Jeremiah 20

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

InfinitiveSaviour

I saw a friend today and that person got me really upset. So much in fact I felt like fighting that person. So I took a walk and realized it's Christmas. The Lord and Jesus have done such wonder things for me and sice today is Jesus's Birthday, I felt that I should honor him. I thought to myself what would Jesus have done in my situation? Exodus 14:14 came to mind, The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. So I did, and I prayed. I prayed about what to do with this situation, the outcome, what do do about the person who I felt wronged me. I opened my bible and it opened to Jeremiah 20. I read the whole chapter what do you think The Lord is trying to tell me?

K

Kerry

To tell him to leave you alone and if he don;t them a swift kick in the private area will send the message. Works every time and then keep praying. We are not to be soft and run over.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I opened my bible and it opened to Jeremiah 20. I read the whole chapter what do you think The Lord is trying to tell me?
Probably telling you to control your temper? You can't smack everyone for saying something that you don't agree with. Just walk away and don't be so sensitive. If your physically assaulted, that's another story, but mere words should not provoke you to the point of starting a fight. jmo

Dec 3, 2014
I saw a friend today and that person got me really upset. So much in fact I felt like fighting that person. So I took a walk and realized it's Christmas. The Lord and Jesus have done such wonder things for me and sice today is Jesus's Birthday, I felt that I should honor him. I thought to myself what would Jesus have done in my situation? Exodus 14:14 came to mind, The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. So I did, and I prayed. I prayed about what to do with this situation, the outcome, what do do about the person who I felt wronged me. I opened my bible and it opened to Jeremiah 20. I read the whole chapter what do you think The Lord is trying to tell me?
Can you give more details of what happened? Was the argument about scripture? Jeremiah is a type of the elect. He was telling the people that the king of Babylon was coming to take them captive. The king of Babylon was Nebuchadnezzar and he was a type of anti CHRIST. Now the interesting thing is that we are probably closer or as close to the point now that the king of Babylon comes than Jeremiah was back then. So knowing the situation of your argument is important. Why did your Bible open to Jeremiah 20? Was it random? Did GOD make that happen? If GOD made it happen, why Jeremiah 20 as opposed to a verse in Matthew which has plenty of information on handling a situation like that. Were you having a talk or discussion on the end time and saying anything regarding anti CHRIST coming? If so, then Jeremiah 20 becomes very significant.

C

ChristIsGod

When we ask Him to speak to us by whatever means ~

1Cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

He answers intelligibly or right to the mark or on target and we know what He's saying, when it's Him.