It is Soooooooo Hot......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I usually drink 10-12 glasses of water everyday either way. But now adding more gatorade.
I'm usually out in this kind of heat....have been for years. Although forced retirement has changed that for the past two years.

And with the large volume of water we drank every day I knew that I needed at least one Gatorade a day to stay well....because I don't like raw green bell peppers or bananas. I like cantaloupe but didn't usually get any at the grocery store.
These are the fruits and veggies you need in high heat. Fresh Coconut has a lot of potassium as well. But don't have that here very often either.

Sodium usually isn't the problem as it is the potassium. Gatorade has the highest amount of the sports drinks. I think they taste nasty....but I like staying well more.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah....up and down is a bit confusing....I probably need to drink more. But I've always had a drinking problem.
Hydrating properly has become almost a mantra in certain comedy shows.

Speaking of which, I saw one recently that I found quite amusing, starring Melissa McCarthy,
who does not always deliver, but certainly did in this show called "
God's Favorite Idiot."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No, not anywhere according to sites I checked in looking into this "phenomena."

It's just a saying, after all ;)
You can find anything you want to believe on google.

Take it up with the boys who cooked an egg. If they're still alive... He was a grown man when he talked about it. He might be dead by now.

Take it up with Arizona. It gets much too hot out there. Somebody needs to take up the matter with that state.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You can find anything you want to believe on google.

Take it up with the boys who cooked an egg. If they're still alive... He was a grown man when he talked about it. He might be dead by now.

Take it up with Arizona. It gets much too hot out there. Somebody needs to take up the matter with that state.
What? A rock is not a sidewalk. And a sidewalk is not a rock.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I don't know why but every time I do car work on my truck I'm reminded about the guy who changes his own oil while drinking too many beers.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I up until 3 years ago really never had an a/c going all day. But have been working cleaning at 2 forge plants. The worse day so far got up to 130 in there. If it's 90+ it 120 at least. I pray you get your's fixed or a new one. Last night was my split swing shift, I just wanted to pass out and be done.
That sounds horrible.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
we are in a stage 1 drought in north georgia ( u s).

this afternoon, i was doing some cleaning outside, tossing damp paper towels on the ground, to gather up and throw away when i finished what i was doing.
when i got done and went to pick them up, they had ants on them.

the ants smelled the water and came to the damp towels.

first time i have ever seen this , ever.

hot and dry for us.
Same in NE Tennessee. No rain. Grass is dead. Vegetable garden is a bust.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Well, I literally work inside of a refrigerator all day long, so I'm good.

That said, I HATE HOT WEATHER!!!

Just have to make it through July and August...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It has been very hot here in Spain also,, but not so bad is in the US.

Back to that egg. As a very young child I saw an egg cook on the asphalt of the street once in Long Beach, California. I do not know if this counts in the comparisons above.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Hot weather..here
High 90F..today
---
Mid-Atlantic.

J

joecoten

It is 80.6F in my town...with a gentle breeze. Perfect. A cup of coffee with my guitar, out on the porch...sounds good!