It's OK to Hate... some things.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Elijah19

Romans 12:9 - Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Proverbs 6:16-19 - There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Psalm 11: 5 - The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.

Just a few verses to remind you... yes it is OK to hate, if you hate the right things. God hates sin, and we are commanded to to the same. No you shouldn't go hating people, but yes you should definitely hate sin and evil. Remember, God is the original creator of all emotions, not just love and joy and peace, but also anger and jealousy and hatred as well. The Bible tells us that God is angry and judgmental towards sin (Romans 1:18), jealous after our hearts (Deuteronomy 5:9), and (as above) can and does hate certain things. Jesus hated the sin of money changers in the temple and got angry to the point of forming a whip of chords and going on a rampage with it in the temple courts (John 2:13-25)! Since we are called to be like Him (Ephesians 5:1), certain circumstances will call for us to possess a true Godly Hatred. Just remember to distinguish Holy Hatred from the more common type from Satan.

If you love everything, you love Satan too. That's a fallacy, and a deadly one at that. If you do not believe Christians can hate certain things but must love all, answer me this: Should we love Satan and his ways, or hate him/them? You cannot do neither, and can only do one of the two. But you must choose.

Sep 4, 2012
No domestic slave is able to serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and will despise the other. You are not able to serve God and money.” Luke 16:13

Feb 7, 2015
Unfortunately, we seldom simply hate sin, we often act like we hate the person caught in sin.

R

RobbyEarl

Most churches today have no hate for sin in fact they embrace it. Far and few is a man of God that preaches against sin for the congregation will not hear it. They say it's okay sin as much as you want to for God is love. Unfortunately they will be as those who payed the flute and danced for Him and He will say depart from Me for I never knew you

Feb 11, 2016
Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil:
pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth
, do I hate.

Heres another

Feb 7, 2015
Most churches today have no hate for sin in fact they embrace it. Far and few is a man of God that preaches against sin for the congregation will not hear it. They say it's okay sin as much as you want to for God is love. Unfortunately they will be as those who payed the flute and danced for Him and He will say depart from Me for I never knew you
Can you give us the names and addresses of the churches you sat in, and listened to this being said? It's important that you let us know.