Jesus and His prayers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ember

Jesus apparently prayed a lot, and it seems that prayer time increased dramatically as His execution neared.
Why did Jesus pray so much?
23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Hebrews 7

J

jaybird88

Indeed!

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Christ disdained those who made prayer a public spectacle. If we pray to be seen those prayers will never be answered.

James 4:3 "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."
IMO public prayers are ok when we are in worship and honoring the Father like Solomon's prayer of dedication. i think our personal prayers should never be done in public, those are the ones between the servant and the All High.

May 15, 2013
Jesus apparently prayed a lot, and it seems that prayer time increased dramatically as His execution neared.
Why did Jesus pray so much?
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,