Jairus daughter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what would you say was the meaning behind these miracles

One Bible in school lesson tried to shoehorn this moral into the story
That you ask for help or you help each other.

But I dont think that was the lesson of these miracles at all. The woman with the issue of blood didnt need to ask Jesus for help she just reached out and touched him, while Im not sure Jairus actually asked Jesus for help more like he was walking along and everyone weeping and Jesus saying shes not dead just sleeping.

It was more like ok heres an opprtunity to do a miracle and show Gods love to these distraught parents. Notice that Jesus removed all the mourners and weepers from the room except her parents and his 3 disciples.

I kind of suspect the weepers and mourners werent genuine cos they LAUGHED when Jesus told them she was just sleeping.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think its more...these people who asked Jesus had faith in Him

more so than asking for help. We can ask for help for many things of others but a lot of the time we just dont get the help we need. And also. its good to figure out things ourselves first before asking for help on things we can do ourselves.

sorry just thinking out loud. Notice that these people did not ask Jesus 'can you find a wife for me' (wives were helpers) they were not asking for help, they were asking for a miracle.

resto

Feb 25, 2019
I think its more...these people who asked Jesus had faith in Him

more so than asking for help. We can ask for help for many things of others but a lot of the time we just dont get the help we need. And also. its good to figure out things ourselves first before asking for help on things we can do ourselves.

sorry just thinking out loud. Notice that these people did not ask Jesus 'can you find a wife for me' (wives were helpers) they were not asking for help, they were asking for a miracle.
Every Miracle was a Revealing and proof by Prophesy Fulfillment to Israel, that their Promised Massiah had come, beyond any shadow of doubt. Over 300 Prophesies were fulfilled as proof of Gods Love, that the Long Promised, "Seed Of The Woman" came to Save all. Jesus Announced His Mission to Everyone. Jn 3 14-18. Every Chistian is aware of Jn 3 16. It is Humanities Hope. You see it on Posters at Big Sporting events and every American knows what it means. Around the Western European Chistian World Jn 3 16 Echos. No one can escape. That is why I am Going to Thailand. They need and have not "Witnessed" Jn 3 16. "The Hope Of Glory, Christ In You". It Burns in me.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thread Title
Jairus daughter

Im wondering about this story in the Bible. Why did Jesus ask them not to tell anybody about this miracle?
I say ------Jairus Daughter was the second Resurrection Jesus did ------and because of all the attention His first Resurrection brought ---see below -------the people were filled with Awe and made this statement ------verse 16 below “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.” 17 This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country.

The First Resurrection was this one ----in Nain ----

Luke 7

Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son
11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”

14 Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.” 17 This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I believe Jesus was saying don't tell because -------

Jesus wanted the peoples focus to be on His Ministry and His Preaching of the New Gospel of Salvation not on the Miracles He preformed -----His main reason he was sent was to Preach the Good News ---and to Give all Glory of the Healings to His Father -not to Himself ----and by His miraculous resurrections the people were focusing on Him and not on His Message ------so even though the people would probable go and tell others Jesus by telling them not to tell people was following His Father's will as Jesus did nothing on this own ----He only did what His Father told Him to do ---

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think those resurrections are often overlooked in the Bible or overshadowed by the more dramatic ones of Lazarus and even Jesus himself. But we should take note of them. It wasnt just the odd one or two people he healed and raised to life.

Lazarus was even in the tomb for a few days (was it more than 3 days? How long had he been dead? ) and came out in his grave clothes.

Because Jesus had raised quite a number to life again its any wonder that the Pharisees etc kept on trying to kill him also knowing that Jesus could come back from the dead!

News flash you can no longer kill a Christian they'll just be sleeping and wake up again long after youve gone. You cant maim a christian cos God will heal and restore our heavenly bodies. In effect, nothing can harm those who are saved we will never perish.

So dont even try Satan..are you listening or eavesdropping on this thread?