jesus and god

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mrb29678

Do u believe they are the same

D

danschance

Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one. Duet. 6:4

In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God. John 1:1

T

TruthTalk

Yes I believe they are the same

Colossians 1:17 NASB

He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together.
18 He is also head of the body,

John10:30 NASB

I and the Father are [e]one.”

Last edited:
May 15, 2013
Well I do but other followers of Christ doesn't. Let say that the spirit is like water, you can pour some out into another container, then when it done finishing it purpose in the container, you can pour it back into its original container.

M

mrb29678

Thanks for ur insight. Btt if god created adam why wldnt he jst create his a man instead of bieng born n instead of consuming a burning bush why wldnt he jst appear as jesus?. Not try to argue with ne 1 bout ther believes just want to knw wat others think

T

TruthTalk

Hi Mrb, good question.... why didn't he just appear as Jesus? Jesus needed to become like us as a human being so that he could make atonement for sinful human beings (like you and I). If God created Jesus Christ rather than Jesus being born of a virgin then his sacrifice on the cross would not be effectual - meaning if Jesus was created rather than being born he could not sympathize with our sinful nature even though He was without sin. An angel is a created being and they would not be able to make atonement for our sins - good question thanks for asking....

16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God,and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Last edited:
M

mrb29678

I agree with u but I'm really starting to believe tht god n jesus aren't the same person. A gud vicepresident shares tha view as the president tho makin them one in the same. I dnt knock ne who believs ther tha same bt the mor I read n study jst seems lik the bible goes out the way a lot to show tht ther seperate bieng and the relationship god has with jesus

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
There the same but there seperate beings.
Exactly. God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is GOD. How I learned it and how I always explained it was to look at an egg. You have the shell, the clear membrane and the yolk. Three distinct parts -- one egg.

D

dyingeveryday

Yes I do. God formed man from dust and breathed life into us. Jesus breathed life into Lazarus and he was raised from the dead. Jesus resurrected by the Holy Spirit transcends to the right hand of the Throne of God. They are one.

T

TruthTalk

Yeah that's right they are different persons but the same in essence. One of Jesus disciples asked Jesus to show him the Father and Jesus answered him that anyone who has seen him has seen the Father John14:9 God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit one God in three persons. Jesus Christ was God himself in the form of a man showing us the way back to the Father and He's coming back for his Church one day soon.....all good things talk about thanks.

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, - Colossians 2:9

M

mrb29678

So why turn nto a burning bush? Why not take tha from of jesus? And jesus is tha perfect reflection of god, lik a son who does everything his father says does tht not make them the one in tha same but not same person. Why would satan tryn tempt jesus if he was really god ther would b no way to tempt him

May 15, 2013
I agree with u but I'm really starting to believe tht god n jesus aren't the same person. A gud vicepresident shares tha view as the president tho makin them one in the same. I dnt knock ne who believs ther tha same bt the mor I read n study jst seems lik the bible goes out the way a lot to show tht ther seperate bieng and the relationship god has with jesus
Spirits doesn't has barriers except for the dark spirits; they can do what ever they please, that is why God has entrusted them with the key to the Kingdom. Satan has limits which he cannot do; satan can enter and come out of someone or being that if they has invited him; and by us doing his will it is like giving him the key to our souls. God has put him on a leash, because if God unleashes satan, he will destroy everything.

John 3:8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

John 3:34
For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Luke 22:3
Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

M

mwFerguson_MTh

No. The "God" of Israel and the OT is Y[SUB]a[/SUB]HV[SUB]e[/SUB]H. Jesus of Nazareth was not Y[SUB]a[/SUB]HV[SUB]e[/SUB]H.

No. The "God" of Orthodox Judeo-Christians (i.e., the average Bible-reading, pew-warming, tithe paying "Christian") is known as J[SUB]e[/SUB]H[SUB]o[/SUB]V[SUB]a[/SUB]H (cp. name spellings). Jesus of Nazareth did not become equated with the names Y[SUB]a[/SUB]HV[SUB]e[/SUB]H or J[SUB]e[/SUB]H[SUB]o[/SUB]V[SUB]a[/SUB]H until his post-Nicene apotheosis by the Christian Church at Rome.

Ergo:

1: Jesus ≠ Y[SUB]a[/SUB]HV[SUB]e[/SUB]H
2: Jesus ≠ J[SUB]e[/SUB]H[SUB]o[/SUB]V[SUB]a[/SUB]H
∴ Jesus ≠ "God"

T

TruthTalk

So why turn nto a burning bush? Why not take tha from of jesus? And jesus is tha perfect reflection of god, lik a son who does everything his father says does tht not make them the one in tha same but not same person. Why would satan tryn tempt jesus if he was really god ther would b no way to tempt him
Hi mrb, why do you ask all the tough question - eh! God has appeared to us in different forms such as in the burning bush because that's what he chooses to do - for you and I God's choice was to reveal Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ's humanity, the Son of God, was not a reflection of who God is -Jesus is the exact representation of who God is. Hebrews 1:3.

Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by the devil because the devil understood exactly who Jesus was. Is it not true that Jesus told the apostle Peter to, "get thee behind me satan" - The devil has been trying to stop God's plan of salvation since the fall of Adam and Eve and that is exactly what the devil try to do to Jesus in the wilderness. If the devil could cause Jesus to commit just one sin then his Messianic credentials would be void - however Jesus did not sin - victory in Jesus!

Here is a very short word study that you can do also - Yes Jesus is God in the flesh - "and the Word/God became flesh/Jesus and made His dwelling among us." John1:14 - today we can walk with Jesus because we have His Holy Spirit
in us...praise God.

For in Him all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form, - Colossians 2:9 - NASB
For in him all - Def; “all” Greek transliteraton - “pas”, adj; all, the whole, “each part of the totality”
“Viewing the whole in terms of individual parts.” - this word is straightforward and intensive.
It is used in Ephesians 3:19 “that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
biblelexicon.org/colossians/2-9. - definitions are from Strongs concordance - not me.