Jesus does not discriminate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Strickalator

I want to encourage those who feel marginalized by society that God loves them and wants them to be with Him in Glory in the afterlife. Our world has often scorned those and beaten and killed those who we thought did not have any place as a human or any rights to love God just as all of us can and should do.

We use to treat women as second class citizens, and in some ways we still do. We used to condone slavery and racism and bigotry and yet in some ways we still also do this.

How often have we used Scripture (Our Forefathers) to tell someone is evil when they are really not. We Twist and Turn the Bible to fit our agendas or to hate people that are a different skin color or some other matter.

We just passed the Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan 15th 1929. If he had not been killed he would be 84 today.

With That in mind one of my favorite actors (John Schneider) who is a Christian and has been for some time now said this:

THR: Is there anti-Christian bigotry in Hollywood?
Schneider: Sure, there’s Christian bigotry. There’s also Democrat bigotry, Republican bigotry, straight bigotry and homosexual bigotry. There’s a lot of people here.
There have been many of you on here who now participate in a form of bigotry against people who were born intersex,transgender or homosexual. There have been many people in the past using Scriptures out of context to destroy people for who they are. Blacks and Women have had it hard and now we do this to people who could have otherwise had a relationship with Christ Jesus and come to know them as their Lord and Savior, but will not do so because of fear of how we will treat them and what we have been saying to them.

I urge you men and women of good faith to consider you words before you condemn anyone in your heart. God Bless

Nov 30, 2009
Bless you for this post, probably the most relivent thing I've seen someone say! Good on you :)

P

progressivenerdgirl

@Strickalator:
Homosexuality and sex transformation (I am not counting people who are BORN with unusual physiologies, as they are blameless in that regard) is a violation of God's purpose for men, women and sex, and an offense against him. Of course just because a person is a sinner is no reason to despise them (we all are), but it also doesn't mean we should give them a free pass to sin or withhold God's just punishment as he commanded in the Law.

As regards so-called 'sexism', while there certainly are men who treat women poorly (and vice versa), the Bible is very clear that men and women have different roles, rights, and responsibilities in life.

I have no brook with racial hatred, though at the same time I do not consider it offensive if people prefer to be around those they share things with (such as ethnicity), and are concerned about intermarriage due to miscommunication of norms and expectations.

And God certainly DOES discriminate: between the Saved and the Damned, between the innocent and the guilty, between men and women, etc. Certainly, the Lord is no respecter of persons but he is also no relativist.

P

psychomom

First you'd have to prove that people are born homosexual.
(you can't, you know)

Then we can talk. :)

P

progressivenerdgirl

First you'd have to prove that people are born homosexual.
(you can't, you know)

Then we can talk. :)
Even then it wouldn't really mean anything. Some people have constitutionally bad tempers. Does that justify assault and murder? Or even wrath? Having a disposition is not an excuse for sin and crime!

P

psychomom

Even then it wouldn't really mean anything. Some people have constitutionally bad tempers. Does that justify assault and murder? Or even wrath? Having a disposition is not an excuse for sin and crime!
Very good points! :)

P

psychomom

You know...really very good points!

Until we are willing to crucify the flesh in our experience and make it conform to the will of God, we have a way to travel.

:)

S

Strickalator

I have no brook with racial hatred, though at the same time I do not consider it offensive if people prefer to be around those they share things with (such as ethnicity), and are concerned about intermarriage due to miscommunication of norms and expectations.
That is the silliest thing I have ever seen someone type on here lately. It makes no sense to prefer to be around someone who has the same skin color as you. Having the same interesting ideas or hobbies, thats a reason to want to or not want to hang out with someone. I don't care what a person looks like or where they come from, I am going to spend time with humans in general just like Jesus did and does.

Do you honestly think God cares about who we marry in regards to the outer shell, He sees the heart , not the body.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Jesus does not discriminate, but that is not an excuse to continue to live in a lifestyle which is displeasing to God, such as homoseuxal relationships, despite having your Lesbian Pastor tell you otherwise. Strickalator, you already have a thread going about your lifestyle and choices, you will not really get any different answers by starting thinly disguised threads. would it be not easier to just continue on your existing thread?

P

progressivenerdgirl

@Strickalator:
It makes no sense to prefer to be around someone who has the same skin color as you.
Honey, if you think race and ethnicity are only skin deep you've got a very superficial view of things. Having lived in Korea, Austria and the USA I can tell you that there is a lot of difference in how people are expected to behave in certain situations and what social cues they have. What's more, it may just be that some people are more comfortable around people of their own ethnicity. Is that 'silly'? Well, maybe preferring redheads is, too; but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Dec 26, 2012
No matter how much one wants to slice it and dice it,all sexual acts outside of marriage are a form of adultery. Lust is also a form of adultery. All sexual acts outside of marriage come has it's root in lust in the heart. And how does God define marriage? It is between one man and one woman. Jesus made that abundantly clear. There is no wiggle room. It is not what I say but it is what God has defined for us.

