It hurts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BishopSEH

This will be a bit of a new experience for me. While I am completely comfortable hearing the trials of others and giving counsel I am really, really out of practice sharing the trials I face in my own life. Sometimes I get the feeling that many believe the clergy don't suffer like normal people. We do but many, like myself, are hard pressed to show that we can indeed be hurt.

Recently, I had the duty of going to court against a member of my own family. It does not matter that I was given a subpeana and compelled to appear. The very fact that I was there, standing against some silly notion of "blood" of which we only share one common parent and the other parent is/was an abuser of his step-children. Sadly, this generational curse was the reason I was compelled in the first place.

There is one fundamental difference between me and them, Jesus. While they hold to the blood of Adam, I hold to the blood of Christ. Don't get me wrong, the stuff that feels my body alive is important, but, when something arises where Adam and Jesus are at odds, no matter the consequences, I will side with Jesus.

At to the title, today is Mothers Day and I would normally be calling my mother. Because I obeyed the Law and the Lord I have been "disowned". This year I will not be wishing my mother happy mothers day because she took it upon herself to completely block me out of her life. The part that hurts is she never once asked me why. As the Lord commands of all His children I have forgiven her and those that have followed her lead. But forgiveness does not end the heart pain. Forgiveness does not make you forget.

Even though I will not be able to say it to her this year and perhaps never again and even though she is not a member here nor is she likely to become one I still have to say, Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you.

In Christ,

Her son

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I tell you
[h=3]John 16:33[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]33 [/SUP]These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

H

hattiebod

This is all so very sad...families taking each other to court, committing crimes against one another....but, we do know that this occurs. We never know what is ahead of us in this life, by thanks be to God we do know what's ahead in the next! Praise God! And we can also have faith that God is so much bigger than any mess we make of our lives. He is a restorer, a healer and although you are not speaking to your mother right now, you can pray you will speak to her again soon and wait on the Lord patience and with confidence :) but more importantly, pray she will come to accept Christ. All things are possible, God Bless you. <><

Mar 26, 2013
Hello BishopSEH,

let me cuddle you online. It is so sad that families fall apart because of Jesus. What I recommend is to pray for your mother. Are you a church leader? You should pray for her also in your church community or when visiting members of your church.

Oct 31, 2011
It is amazing how the Lord makes good come from bad things happening when we belong to Him.

I have had family problems since I was 6 months old and sent to live with my Aunt Flava for five years. I have always been apart from all my birth family. At one point, I was allowed to live in my Mom's house only if I stayed in an unfinished attic sleeping on quilts on the floor.

It takes a lot of learning, but you learn that love you give is very satisfying, it doesn't have to be just love you receive. The love that is give and take from the people around us becomes more precious. And the enduring love, the love for eternity, of our Creator is like props all around, holding up and making strong. When we are told to put on the whole armor of God, it becomes something very real to live by.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Thanks for sharing !
I wish you the best, that your mom and the familie learns to understand, why you do as you do.

And I wished, that forgiveness would mean, that the hurt would go away (sadly it only lessens).

You have God, a father in him. A brother and lord in Jesus and a familie in
us, your fellow christians :)

S

SeekingJC

I'll share something with you in PM. Praying for you brother.

J

J-Kay

This will be a bit of a new experience for me. While I am completely comfortable hearing the trials of others and giving counsel I am really, really out of practice sharing the trials I face in my own life. Sometimes I get the feeling that many believe the clergy don't suffer like normal people. We do but many, like myself, are hard pressed to show that we can indeed be hurt.

Recently, I had the duty of going to court against a member of my own family. It does not matter that I was given a subpeana and compelled to appear. The very fact that I was there, standing against some silly notion of "blood" of which we only share one common parent and the other parent is/was an abuser of his step-children. Sadly, this generational curse was the reason I was compelled in the first place.

There is one fundamental difference between me and them, Jesus. While they hold to the blood of Adam, I hold to the blood of Christ. Don't get me wrong, the stuff that feels my body alive is important, but, when something arises where Adam and Jesus are at odds, no matter the consequences, I will side with Jesus.

At to the title, today is Mothers Day and I would normally be calling my mother. Because I obeyed the Law and the Lord I have been "disowned". This year I will not be wishing my mother happy mothers day because she took it upon herself to completely block me out of her life. The part that hurts is she never once asked me why. As the Lord commands of all His children I have forgiven her and those that have followed her lead. But forgiveness does not end the heart pain. Forgiveness does not make you forget.

