I've been experiencing evil thoughts... Please offer advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Plorf

Ive been experiencing uncontrollable, evil, annoying thoughts.
Im just minding my own business, and then BAM, out of no where I start uncontrollably talking in my head.
Then my mind malfunctions and inputs an evil thought in place of a good one! For an example: I want to think-speak "I love god", my mind sometimes changes the word God to devil! It happens a lot, and it is uncontrollable, and getting frightening. That isn't the only example either, as there are worse ones...
Please! I've been Christian all my life, I love my lord, I go to a christian school.
I'm 15. Ive been praying to lord for guidance. Why is this happening?!

B

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

I've had similar stuff like this happen to me also plorf. You know, the closer you get to God in your relationship the more things like this happen. It's a Battle and spiritual war. These are opportunities for our strength to be tested, and for us to grow stronger in God. I know it's really annoying, but these are the times you need to saturate yourself in God even more. Satan tries to get at the best of us and tear into our weaknesses, but this is what we fight against as christians and we need to stand up for ourselves and against the things our minds play into. What I do is rebuke them in Jesus name and command them to go! God is on our side, and he will fight our battles. Another reason I think this is happening to people more and more is because the end is near, and Satan knows him time is up. We need to do our best to give everything to God and fight for him as best as we can even when its hard. We become over comers' and are victorious through Jesus. We become more bold and stronger warriors through these things. Don't believe the devil when he tries to tell you that you aren't good enough, or that you are not forgiven, or that you aren't strong enough. Him feeding you these lies just gives you all the more reason to believe God is real and more powerful than anything we can ever imagine.

U

Ugly

My first guess, & the one i would start with, if i were you, is that it is a spiritual attack. I would spend extra time in prayer & bible reading. Also reach out to your friends & church for prayer support during this time. Perhaps even cut back on secular movies, tv, & music for a time.
If over time this doesn't seem to be effective it could be a mild mental disorder. If thats the case i would suggest seeking out some counseling on how to deal with those kinds of thoughts. And of course still staying in your bible & prayer. I personally suggest if it goes this route avoid taking medications unless it comes down to being a genuine necessity. Might just be simple as some cognitive therapy.
Just don't be afraid of the trial. Perhaps God is allowing you to be tested. Face it head on, whatever it is.

J

jimmydiggs

As others have said, this would be spiritual warfare. Jim Logan has talked about this very thing, I wish I knew which part, but it was part of a 8-part conference series he did.

multimedia ? <-- click i don't know which, but all have been useful for me.

Also. Have you ever prayed to the devil before?

Y

YoungServant

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil&#8217;s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord&#8217;s people. 19

Jan 23, 2011
Oh, I get stuff like this all the time. It's kind of like my Inner troll, always replacing my thoughts with really bad things. Honestly, just ignore the dang thing and it'll go away.

In my opinion, psychologically, I think it's expression of moral restraint. I was raised Christian, and you profess to be Christian, so we come from this similar background. When strict morals like this become ingrained in your mind, there may be an unconscious part that strives for release from this self-imposed wall you put up. It manifests itself by thrusting restricted or "evil" thoughts into the for front of your mind. The more attention you give these thoughts, the more likely they are to occur. Don't make a big deal about it, and they'll go away, or at least become less prominent.

J

Joshua175

I have to say, the comment by apocalypseArisen was an answer that many people have given themselves and it serves no help to them. You can't get rid of human nature by trying to ignore it. We do things unconsciously that are evil because of the evil that was past down from Adam. It's a natural thing, even for the saved. We worship God in Spirit and in Truth. Paul said "I die daily." He said there was nothing good that was of the flesh that lived within him. Then how can we be good? Through the spirit of Christ which lives within us! Youngservant is completely correct.

"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him"

Listen to God rather than man! That's all it takes. Do not subject yourself to the flesh but subject yourself to Christ. If you make a mistake God is faithful and Just to Forgive you of your sins and continue to guide you with the Light of his son. God Bless you brother.

Jan 23, 2011
It's certainly helped me quite a bit. Obviously we can't block out our "human nature." To do this would render us, you know, not human. I'm just saying, while struggling to maintain a stringent moral code is tough, this inner voice is just trolling you. And the best thing to do with trolls is to not feed it.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
My advise is this: God's Word Heals... Firstly, Read the bible everyday, like immediately you wake up, let it be your foundation for the day, Secondly, whenever such thoughts come, confess the word e.g. "For God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of a SOUND MIND."(2 Tim. 1: 7)
Thirdly, take it to the Lord in prayer, tell God you don't want those thoughts but only the thoughts He alone gives you and thank Him for a sound mind which He has given you(in faith).

S

See_KING_Truth

I have also struggled with this at times. I had a problem back a few months ago while I was really experiencing a lot of growth in my faith.

At my place of employment, I heard the LORD's name used in vain several times on a daily basis. Eventually it started popping into my head even when I didn't hear it spoken by a co-worker. I never spoke it out loud, but even so, the thoughts were killing my spirit and filling me full of guilt and remorse.

The more I dwelled and tried to figure out why this was happening the more it happened. It got to the point of where this would pop into my head sometimes first thing when I woke up. It was tearing me apart inside.

You have to take these thoughts captive in the mind of Christ and deliver them to God. You can also speak out loud against these seeds that satan is trying to plant. Rebuke them out loud in the name of Jesus. Speak out loud and boldly of the goodness of God and praise him with your words. Every time an evil thought enters replace it with a good thought. Whatever you do do not dwell on these thoughts of wickedness, this only gives them more power.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Last edited:
V

Vinifera

"The spiritual battle takes place in our minds, but the place we give Christ in our hearts determines our victory" - Magdalene.

T

Tobby17

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS THEE!
*throws holy water in face*
Ask the demon inside you what he wants. Then you can reconcile your differences, and eventually become BFFs.
JESSSUSSSSS :D
hmm. Another Troll

No Comments....

R

Ramon

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1 John 3