Romans 1

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Colossians 3

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

1 Thessalonians 4

3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 4

2 As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. 3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4 They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.

1 John 2

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

You need to remember I do understand where you are coming from,but it means we of all people need to walk a very,very,very fine line so that we do not cause some one else to fall and that we don't fall into things that God does not want us doing

Last edited:
D

dashadow

There has and always will be discrimination, surprise! And one is more likely to find a higher concentration of it within the church than in the general public.Of course, it varies from church to church.

I try not to persuade people to develop a closer relationship with God by criticizing the way they choose to live their lives. Love is the Way. And my interaction has always been more about character than color.

When someone feels marginalized, I believe it often says more about how they feel about themselves than how others feel about them. If you're comfortable with who you are and the choices you make, why care so much about what other people think or find acceptable about you? Live your life as the Spirit gives you comfort to live it. Leave the bigots and self-righteous to their own folly.

K

Kefa52

I want to encourage those who feel marginalized by society that God loves them and wants them to be with Him in Glory in the afterlife. Our world has often scorned those and beaten and killed those who we thought did not have any place as a human or any rights to love God just as all of us can and should do.

We use to treat women as second class citizens, and in some ways we still do. We used to condone slavery and racism and bigotry and yet in some ways we still also do this.

How often have we used Scripture (Our Forefathers) to tell someone is evil when they are really not. We Twist and Turn the Bible to fit our agendas or to hate people that are a different skin color or some other matter.

We just passed the Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan 15th 1929. If he had not been killed he would be 84 today.

With That in mind one of my favorite actors (John Schneider) who is a Christian and has been for some time now said this:

There have been many of you on here who now participate in a form of bigotry against people who were born intersex,transgender or homosexual. There have been many people in the past using Scriptures out of context to destroy people for who they are. Blacks and Women have had it hard and now we do this to people who could have otherwise had a relationship with Christ Jesus and come to know them as their Lord and Savior, but will not do so because of fear of how we will treat them and what we have been saying to them.

I urge you men and women of good faith to consider you words before you condemn anyone in your heart. God Bless
I don't condemn the person. I condemn sin. In myself and others. The Holiness of God is far beyond our understanding.

Dec 26, 2012
There has and always will be discrimination, surprise! And one is more likely to find a higher concentration of it within the church than in the general public.Of course, it varies from church to church.

I try not to persuade people to develop a closer relationship with God by criticizing the way they choose to live their lives. Love is the Way. And my interaction has always been more about character than color.

When someone feels marginalized, I believe it often says more about how they feel about themselves than how others feel about them. If you're comfortable with who you are and the choices you make, why care so much about what other people think or find acceptable about you? Live your life as the Spirit gives you comfort to live it. Leave the bigots and self-righteous to their own folly.
Are we to allow someone to continue down a path that in the end will only lead to destruction and never warn them of what's ahead,or are we to warn them so they may correct their path?

Proverbs 14

12 There is a way that appears to be right,
but in the end it leads to death.

Proverbs 16

25 There is a way that appears to be right,
but in the end it leads to death.

(Listed twice perhaps it's because God is trying to get our attention?)

Proverbs 27

5 Better is open rebuke
than hidden love.

Proverbs 17

10 A rebuke impresses a discerning person
more than a hundred lashes a fool.

Proverbs 19

20 Listen to advice and accept discipline,
and at the end you will be counted among the wise.

Proverbs 1

20 Out in the open wisdom calls aloud,
she raises her voice in the public square;
21 on top of the wall[d] she cries out,
at the city gate she makes her speech:
22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?
23 Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.
24 But since you refuse to listen when I call
and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
25 since you disregard all my advice
and do not accept my rebuke,
26 I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
28 “Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me,

29 since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the Lord.
30 Since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,
31 they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety
and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
9 Honor the Lord with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.

Proverbs 25

12 Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold
is the rebuke of a wise judge to a listening ear.

Proverbs 28

23 Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor
rather than one who has a flattering tongue.

Ecclesiastes 7

4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.
5 It is better to heed the rebuke of a wise person
than to listen to the song of fools.

I think the Lord is very clear there is a time when one is walking outside of His will that we are to rebuke them
so they may turn around.

Feb 11, 2012
I agree to the point that Jesus doesnt judge by race, looks, male or female, young or old, etc..

But if you are saying He doesnt judge by righteous judgement as we are called to do, such as a practicing homosexual, adulterer, fornicator, etc,, wont face harsh judgement by God, then you are abusing the grace and mercy of God!

