrews 10:24), serve one another (Galatians 5:13), instruct one another (Romans 15:14), honor one another (Romans 12:10), and be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32).
notice how much of that is based on our relationships with one another? Church isn't just a place for us to focus on ourselves. It is a place where we can learn to focus on others, where we can learn what it is to be part of a community of true believers (ideally), and where we can learn how to peacefully coexist with others that are so annoyingly human. There is far more to church than just a sermon and songs.

O

OFM

i agree we can worship God anywhere but its best if we are able to attend church too do so.
see Hebrews 10;25.