Jerusalem's Old City Shut Down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
‘Unprecedented’: Jerusalem’s Old City shut down

JERUSALEM – More than 3,500 police officers are participating in a massive, nearly unprecedented security operation to bar Arab non-residents of Jerusalem’s Old City from entering the ancient walled city for the next 48 hours, Israel Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld confirmed in a radio interview Sunday.
“We’re dealing at the moment with a wave of terror, I would call it. We’re being very careful with ongoing security assessments,” Rosenfeld said on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio,” speaking live from the streets of Jerusalem’s Old City.

Following a series of Palestinian terrorist attacks in and near the Old City in the last 24 hours, the Israeli government took the highly unusual step of only permitting entry into the Old City to “Israeli citizens, Old City residents, tourists, Old City business owners and pupils learning there,” according to a Jerusalem police statement.

Dec 18, 2013
I have noticed these things lately in the past two days. I hope that they will be able to restore peace. Through violence or peace though, may Jesus comfort those that love him in Jerusalem.