The mercy of God

Rom 9:15 For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

God is a God ad of mercy and compassion, He is the giver and taker of all life, and His mercy endures forever and ever. Now many teach that the mercy of God can be abused to the extent that a vile sinner, who is unrepentant before God, can also receive His mercy. I believe he can, but does God give His mercy and forgiveness to those still defiled, and living a lie?
I believe the gospel is clear on this, as to the many scriptures warning all sinners to repent, Luk 13:3 I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to Jehovah, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.
The mercy of God I believe is extended to all who come to a saving faith, that includes real repentance and faith followed by deeds, proving we have repented, have gone through a crisis of conviction and have cleansed and purified our hearts, broken and ready to receive the holy spirit, having crucified our flesh with Christ, Galations 2-20, explains this well.
I also believe Gods mercy is extended to the whole world, 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. He demands repentance, a working faith in love, and an obedient heart, that has been cleansed by the blood of Christ in repentance 2 Corin 7:10 For the grief according to God works repentance to salvation, not to be regretted, but the grief of the world works out death.
2Co 7:11 For behold this same thing (you being grieved according to God); how much it worked out earnestness in you; but also defense; but also indignation; but also fear; but also desire; but also zeal; but also vengeance! In everything you approved yourselves to be clear in the matter.
God is merciful and long suffering, and we are not to judge another's salvation, but we sure can judge their fruits, and conduct, as compared to scripture, as long as our obedience is fulfilled. 2Co 10:6 and having readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
I don't think God winks and overlooks sin in any way, shape or form, and the warnings are clear in His word, Psa 7:11 God judges the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. The word is clear on who will enter the kingdom of God, and this entrance comes from the mercy of God, on the truly repentant heart, not a perfect heart as most would accuse, but a heart made pure, through repentance, and following the truth in scriptures.
The sad thing is, most churches teach you get saved as a vile sinner, that Jesus took you place and is your obedience or substitute, all sins are pre forgiven, and after you confess, and receive Jesus into your heart, you are declared saved, and righteous, not of your own accord, but that of the imputed righteousness of Christ.
So now Gods mercy declares a vile sinner pure, holy, and in His favor, because God can grant mercy to whom He pleases, but this goes against His command for us to repent, stop our sinning against Him, seek His mercy after we make a strong effort toward Him in reconciliation.
All throughout scripture God is calling all who can hear, to repent, avoid all appearances of evil, do not be deceived, follow and remain in the spirit, give no provision to the flesh, be crucified with Christ, seek His kingdom and righteousness first, stand fast, be diligent, flee immorality, remain separate and unspotted from the world, love Him with all your heart, mind, strength and soul, love your neighbor, expose the unfruitful works of darkness, defend and contend to keep the gospel pure, love not the world and its vain attractions, be perfect in purity, sincerity, and love, avoid temptation, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, you must endure to the end, don't let your faith get shipwrecked, stop doing evil, learn to do good, rightly divide the word of God, deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and to live soberly, godly, and righteously in this present age, you reap what you sow, he who sins shall die, he who sins is of the devil, and many more warnings coming from our most merciful God, who has made it perfectly clear in His word, where His mercy will be granted.
I believe if a person comes to God in all humility, brokenness, and sincerity, Gods mercy will be abundantly poured out on them, but if he comes with pride, still In vile sins of the flesh, loving the world more than God, full of self, expecting God to clean them up, an do His thing to make them stop sinning, then all bets are off, to me this is abusing the love, grace, and mercy of almighty God. Jas 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says, God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.
Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
We all know many sincere men and women past and present who lived a very holy and separated life, full of giving and compassion for all mankind, who did good works in helping the poor and sick. But they followed another gospel, another religion, taught many false teachings, and led millions away from the true gospel. Many will say as long as you did good works for God, showed your fellow man compassion and love, etc., it doesn't matter what doctrine you taught, followed or adhered to, as long as you loved Jesus and mankind, your works will burn up but the mercy of God will prevail, and you will be saved.
All’s I know is, if these people repented of their false ways, before they perished, then they are saved, but there comes a time when God will not grant repentance as with Esau, who lost his birthright, and cried bitter tears to find repentance and didn't. Heb 12:15 looking diligently lest any fail of the grace of God, or lest any root of bitterness springing up disturb you, and by it many are defiled,
Heb 12:16 (lest there be any fornicator, or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.
Heb 12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected; for he did not find any place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears)
Yes God is merciful, but He is also a righteous patient judge, not wanting any to perish, and He makes it clear, on just how narrow the road to salvation is, and who will be saved and receive mercy. Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.
If we don't follow the straight gate and narrow road, there will be dire consequences, and hoping God will grant me mercy if I went my own way, but thought I was going the right way, is not something we want to learn when our time is up! Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
let’s all be sure we are going the right way:
Pro 14:12 There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end of it is the ways of death.
Tommy