Isaiah Ch. 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Least

Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isaiah 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

The first part of Isaiah Ch. 2 Speaks for itself. I've heard some say that this has "already taken place," yet the result of God's house being established in the top of the mountains and exalted above the hills, and nations flowing to it, hasn't happened, neither has there been an and to war.

Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Psalms 24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

I believe that this generation is right now. This is the generation of them that seek the face of the LORD, His truth and His instruction. But not all are seeking His face. As the chapter goes on to say.

Isaiah 2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

Vs. 6 reminds me of the things that are happening in some of the churches today. Some of are taking the beliefs from the east and mixing it into the truth of God’s word. It’s not difficult to look to see what is said in this verse as it’s been shown even in the news. Some have even shared videos here on the forums where eastern beliefs such as Hinduism and others have made their way into some churches. When God brought the Hebrew people into Israel, He told them not to learn the ways of the nations around them, or follow their gods. That applies to all who are HIS.

Isaiah 2:7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:
Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
Isaiah 2:9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.
Isaiah 2:10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
Isaiah 2:11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
Isaiah 2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
Isaiah 2:13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

Isaiah 2:14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
Isaiah 2:15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,
Isaiah 2:16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
Isaiah 2:17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another,
and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

Isaiah 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isaiah 2:20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

Isaiah 2:21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
Isaiah 2:22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?
Isaiah 2:22 HNV
Hebrew Names Version
22 Stop trusting in man, whose breath is in his nostrils; For of what account is he?

We must trust in God and not in man "whose breath is in his nostrils;" For of what account is he?

We as believers must have our trust in God through Christ Jesus.
There are so many passages in the word of God that speak of having our trust in God and not in man.

Jesus is the one who shines the light on HIS truth as HE is the truth and HE promised that those who seek Him will find Him. People say, “The law is written on our hearts,” and that alone causes us to walk in obedience to God.”
Yet Paul instructed that we study to show ourselves approved, and He also spoke of growing in the truth, through the regeneration of the washing of the water of the word from the milk to the meat. This is not instantaneous, we need to study, seek, knock and ask. This instruction that Jesus gave us does not end at the moment that we accept Him into our hearts and truly believe.

We can not walk in the truth if we don’t understand it.

The only way to have His law written on our hearts and our minds is to study prayerfully, and have our understanding lit by Christ who teaches us the truth.

That can’t happen by just hearing what others say on any subject and believing it. That is trusting in man.

Jesus also said, "the words that I speak, they are spirit and they are life."

For many, half of God's word is either ignored or picked apart and even sometimes bits of it are taken and used to balance mens doctrines on flimsy foundations. God's foundation is true and sure, steady and set in place. At it starts right from the beginning.

Houses built upon the sand will not be able to stand when the storms come. We won’t be able to answer that “a preacher told me this or that” We definitely won’t be able to stand on our own understanding...What God is looking for is people who will worship HIM in spirit and in truth.

Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Jesus said that if we continue in HIS word, we are His disciples indeed and we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free. Real faith, real belief is rooted in God's word.

Most of what is called the "church" today reminds me of this passage.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Men are busy making disciples unto themselves and their doctrines rather than teaching men to follow after Christ.

Jesus Himself promised to teach us. Who has faith in that today?

Do we believe HIM?

Psalms 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Do we tell others that Jesus is the ultimate teacher and that we should trust in HIM to lead us and guide us?

Psalms 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
Psalms 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Do most believers fear and honor the Lord?

Psalms 25:12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus.

This theme doesn't begin in the old testament and end in the new, but It's a continuous throughout the word of God.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.