It's not your fault Stephanie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I keep telling myself that but I don't believe it. I'm moving out, my mom is weepy and has been continually angry at my father and doesn't want me to go so far away. To flagstaff. The same state. Like a four hour drive.

This is is hard and I can't help but continually blame myself. I'm pretty sure God slammed this door right open and I'm supposed to go, it's just ...gah.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Plus at work it has been a very not fun day full of mistakes, unintentionally difficult customers, and lots of orders of stuff

Feb 21, 2012
Congrats on your new abode. Nothing to feel bad about. Your parents can't keep you forever.

W

wwjd_kilden

The first time I moved from home it was about a 9hr drive from my parents

- Enjoy having some space to yourself , and don't feel bad about it :)

J

JeniBean

It's the empty nest thought and worrisome if it's right. They will be okay. Be happy!! Enjoy and know they love you!!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Things seems to may be getting ok, not sure. Went to work, not a good day... rather it was tough. I kinda broke down a little in the bathroom. But I just have to keep on trucking I guess

X

Xeano321

To flagstaff. The same state.
Well well, a citizen of my own state! Already seen two others on this site. Fascinating is what it is, fascinating.

Why did you move? Job opportunity perhaps?

I wouldn't be super worried. Parents are all relatively the same. My Mom cried for like twenty minutes when my sister moved away. Then she made over the empty room as her workout room. Now she's happy. Stay strong, the emotions will subside and a thrill of living on your own will overtake it... So I've been told. I'm still with my parents XD.

T

Tintin

Well well, a citizen of my own state! Already seen two others on this site. Fascinating is what it is, fascinating.

I wouldn't be super worried. Parents are all relatively the same. My Mom cried for like twenty minutes when my sister moved away. Then she made over the empty room as her workout room. Now she's happy. Stay strong, the emotions will subside and a thrill of living on your own will overtake it... So I've been told. I'm still with my parents XD.
Yes, she received a job at the Grand Canyon.

Sorry to here that it's been tough, Steph. I'll be praying for you and your situation.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona

yup mom has been weepy for like a week... Yeah I'm gonna be working in the gift shops at the Grand Canyon. :)

D

Depleted

I keep telling myself that but I don't believe it. I'm moving out, my mom is weepy and has been continually angry at my father and doesn't want me to go so far away. To flagstaff. The same state. Like a four hour drive.

This is is hard and I can't help but continually blame myself. I'm pretty sure God slammed this door right open and I'm supposed to go, it's just ...gah.
It is, in part, your fault, but that's a good thing. You grew up and you've chosen to move on with your life, just like you're supposed to do when you grow up.

Your parents are a mess because you grew up and are now moving out on your own. They see you as that infant they brought home. They see you as that toddler who just took a step and fell. They see you as the little girl going to school for the first time. They see you showing off your newfound math and reading skills. They see you as the frustrated teen who will never ever ever be popular/never ever ever have a boyfriend/never ever ever will feel better after the boyfriend broke your heart. They see you as the young lady getting her driver's license/first car/first job. AND they see all of that at one time. You ARE their baby. They always planned on you being independent enough to go off on your own someday, but no parent knows how to deal with that someday being today. It's just too soon. If you were 60, it's just too soon.

It is your fault. You did what you're supposed to do when you were supposed to do it.

It's their fault. They taught you enough to get you to do this.

Don't overreact to parents overreacting. Their baby bird just left the nest. They have all rights to freak, just as you have all rights to freak. This is the neverending story of mankind. It is what it is supposed to be. So fault yourself. It's a very good fault to have. :)

D

Depleted

Plus at work it has been a very not fun day full of mistakes, unintentionally difficult customers, and lots of orders of stuff
Rule of thumb: It take about five weeks to learn a new job ad get down to just the number of mistakes that is customary for someone to have in that job. Before that five weeks, you're supposed to make one mistake after another. You're a bit freaky if you don't. lol

And during those five weeks you'll make less and less mistakes. And after five weeks, you'll still make a mistake every so often. This too is how a new job works.

Granted, I tended to cry -- a lot -- at night for the first one to two weeks from the stress, but I did that often enough because I had many jobs over the years. (Somewhere between the second and third week I started noticing I wasn't making just-mistakes. I was getting some stuff right. And then I got better and better.) It happens. It's supposed to happen. You're still doing what your supposed to do!

D

Depleted

Things seems to may be getting ok, not sure. Went to work, not a good day... rather it was tough. I kinda broke down a little in the bathroom. But I just have to keep on trucking I guess
Ah man! I so kept hoping I'd make it home before I bursted into tears. Sometimes I made it only to the bathroom. Sometimes didn't even make that. That happens too, but my good-cries were always at home. lol

M

mrdesire

Only you know what's right for you and God will go out before you as well so you'll meet up your destiny.