Ive always liked this scripture....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have always liked this scripture, mostly because it explains alot about how Paul witnessed, and helps one understand better why he did as he did .

All things to all men
1 cor.9: 19-23

19* Although I am not bound to anyone, I made myself the slave of all so as to win over as many as possible.
20* I became like a jew to the jews in order to win the jews. To those bound by the law I became like the one who is bound ( although in fact I am not bound by it) that I might win those bound by the law.
21* To those not subject to the law I became like one not subject to it (not that I am free from the law of God, for I am subject to the law of Christ), that I might win those not subject to the law.
22* To the weak I became a weak person with a view winning the weak. I have made myself all things to all men in order to save at least some of them.
23* In fact, I do all that I do for the sake of the gosple in the hope of having a share in its blessings.

This scripture continiues to verse 26, for those who would like to read it in entirety.

Is this scripture showing us that to witness in and through many things is good, as long as all is for the gospel, and correct in word?

But some might see such as being deceptive, although I dont see it here. :)

Or is it speaking to our being called to be all things, so as the hearer, will be comforted, and willingly hear the gospel ?

Thankyou for your thoughts and interpitations shared on this. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I thought I'd add, when one takes this scripture into account when reading Paul's letters, one can see more clearly the basis of His many letters.

God bless
pickles

A

Abiding

I think he just means to stand in there shoes and not be weird
For instance im councelling a woman addicted to cybersex
so as you see we ought not to take him too literall but to
look for the intent...be a friend

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I think he just means to stand in there shoes and not be weird
For instance im councelling a woman addicted to cybersex
so as you see we ought not to take him too literall but to
look for the intent...be a friend
I agree, as Paul never spoke to being in any sin here. :) brrrrrrr scary thought there. :eek:

Agreed,I believe Paul is speaking to being compassionate in faith, rather than being something he isnt.
Like you said, wearing the shoes of the one witnessed to. :)

God bless
pickles

May 2, 2011
To effect the rescue of a potential drowning victim or sinking ship, one needs to pull up alongside. In doing so, they risk being pulled under themselves. Training for such a rescue squad is long and deep and intense and requires understanding and discipline. For those new to the squad -- just toss 'em a lifeline and floatation device .... after you do ... teach them to swim and avoid dangerous situations ...

I

Indubitably

After over 20 years of ministry, the one major thing I have learned is, I cannot minister to any one person the way I do to another. Every set of circumstances, people's knowledge, life experiences and background are all different. To be effective for the Lord, I have to take all these thngs into consideration when and as I minister to or witness to someone.

There's no pretense in my presentation. But there is caution for what I say and even for inflection in my voice so as not to offend or drive people away suddenly. I truly believe this is being all things to all men.

A

Ariel82

I always thought it told us not to be concerned with outward appearances and ceremony but to look at the inward Spirit that unites all of God's people. To share the message of Christ without wondering if you are dressed right or arguing about things that are not important like how long to wear your hair or what day to meet and worship or if you should worship every day. A lot has to do with the traditions of men and not with what God wants us to focus on. If you go to different countries you have different ways of eating: with your fingers, at a table with 5 different spoons, buffet style, around a big pot, fondue, etc.

the important part is not how you eat but that you eat together and share with one another because of the love you have for each other. It always told me that its ok to adapt to some of the outward customs and traditions of another country but its vital to keep what is important: the Gospel message pure.

May 2, 2011
Just so as "All things to all men" does not become syncretism or a means to hide ones self in another system ... shape shifting / karma chameleon

J

jkalyna

:) THIS SCRIPTURE IS FULL OF WISDOM.{ IN ORDER TO WIN THEM.} { ALL OUR RIGHTOUSNESS IS AS A FILTY RAG. TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS IN THIS WAY, IS LIKE THE PIECES OF THE PUZZEL, WE LINK TOGETHER, NOT TAKING ON PRIDE AS A BETTER COVER OVER ANOTHER. BEING IN SOMEONES SHOES, IS EMPATHY, BEING AND FEELING ANOTHER'S HEART IS LOVE. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I like your answers . :)
Seems what Paul is saying here is that the witness of Jesus is the goal, that being heard, requires being in the same place as the one who needs to hear. :)

God bless
pickles

Feb 17, 2010
Pickles, God made Paul EXACTLY like HE wanted him. Look what God said to Ananias.... He said Paul is the CHOSEN VESSEL.... Now If God chse a vessel to WORK FOR HIM, what will be IN that vessel, and who is the controler of that vessel? GOD IS THE CAPTAIN OF THAT VESSEL AND THE VESSEL IS FILLED WITH GOD'S GOODS.

Ships are called vessels, and a ship goes where the Captain steers it, and it carries what the Captain commanded to be loaded. Paul was the vessel to carry the GOSPEL, loaded by GOD, and the vessel was steered by the Captian: God! So EVERY breath Paul took was God's doing, Every action Paul did was God's doing, and EVERY WORD Paul spoke was God's doing or words!

Jesus had to know what to say to whom. Jesus spoke in parables to the simple minded so they can understand. To his disciples He spoke straight up, they were able. And the things they could not BEAR YET, He spoke to them AFTER they received the Holy Spirit.

Paul was made an Apostle that God would send to preach the Gospel. And God made sure he did as HE wanted Paul to do, by also filling Him with God's Spirit. Just like the Truth is not meant for the World, and the World CANNOT recieve the Truth, the same with Paul's preaching. Some get it, some do not. Paul can spend his whole life trying to give the Word to a Worldy man, if that man is of this World he will NEVER get the Truth/Word/Spirit. The World CANNOT receive the Spirit of Truth. Becasue it sees Him not, and it knoweth Him not!