Even though I will not be able to say it to her this year and perhaps never again and even though she is not a member here nor is she likely to become one I still have to say, Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you.

In Christ,

Her son
[h=3]1 Corinthians 2:9[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Prayers for you ~

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry for your pain :(. It must feel like rejection....and being rejected by a parent is EXTREMELY painful. May God be your mother and father.

Praying that her heart is softened. Not just for your sake but also for her own. She's making herself miserable.

Sometimes doing the right thing causes us pain. Yet, we have to do it. Praying for the Holy Spirit to be your comforter!

W

wit2Christlv

Praying that God will heal your heart and mend the relationship between you and your mother. I believe that God will make something beautiful out of your painful situation. God bless

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Very sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time with your family.

God always blesses us when we do the right thing... but sometimes there's a lot of time, and pain, before it makes any sense. Sometimes it never makes any sense. Sorry to hear you're going through this.

Last edited:
T

tenderhearted

My heart breaks for you. My husband has been rejected by his parents and it's painful, so I get where you're coming from. My husband is a Christian and they are not. We have been hurt numerous times by them over the years and it got to the point where my husband couldn't have a relationship with them anymore. For a long time my husband would bury his feelings inside. Then he became a very discontent person. My husband is actually going to seek a mentor and counselor. I suggest that you pray about getting some counseling for yourself. I know that you're a leader, but great leaders can use a mentor and a Godly person to encourage and pray for them. It's a great thing that you have forgiven your mother. I still think that you should seek support. Don't try to handle this on your own. God loves you. You are so valuable to Him.

B

BishopSEH

Thank you to everyone that posted and that wrote my via email. The Scriptures that were posted are dead on accurate and believe me I was aware of them. Those that shared your pain or the pain of a loved one were especially touching.

To update everyone, I have been now disowned by Mother, Step-Father, Brother (half-brother) and Sister (half-sister). If the rest have joined I have seen no evidence of it yet. Now my sister is adamant that she will never ask Jesus into her life so in all honesty I can no more expect her to act as a believe does than I can expect a bunny to master Karate.

The other three however, profess to be believers. I really and truly do not care that we have different views on how this should have been handled. As followers of Christ I simply expect more than the same behavior that the world exhibits. I do find a real challenge in not hardening my heart towards them. Have found it difficult, but not impossible, to pray for them and the renewing of their faith. This of course is something that the Lord will have to work on in me. The way i look at it is, if the Lord could over come the pain of the crucifiction and could still love us then, with him this too can and shall be overcome.

Again, thank all of you for the support and kindness and my the Lord richly bless us all.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

Oct 31, 2011
It is amazing how God can take something that we don't want, we pray to Him to spare us, something we think is only wrong, and have it lead to good when we are called to be in His family.

I posted, above, how my family related to me, and what pain it caused me. I has also made me into a person who can share with others who have the same pain, and lots of people do.

The other night my dear, dear friend decided it was too much to live with so she was going to commit suicide. She said God would forgive her. She emailed her goodbye. We drove 120 MPH to get to her, but we did. She says that we saved her life, she will never do that again.

Overcoming this pain has been the source of many blessings. I could never have had my God as clearly, or as close as I do except through the healing that His love has meant to me, for instance. I could never have learned so intimately about forgiveness, complete giving it over to God to take care of, unless I had to, and what contentment it has given me!

So sit back, trust God, God will make what you are going through a blessing. And you will have no idea that He is doing that until you look back on how your and their life progresses.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
There are many things in this life that we can't stop, and through the grace of God we can keep from us shutting ourselves out from this world and still reach others, while we still love all regardless, trusting God to send other messages to us and all others to work it all out for God's good.
[h=3]Romans 8:28[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]28 [/SUP]And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Time can work miracles in everyone's hearts. Praying for healing for all of you.

W

Water1944

Hello Bishop, God's blessings on you. It was a blessing to see your post. I do think we forget that clergy need our prayers,love and support, even more as they are always taking care of others, I'm so sorry about the issue with your mom. I pray that God will provide her with any and all understanding, to hopefully lead to healing for you both. What a hard and unfair position you have been put in. I'm sure it's very painful to be out of touch with your mom. May God open her heart soon, May He lead her to want to mend fences with you. I think I also read about other family members, who have walked away from you now as well. I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you and your family, bishop. I pray that hearts open soon and healing follows.God bless you.