It never seems to stop

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kristin325

Has Anyone eveer been in the ministry so long that it just seems somewhere along the way you lost your faith. Not like oh you don't believe god is real but like everything has just gotten to hard and you wonder where is god??
Please tell me i'm not the only one..everything has just seemed so hard lately..for so long i have always known god is here and have never doubted it..but now im just not sure..

S

Saint

i completely understand what you are going through, and still sometimes get the feeling that God has given up. But trust me, He hasn't. and whatever you're going through, He'll get you out. and i know it's hard to understand, very few people do, and you're one of the few brave people who are able to admit that something is wrong. and believe me, it happens to more Christians than you might think. My best friend had a similar problem a few weeks ago, i've had this problem more than once, and even Jesus Himself asked, ""My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" I'll be praying for you, and if you have any questions or need some advise, there are thousands of people on this site willing to help you out, me included.

K

kristin325

thank you saint I really needed that..I have just been in the ministry too long to many dissapointments..ughh...Its just that noww its been so much harder..I know hes there i just need to feel him again.. i know hes listening but hes not responding..and thank you for looking at this I feel like im not alonee

S

Saint

of course, i'm glad you feel a little better

P

portert100

Wow. A couple of months back I was feeling like ministry was getting real hard too!

It's something that, when I came out the other side, made me a better person, helped me see how much I really do apprciate God's presence. It was a wilderness God took me through, and at the end of it all, I was leaning on God more than ever. It was a season.

I think its the same for you. As you keep a grasp of God during this time of doubt, your faith will be stretched, and you'll grow for sure :] Some things in God are like vegetables- taste really yucky, but they're good for you :p

T

Theron

Has Anyone eveer been in the ministry so long that it just seems somewhere along the way you lost your faith. Not like oh you don't believe god is real but like everything has just gotten to hard and you wonder where is god??
Please tell me i'm not the only one..everything has just seemed so hard lately..for so long i have always known god is here and have never doubted it..but now im just not sure..

i know how you feel i feel the same way, but God is only seemeing to be with me at certain times, maybe im too busy to hear him or, he just isnt speaking at the moment, but i know he hasnt given up on anyone of us thats noit like him

May 21, 2009
If anyone was to tell you they never felt weak then that wouldn't be true. We all get weak at times. There are times you just have to remind yourself about God and how wonderful he is. Get your happy worship music to lift your soul. Its your job as long as you live to not let yourself stay in that gloom place. The miry clay place drowning.

God will never leave you not ever. Sometimes there are times we must wait on God. Waiting for a break through to come. Or times we just have to be still while God is doing what he needs to do. While we wait we are to be at peace. We are not to be running around being all sad.

Read the PLS where it talks about God fighting the enemy. That helps me.

God bless you very much.

Lord you see you child. Lord you told me the other day when I was being upset with the dramas going on around me, have peace child. You said focus on God and his powers and don't focus on the bad that there is fore Gods powers are more powerful than any problems on this earth.

Put a big smile on your face and go forward.

In Jesus!

You will not be defeated!!!

K

kristin325

Wow. A couple of months back I was feeling like ministry was getting real hard too!

It's something that, when I came out the other side, made me a better person, helped me see how much I really do apprciate God's presence. It was a wilderness God took me through, and at the end of it all, I was leaning on God more than ever. It was a season.

I think its the same for you. As you keep a grasp of God during this time of doubt, your faith will be stretched, and you'll grow for sure :] Some things in God are like vegetables- taste really yucky, but they're good for you :p

you know you have just confirmed something for me that Ive been trying to figure out for a while now.
I have really been praying hard these couple of days..and you know for the first time in a while I felt like everything was going to be okay in the end....and the whole veggie thing lol..that is so true.I think all he wants us to do is give our entire heart to him and complete trust....thats what hes been trying to show me this entire time. gosh im so tired,but i believe he'll get me through this...:)

thank you alot!

A

ABeliever

My thoughts:
A plant in the wrong conditions or not getting what it needs to survive won't do well. Maybe something needs to change? Or the bible says that God prunes people he loves so they bear more fruit so, maybe you're going through a pruning.
God bless.

Afterthought about the pruning thing: I heard something similar to that sometime which may explain a hard time but it also means it will get better.

P

portert100

you know you have just confirmed something for me that Ive been trying to figure out for a while now.
I have really been praying hard these couple of days..and you know for the first time in a while I felt like everything was going to be okay in the end....and the whole veggie thing lol..that is so true.I think all he wants us to do is give our entire heart to him and complete trust....thats what hes been trying to show me this entire time. gosh im so tired,but i believe he'll get me through this...:)

thank you alot!
haha, no probs! I know I L O V E confirmations from God.

"all he wants us to do is give our entire heart to him and complete trust...."-absolutely...amen to that!

Hmm...I just had an interesting thought: You know, how God takes us through seasons in our life?Well, we can choose to go through them in worry, and fear, and all that drama....or we can go through them with, what I like to call, "coolness" :] meaning that, 'yeah, it's tough, but I know God's got everything under control....I'm cool with that!' *keyword: cool* :p

... so anyway...seasons in life are inevitable-just like a thunderstorm. How we go about it is a choice.

You can fear the thunderstorm. Or you can learn to dance in the rain :]

Bless you a million!...I know you're gonna be just super!