Jesus was not understood by the World, even His Disciples battled to keep up, and this upset Jesus. Paul is one of the most misunderstood people EVER. VERY few can qoute Paul and still stay in TRUTH. They twist and quote Paul wrongly in concept and context. I hate the word context, because it is not even in the Bible. But some will quote Paul's words to COMPLETELY say te opposite of what Paul meant with the words.

Like when Paul says that he has not attained perfection yet.... Man! If you know not why Paul said these words, DO NOT EVER quote Paul. You are doing what Satan wants you to do then. Prematurely preaching is as good as Satan preaching! Why would God teach us NOT to appoint a young Christian as a deacon? Why? Because he will be lifted with pride nd fall into the condemnation of the devil. Like Peter did when he said to Jesus.... What Lord? You think I will allow the scoundrils to take you from me so they can crucify You? NEVER, OVER MY DEAD BODY.... And then Jesus said to him, GET BEHIND ME SATAN!

I see this EVERY day, EVERY day. Every day there is a person that stands in pride and show their hypocracy and teach SATAN with the Name of Jesus on their lips. Oh and more are women than men, I wonder why?

Let me ask you this my dear sister.... Do you see (judge) Paul as a sinner, even though his lies made the Truth of God more abound, unto HIS GLORY? I ask all you people this... Do you see (judge) Paul as a sinner, even though HE IS THE CHOSEN VESSEL FOR GOD'S SPIRIT AND THRUTH?... Romans 3:6....ARE you one of the ones that sees (judge) him as sinner, or do you see (judge) him as the PERFECT MAN GOD CHOSE TO REPRESENT GOD TO THE GENTILES, like I do!

Rom 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

A better question.... WILL YOU LIE FOR GOD'S TRUTH? AND ARE YOU ALSO A SINNER THEN OR STILL?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles, God made Paul EXACTLY like HE wanted him. Look what God said to Ananias.... He said Paul is the CHOSEN VESSEL.... Now If God chse a vessel to WORK FOR HIM, what will be IN that vessel, and who is the controler of that vessel? GOD IS THE CAPTAIN OF THAT VESSEL AND THE VESSEL IS FILLED WITH GOD'S GOODS.

Ships are called vessels, and a ship goes where the Captain steers it, and it carries what the Captain commanded to be loaded. Paul was the vessel to carry the GOSPEL, loaded by GOD, and the vessel was steered by the Captian: God! So EVERY breath Paul took was God's doing, Every action Paul did was God's doing, and EVERY WORD Paul spoke was God's doing or words!

Jesus had to know what to say to whom. Jesus spoke in parables to the simple minded so they can understand. To his disciples He spoke straight up, they were able. And the things they could not BEAR YET, He spoke to them AFTER they received the Holy Spirit.

Paul was made an Apostle that God would send to preach the Gospel. And God made sure he did as HE wanted Paul to do, by also filling Him with God's Spirit. Just like the Truth is not meant for the World, and the World CANNOT recieve the Truth, the same with Paul's preaching. Some get it, some do not. Paul can spend his whole life trying to give the Word to a Worldy man, if that man is of this World he will NEVER get the Truth/Word/Spirit. The World CANNOT receive the Spirit of Truth. Becasue it sees Him not, and it knoweth Him not!

Jesus was not understood by the World, even His Disciples battled to keep up, and this upset Jesus. Paul is one of the most misunderstood people EVER. VERY few can qoute Paul and still stay in TRUTH. They twist and quote Paul wrongly in concept and context. I hate the word context, because it is not even in the Bible. But some will quote Paul's words to COMPLETELY say te opposite of what Paul meant with the words.

Like when Paul says that he has not attained perfection yet.... Man! If you know not why Paul said these words, DO NOT EVER quote Paul. You are doing what Satan wants you to do then. Prematurely preaching is as good as Satan preaching! Why would God teach us NOT to appoint a young Christian as a deacon? Why? Because he will be lifted with pride nd fall into the condemnation of the devil. Like Peter did when he said to Jesus.... What Lord? You think I will allow the scoundrils to take you from me so they can crucify You? NEVER, OVER MY DEAD BODY.... And then Jesus said to him, GET BEHIND ME SATAN!

I see this EVERY day, EVERY day. Every day there is a person that stands in pride and show their hypocracy and teach SATAN with the Name of Jesus on their lips. Oh and more are women than men, I wonder why?

Let me ask you this my dear sister.... Do you see (judge) Paul as a sinner, even though his lies made the Truth of God more abound, unto HIS GLORY? I ask all you people this... Do you see (judge) Paul as a sinner, even though HE IS THE CHOSEN VESSEL FOR GOD'S SPIRIT AND THRUTH?... Romans 3:6....ARE you one of the ones that sees (judge) him as sinner, or do you see (judge) him as the PERFECT MAN GOD CHOSE TO REPRESENT GOD TO THE GENTILES, like I do!

Rom 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

A better question.... WILL YOU LIE FOR GOD'S TRUTH? AND ARE YOU ALSO A SINNER THEN OR STILL?
Actually Ive always liked the message given through Paul.
for me, the most easly understood , confermed and explained of all for all scripture.
I wanted to share this scripture as often, some will judge another, and sometimes that person judged is simply doing as Paul did.
I wont say Id lie to witness, but I will become for the sake of another, or as reciently learned, take the responcibuility for what was the others wrong, for the sake of their being willing to know Jesus's love.

God bless
pickles