It could have been different

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bryancampbell

Ship in the night, set sail away
After the sun left the gloom of day.
For I say,
"Where is your captain, there is no signal?"
Then a reply from the radio,
"The storm destroyed him and his vessel"

As I stand in the eye of the storm,
I give my peace,
As I remember our beginning
This tension between us is released.

Oh foolish man was I,
Held up by foolish pride,
Is this what it took to stop a cancerous divide?
Now what's left, leaves this man alive.
Oh Lord, change this stone to love divine.

As I visit his decaying bed
I said,
"Please pardon me"
But he was already dead.
Must I really pour my bleeding colors to deepest ocean?
Reaching as far as Sheol, of which I have no comprehension?

Like ships in the night
We kept passing each other by,
Trying to figure out who was right
We were like ships in the night,
Trying to find our light.

B

Bryancampbell

Meaning: About two old friends who lived their lives blinded by hate against each other, competing who is better. Until they got older, one of them died while they were in their "storm", that started after the "sun" left their friendship in their earlier years. As this man realizes they were just friends trying to find eachother back (trying to find our light). It was too late. This man here gives up the tension after losing his fellow "captain", that his family announced after his death. He mourns his emotions (pour my bleeding colors) in his heart for his friend. But the man now regrets their division that never found a cure.

Sep 30, 2013
Skillful writing never has to explain itself...

J

Jomar01

Pride is like darkness that blinds us so that we can’t distinguish what is truly important in our lives. Thanks for sharing.