It is hard to be a single guy because....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

We are supposed to lead the way in a relationship.

'Course, if we let the Lord lead the stress of this, realism everything worrisome of that fact becomes non-existent. :)
Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his (own) way, but the Lord directs his steps.

Proverbs 20: 24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

Jeremiah 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.

Lets, besides a truism statement to finish the sentence, list some qualifying verse(s) for our 'pick.'

God bless you, Christ bros. Never ever never let God not 100% leac your life because...

...the Lord leads. :)

S

SpaceCowboy

Amen!!!!!!

L

Liz01

We are supposed to lead the way in a relationship.

'Course, if we let the Lord lead the stress of this, realism everything worrisome of that fact becomes non-existent. :)
Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his (own) way, but the Lord directs his steps.

Proverbs 20: 24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

Jeremiah 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.

Lets, besides a truism statement to finish the sentence, list some qualifying verse(s) for our 'pick.'

God bless you, Christ bros. Never ever never let God not 100% leac your life because...

...the Lord leads. :)

Since im christian i have wondered : is for the guys difficult to assume the leadership? according to bible that is what men are supposed to do, so i guess all men have those habilities inside since born, but i wonder if its hard or not to find those habilities........?

G

GreenNnice

Since im christian i have wondered : is for the guys difficult to assume the leadership? according to bible that is what men are supposed to do, so i guess all men have those habilities inside since born, but i wonder if its hard or not to find those habilities........?
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Yes, it is hard for guys to understand that the Lord leads and we are to obey, follow, this has been the case , lizzytheone, ince the creation of man and 'original sin,' when you, I mean when Eve ate the apple :D

All your fault, milady, you decided that Satan knew more than God and that God was lying and you partook of the fruit and, I hope YOU are still with me, milady, gave the fruit to man.....

Now, that might sound like it WAS the lady's fault, she originally sinned first....Au contraire , the guy should have TOOK THE LEAD in that situation. Adam was right NEXT to Eve, the Bible says, as I understand it. The MAN should have took over, communicatec to Eve that God said 'no, all but THAT tree,' as the man KNEW not to eat that fruit from.tree of knowledge of good and evil .

Anyway, yeah, guys can learn a lot from the Adam and Eve story, it was not your fault, milady . Man should have took the lead from the lady so that both's lives would have continued in paradise. :)

()()()=====()()()

Note: Miladies, you can finish the 'guy' sentence tooo if you want :). Please be kind :D

L

Liz01

Greeenn!!! I didnt eat any apple......

sorry for posted here....now i will go to the thread of women :D

C

Crossfire

.... because 99.9% of the single girls I encounter are half my age.

Last edited:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
.... because 99.9% of the single girls I encounter are half my age.
The thing is, I don't see this as a difficulty in being single, I see it as a difficulty in becoming un-single, It does, however, make for an awkward moment when someone young enough to be your daughter starts hitting on you.

Honestly I don't find being single to be difficult. For many years I been content with my singleness, although I would prefer to be married. Yes, I have those times when I miss the companionship that comes with a relationship, there are those experiences that are more special when shared with a special someone, but I would consider that to be a minor inconvenience.

G

GreenNnice

The thing is, I don't see this as a difficulty in being single, I see it as a difficulty in becoming un-single, It does, however, make for an awkward moment when someone young enough to be your daughter starts hitting on you.

Honestly I don't find being single to be difficult. For many years I been content with my singleness, although I would prefer to be married. Yes, I have those times when I miss the companionship that comes with a relationship, there are those experiences that are more special when shared with a special someone, but I would consider that to be a minor inconvenience.
________
I agree, oncefell, I am content with my singleness, I simply see it as God's plan as my life has gone along, and, certainly, their are moments of aloneness, they are fleeting, at worst, and, God has me a beautiful girl (avatar picture) and she is as much fun as can be, we play hide and seek, and, wrestle, and she can fetch , altbough keep-away is more her style. God is good, I am blessed, and, to bring up one of my favorite hymns....

I KNOW whom I have believed, and, am persuaded that He is able to keep me until thst day (keep me walking in His ways). The parenthesis speaks of our enduring, fighting the good fight, as Paul states, but, for me it also refers ro myself being KEPT until my day-if it ever sets on my life-of getting married :)

Wait on Him, the beauty of serving God in singleness and, understanding this life is temporary, and, wholeheartedly desiring God is a good thing, make that a great thing, because, if you are single, it is His will for you now, so.....

presnt yourself (in this season of your life) a living sacrifice, holy, presentable, which is going to be in His perfect will for you, and, yes, this is great service for the upcoming time of LIFE! after death where scripture says there are 'rewards' we get according to what good we do on Earth, and, not only is their rewards for us in Heaven, the Holy Spirit says their is 'inheritance.' :)

When I'm on this topic, I always recommend little book by Bruce Wilkinson, 'A Life God Rewards.' It is short and sweet, yes, oh, yes, trouble not your earthly existence doings, your singleness, be of good cheer. Your treasures are NOT on this planet, it ALL goes away when you die, not saying we should not try to leave a Godly legacy, great or small, for His glory, as, yes, the Lord leads on that. But just remember to store your treasures in Heaven, for only there do we see its 'fruit,,' after we die, forevermore :)

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
Why is it when this sort of question comes up does everyone forget or perhaps ignore Ruth? Why is it always the guy that is expected to make the first move? If a woman see's a man the greatly respect and admire then why shouldn't she approach him? I'm not talking in an inappropriate manner or seductively. Ruth approached Boaz when he wasn't even thinking of marriage, not to mention the other numerous woman of the bible who led. Shall we mention Ester? She led her people through a tough time even if they didn't know about it.