Israel Remembers Today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
The whole world has more every-days memorials than this, alone...

:(

K

kaylagrl

The whole world has more every-days memorials than this, alone...

If you mean is full of turmoil and death,I would agree with you.But over 6 million souls should be remembered uniquely and solemnly.

May 3, 2013
My thoughts are also with those who are mourned recently, those who are dying today and frequently.

I think that their mothers, their fathers and family are crying bitterly for those who recently died, not as a bulk, but everyday.

K

kaylagrl

My thoughts are also with those who are mourned recently, those who are dying today and frequently.

I think that their mothers, their fathers and family are crying bitterly for those who recently died, not as a bulk, but everyday.

Yes I am sure that they are.Christians have been murdered by ISIS at an alarming rate. The same as the Nazis no one is stopping it unfortunately.It seems we are as blind now as then.

May 3, 2013
He, that Almighty God we´ve believed will stop them (as well as those who see that "blindly")

May 3, 2013
Act 1:8 But the Holy Spirit will come upon you and give you power. Then you will tell everyone about me in Jerusalem, in all Judea, in Samaria, and everywhere in the world."

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

By analogy, "witnesses" is being martyrs.

Rev 6:10 These souls shouted in a loud voice, "Holy and true Lord, how long until you judge the people of the earth and punish them for killing us?"
Rev 6:11 Then each one of them was given a white robe. They were told to wait a short time longer. There were still some of their brothers and sisters in the service of Christ who must be killed as they were. These souls were told to wait until all the killing was finished.

V

Viligant_Warrior

He, that Almighty God we´ve believed will stop them (as well as those who see that "blindly")
He'll stop them in His time, not ours. We may not like His timing, but it is for His purpose.

Last edited:
V

Viligant_Warrior

Oh, and by the way ...

By analogy, "witnesses" is being martyrs.
Nonsense. There is no way the Greek martuß (martus) can be made to read "martyrs," even if it does resemble that English word when transliterated.

V

VioletReigns

Oh, and by the way ...

Nonsense. There is no way the Greek martuß (martus) can be made to read "martyrs," even if it does resemble that English word when transliterated.
Well, actually Jesus said, "Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit." So in effect, we are called to be martyrs. We were called to become dead to the flesh because our flesh was crucified with Christ Jesus. Witness could very well mean that; surrendering your carnal life and living a spiritual life in Christ Jesus.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Well, actually Jesus said, "Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit." So in effect, we are called to be martyrs.
He was speaking of His own death and resurrection as the only effective way to overcome sin and death. It had nothing to do with our own death.

We were called to become dead to the flesh because our flesh was crucified with Christ Jesus. Witness could very well mean that; surrendering your carnal life and living a spiritual life in Christ Jesus.
Well, it's a thought. I'll have to ruminate on that for a bit before I decide if I agree.

May 3, 2013
He'll stop them in His time, not ours. We may not like His timing, but it is for His purpose.

you are right!

But I have this thought also: The moment one of those bullets hit my children... Will I stay quite, mute and idle?

The moment I see my family dying... Will I stay the same, simply praying or thanking God for that massive abuse?

His purpose is being done!

His perfect will is being done (agreed on) but, before HE COMES, thousand of men will be fighting in those battlefields, soon or later (and that will be our decision).

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2014
you people(plural,many; maybe not all) missing the boat. read about corrie ten boom, and the believers in nazi prison camps, the ones of faith who had JOY in prison

JUST LIKE THE APOSTLES SINGING PRAISE OUT LOUD IN CHAINS AT MIDNIGHT , chained to rock/stone walls cold and damp and with no human means of getting help.

yes, all the ekklesia, every believer following JESUS, must give up his life, be a living martyr and often also a dying martyr.

whoever seeks to save his own life will lose it (not in JESUS, but apart from HIM).

the ones who try to save their own life, who think it is valuable enough to save, are lost.

Last edited:
V

VioletReigns

He was speaking of His own death and resurrection as the only effective way to overcome sin and death. It had nothing to do with our own death.

Well, it's a thought. I'll have to ruminate on that for a bit before I decide if I agree.

Thank you for your graciousness toward me, Brother. :)

K

kaylagrl

From Franklin Graham ...Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day, set aside for the world to never forget the 6 million Jews who were slaughtered by the Nazis. Could the holocaust be repeated? I'm afraid so. Anti-Semitism is at the highest levels since the late 1930’s. This is coming from the influx of Muslim immigrants to Europe, the United States, and other Western countries over the past few decades, and they are bringing their hatred of Jews--and Christians--with them. This is a poison. Muslims have been on TV in Europe spouting “Hitler should have finished the job!” Have we learned anything from history?