Isn't it great these days, we can have....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

...all these milks. I LOVED soy 'Silk' milk, until I heard recently it's not as good for you as first thought, so, I only LIKE it now. :D But, yeah, the milks are becoming more and more cool, a veritable tasteatopia, like almond,yuMm, and, just now tried flax milk, surprisingly, it,,'s GOOD and good for you too, well, for until food DA says different, but, yeah, i don't like taking Omega3 pills and a serving of this milk does the same good ! And, isn't our God great for people not liking fish or milk to get their omegas, they can get it from a (flax) seed :)

But, yeah, isn't that great? What's great to you? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perk

We live in an interesting time. Over the last century there has really been a mass dispersion of races across the globe. This is unique for many reasons, but in particular the foods we eat are so different than that of our ancestors. It seems really good eh? We can choose between goat milk and soy milk and almond milk, etc.! Diversity is good isn't it? Maybe with food, diversity may not be the best thing ever. Hear me out. Over the last several thousands of years, our ancestors were mainly confined to one small area of the world. Whether you are Armenian like myself, German, Native American, African, etc. your ancestors stayed in pretty much one geographic area of the world. This means that their genome adapted over centuries, millennia, etc. to digest certain types of food. For instance, as an Armenian, my ancestors ate mostly lamb, olives, goat cheeses, etc. A person of German ancestry may have had ancestors that ate mostly fatty meats such as sausage, etc. Someone with ancestors in Norway, Finland, etc. may have ancestors that ate mostly fish. The point is, our digestive systems have adapted over many many years to work better on certain foods.

My hypothesis is that many of the autoimmune type diseases we see today that elevate IgE levels such as Celiac's disease, Crohns, Colitis, etc. may be due to the diversity of diets that mankind has today. I dare you to try an experiment. For the next several months, prepare foods such as your ancestors would. If you are a mixed breed, try to figure out what you are most of and confine your diet to foods from that particular nationality. You may just find that by eating what your ancestors ate, you may feel healthier in a relatively short period of time. And as always, consult your physician before making any radical lifestyle changes :)

P.S. GreenNnice, I kind of changed topics on your thread, but it really got me thinking lol ;)

G

GreenNnice

We live in an interesting time. Over the last century there has really been a mass dispersion of races across the globe. This is unique for many reasons, but in particular the foods we eat are so different than that of our ancestors. It seems really good eh? We can choose between goat milk and soy milk and almond milk, etc.! Diversity is good isn't it? Maybe with food, diversity may not be the best thing ever. Hear me out. Over the last several thousands of years, our ancestors were mainly confined to one small area of the world. Whether you are Armenian like myself, German, Native American, African, etc. your ancestors stayed in pretty much one geographic area of the world. This means that their genome adapted over centuries, millennia, etc. to digest certain types of food. For instance, as an Armenian, my ancestors ate mostly lamb, olives, goat cheeses, etc. A person of German ancestry may have had ancestors that ate mostly fatty meats such as sausage, etc. Someone with ancestors in Norway, Finland, etc. may have ancestors that ate mostly fish. The point is, our digestive systems have adapted over many many years to work better on certain foods.

My hypothesis is that many of the autoimmune type diseases we see today that elevate IgE levels such as Celiac's disease, Crohns, Colitis, etc. may be due to the diversity of diets that mankind has today. I dare you to try an experiment. For the next several months, prepare foods such as your ancestors would. If you are a mixed breed, try to figure out what you are most of and confine your diet to foods from that particular nationality. You may just find that by eating what your ancestors ate, you may feel healthier in a relatively short period of time. And as always, consult your physician before making any radical lifestyle changes :)

P.S. GreenNnice, I kind of changed topics on your thread, but it really got me thinking lol ;)
Oh, that's fine, just a thread to make people appreciate things, and, good said stuff, perkvine, I've heard that too, so, guess there is more truth to 'you are what you eat' than meets the mind on first thought .

These days, the word 'natural' is a meaningless word in the health lingo while 'organic' means you are eating healthy. So, yeah, another thing I thought cool , think cool, rather, is the marriage of fruit seeds, like the 'grapple' i saw in Safeway a while back. It looks like a macibtosh apple but tastes like a grape when you bite into it. I think it is great these days too, that I can practically run my business from my phone.
This computer age is quite cool these days, I feel blessed indeed and I am