Jesus and fishing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So i literally just woke up and thought this dream would be worth sharing sharing. I remember Jesus was collected followers, there was a huge lake and one of the good friends Jesus had made was a person named timothy. In this dream there was a narrator explaining the events of the dream like a story. Timothy was a very rich man and i remember the narrator saying this is why Jesus and timothy did not have to take turns keeping watch( whatever that means) Anyways there were i think seven boats and seven magical fishing rods that caught fish every time, obviously he had blessed them. Anyways i remember also they came across fisherman after fisherman in the huge lake and Jesus said come follow me and they got into the boats.

Jesus had collected many followers and they all fished and fished until it was time go home. The narrator said they all set the fishing rods on land but i don't think they were supposed to put them there but Jesus said nothing. I remember everything blacking out and the narrator said later they returned to find the fishing rods but they could never find them again.

A

Ariel82

Jesus disciples used nets in the Bible.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Jesus disciples used nets in the Bible.
LOL yes they did i noticed this as well but i think this dream has much more to do with the present times today.

S

Steve4U

Hi - - - There seems little doubt to me what the meaning, import or message of the dream is.

But how do we get the rods back, and get them working (so well) again?

Ideas, anyone?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
In the dream we never get them back. I honestly have no idea the meaning of the dream, or any idea who this timothy guy is. I only knew he was rich and bought seven boats, the boats were like the boats they used in those days of Jesus. timothy in biblical definition means honor God so perhaps this timothy person had honored god and served him well so god blessed him and made him rich. Idk i don't understand the dream very well

U

ukkez

have u prayed to god about it, ask him to tell u the meaning?

Aug 2, 2009
I don't know about the keeping watch part but I think the fishing rods represented their faith. Once they got what they wanted (lots of fish), they lay their fishing rods on the ground and left them there (abandoned their faith).