JESUS is Inviting You to the Wedding: Will You Accept the Invitation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2014
Matthew 22 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

22 Once more Jesus spoke to them in parables: 2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent out his slaves to summon those invited to the banquet, but they didn’t want to come. 4Again, he sent out other slaves, and said, ‘Tell those who are invited: Look, I’ve prepared my dinner; my oxen and fattened cattle have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 But they paid no attention and went away, one to his own farm, another to his business.6 And the others seized his slaves, treated them outrageously and killed them. 7 The king[a] was enraged, so he sent out his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned down their city.
8 Then he told his slaves, ‘The banquet is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.9 Therefore go to where the roads exit the city and invite everyone you find to the banquet.’ 10 So those slaves went out on the roads and gathered everyone they found, both evil and good. The wedding banquet was filled with guests.[b] 11 But when the king came in to view the guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed for a wedding. 12 So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him up hand and foot,[c] and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 For many are invited, but few are chosen.

Matthew 22 New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

9So go to the street corners. Invite to the dinner anyone you can find.’ 10 So the slaves went out into the streets. They gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good. Soon the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Matthew 22 King James Version (KJV)

9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

The guest represent JESUS disciples who are invited into the Kingdom despite their unworthiness. The improperly dressed guest represent a false disciple(7:15-23). False disciple presence seems to honor the SON, but refusal to wear the festive garment dishonor him. Many false believers appear to honor JESUS by calling on HIM "LORD.", but lack of true faith and repentance offends him.

1. How many folks have not accepted JESUS invitation to feast with HIM in the Kingdom?

2.How many folks have rejected JESUS message of Good News(Gospel) because the Jews rejected JESUS CHRIST?

3. How many folks are rejected by religious leaders because folks do not resemble the country club religion status? How many folks have been rejected by the church because they were sinners? How would a church treat a homeless person, street walker, drug addict, or a known whore monger coming into the church? Would they be embrace or reject by religious folks?

4. The good and bad are inviting to the wedding for those who have truly repented of their sins and honor JESUS CHRIST.

Explanation of Matthew 22:1-14:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/matthew/matthew-22.html

CHAPTER 22
Matthew 22:1-14 . PARABLE OF THE MARRIAGE OF THE KING'S SON.
This is a different parable from that of the Great Supper, in Luke 14:15 , &c., and is recorded by Matthew alone.
2. The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son--"In this parable," as TRENCH admirably remarks, "we see how the Lord is revealing Himself in ever clearer light as the central Person of the kingdom, giving here a far plainer hint than in the last parable of the nobility of His descent. There He was indeed the Son, the only and beloved one ( Mark 12:6 ), of the Householder; but here His race is royal, and He appears as Himself at once the King and the King's Son ( Psalms 72:1 ). The last was a parable of the Old Testament history; and Christ is rather the last and greatest of the line of its prophets and teachers than the founder of a new kingdom. In that, God appears demanding something from men; in this, a parable of grace, God appears more as giving something to them. Thus, as often, the two complete each other: this taking up the matter where the other left it." The "marriage" of Jehovah to His people Israel was familiar to Jewish ears; and in Psalms 45:1-17 this marriage is seen consummated in the Person of Messiah "THE KING," Himself addressed as "GOD" and yet as anointed by "HIS GOD" with the oil of gladness above His fellows. These apparent contradictions are resolved in this parable; and Jesus, in claiming to be this King's Son, serves Himself Heir to all that the prophets and sweet singers of Israel held forth as to Jehovah' s ineffably near and endearing union to His people. But observe carefully, that THE BRIDE does not come into view in this parable; its design being to teach certain truths under the figure of guests at a wedding feast, and the want of a wedding garment, which would not have harmonized with the introduction of the Bride.

May 3, 2013
I´m sure I don´t like weddings or parties, at least now and, as far as I knew me, I never attended one, except mine (reluctantly).

P

popeye

From the OP's article;
But observe carefully, that THE BRIDE does not come into view in this parable; its design being to teach certain truths under the figure of guests at a wedding feast, and the want of a wedding garment, which would not have harmonized with the introduction of the Bride.
From the OP's article;
And it shall come to pass in the day of the Lord's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel." The custom in the East of presenting festival garments (see Genesis 45:22 , 2 Kings 5:22 ), even though nor clearly proved, Is certainly presupposed here. It undoubtedly means something which they bring not of their own--for how could they have any such dress who were gathered in from the highways indiscriminately?--but which they receive as their appropriate dress. And what can that be but what is meant by "putting on the Lord Jesus," as "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS?"
The parable is end times. The bride is already in heaven,and the final harvest is the Jews,and Gt stragglers.