Jesus is our Sabbath Rest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kerry

Wall what you are preaching is this in similarity. Jesus opened the door but Buddah can give me enlightenment. Deny it but it is what all law preachers teach. Have you got you prayer shawl yet. they tell me beanies do wonders. Peter popoff has some new and improved miracle spring water. That is the law.

By obey or putting faith in law rejects the work of the cross and God will have nothing to do with it.
Why, Why, Why, put your faith in something that has no power. By faith you are saved, faith in what. THE CROSS AND NOTHING ELSE. Open that blessed thick head and realise that the law has no power at all.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Why, Why, Why, put your faith in something that has no power. By faith you are saved, faith in what. THE CROSS AND NOTHING ELSE. Open that blessed thick head and realise that the law has no power at all.

REV. 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and THE FAITH OF JESUS.

My faith is not in the law. Its in Jesus. Im trying to be patient

K

Kerry

Wall the fact is and on course with this thread is that Jesus is our Sabbath. If you want to argue law start a thraed I will blow you up, by the help of the Holy Spirit. Law is given to expose sin and has no remedy.

K

Kerry

I apologize Wall, I got carried away, I had typed a long response then the editor went a web page and I lost all that I typed. that angered me and I took it out on you for that I apologize.

K

Kerry

Wall, why did Paul say that the preaching of the cross is the power of God. Because there is nothing else. Why teach and preach something that has no power. I try not to.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Wall the fact is and on course with this thread is that Jesus is our Sabbath. If you want to argue law start a thraed I will blow you up, by the help of the Holy Spirit. Law is given to expose sin and has no remedy.
Well Kerry, ive yet to find a scripture about someone blowing up someone with the help of the Holy Spirit but I did find these scriptures

PSALM 94 [11] The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;[13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Teach man out of thy law, until pit digged for the wicked. The bottomless pit?

PSALM 119 [84] How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me? [85] The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.[86] All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

They who are not after the law have dug pits and ALL thy commandments are faithful...the 4th?

PROVERBS 28 [9] He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

Those who turn from hearing the law will fall into pit they themselves dug. Don't blow yourself up Kerry

PSALM 7 [15] He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

ISAIAH 24 [3] The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.[5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRANSGRESSED THE LAWS, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.[17] Fear, and THE PIT, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.[18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall FALL INTO THE PIT; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.[22] And they shall be gathered together, AS PRISONERS ARE GATHERED IN THE PIT, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Well, heres the end of the story. The DAY OF THE LORD. Those that practice transgressing the law of God will end up in the pit and scripture says in Revelation that those that keep the commandments of God (Exodus 20) and have the testimony of Jesus will end up in the Kingdom. Those in the pit will be visited after many days. A thousand years maybe?

REV.20 [1] And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of THE BOTTOMLESS PIT and a great chain in his hand.[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

YUP. A thousand years. Looks like those that do not observe to keep Gods 10 commandments will be having some company in the pit. Kinda makes Saddams wormhole look rather appealing.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I apologize Wall, I got carried away, I had typed a long response then the editor went a web page and I lost all that I typed. that angered me and I took it out on you for that I apologize.
Don't worry about it Kerry. I love ya

K

Kerry

Wall, I'm not the authority of all things. Get on your face and seek God. Regardless of what your church tells you. You can lift your hands as if you were at a football game and worship Him or a concert where they" say get ur hands up". This is a song that we often sing , " I will lift up Holy hands and magnify your name and worship you". Then there is this " let's just praise the Lord, lets just praise the Lord Let us Lift our hands and praise the Lord. Many times after these songs the minister cannot even minister. The Spirit has taken over the service and we weep, we jump, we run. As the Holy Spirit Guides. Now that is rest.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
We Christians were actually givin many warnings about the bad guys and what they would do. The warnings are all around the new testament.

1 PETER 5 [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a ROARING LION, walketh about, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR:

Watch out for these roaring lions!

MATT.7 [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are RAVENING WOLVES.

Beware of false these prophets. They are RAVENING WOLVES. Also implied here is that “the many” will follow these false prophets and but a few will take the way of life.

ACTS 20 [29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous WOLVES ENTER IN among you, not sparing the flock.[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, TO DRAW AWAY DISCIPLES after them.

The GRIEVOUS WOLVES were there from the beginning

EPH.4 [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth WALK NOT AS OTHER GENTILES walk, in the VANITY of their mind,[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:[19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all UNCLEANNESS with GREEDINESS.

Well, I found all these warnings from the new testament in one scripture. The Day of the Lord scriptures are so great. To see what these ROARING LIONS and RAVENOUS WOLVES have done, simply read and believe the Word.

EZEK.22 [23] And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,[24] Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.[25] There is A CONSPIRACY OF HER PROPHETS in the midst thereof, like a ROARING LION ravening the prey; THEY HAVE DEVOURED SOULS; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.[26] HER PRIESTS HAVE VIOLATED MY LAW, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the UNCLEAN AND THE CLEAN, and HAVE HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS, and I am profaned among them.[27] Her princes in the midst thereof are like WOLVES RAVENING THE PREY, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get DISHONEST GAIN.[28] And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, SEEING VANITY, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken

A conspiracy of the prophets. HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS! They meant to do it and they sure did pull it off despite the warnings

H

haz

Theres some who say we need not keep the law because there is no law. Those people {I guess} don't need the blood of Christ because if theres no law theres no sin to be washed away by His blood.
Rom 4:15
where there is no law there is no transgression/Sin

For believers the blood of Christ totally purged us of sin. All past sin was forgiven at the cross, Rom 3:25. After that there is no more sin that can be charged against a Christian. Jesus truly set us free from sin, John 8:36, rom 6:7.

Rom 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

1Pet 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered (crucified) for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind (our old man crucified with him, Rom 6:6): for he that hath suffered in the flesh (Rom 6:6) hath ceased from sin

1John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed (Christ) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But the doctrine you follow still charges sin against Christians. You still judge a Christian's righteousness by deeds of the law in spite of the fact that God says we're not under the law (Rom 8:2, rom 10:4, Gal 4:24, Gal 5:18, 1Tim 1:9).

The doctrine you follow calls unclean what God has cleansed.
The doctrine you follow continues to charge Christians with unrighteousness, just as Satan the accuser always tried to do until we "overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony".

Rev 12:9-11
the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Why would you want to let Satan, the accuser, keep you under the ministry of condemnation/death?

K

Kerry

Wall, this ain't my first rodeo. Tell me how keeping Sabbath does you any profit, what has it done for you. Does it make you feel good. Hey going to church is a good thing and wish all people would go. But, on a personal level what is the profit. Feeling good. Telling your buddies , hey I went to church. I paid the preacher, so good things must befall me.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do do drugs, i don't sleep around, I cut the grass at the church, I teach Sunday school. I AM A DEACON. what does that profit you. Hey, Jack, I handed out water bottles, Look vern I gave blankets to the homeless. So do the evil. Where is your profit. But lord I kept law, depart from me you worker of iniquity for I never knew you.

But, when I see the blood I will pass over you, Praise God almighty, He is God and there is no other. Amen and amen

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Rom 4:15
where there is no law there is no transgression/Sin

For believers the blood of Christ totally purged us of sin. All past sin was forgiven at the cross, Rom 3:25. After that there is no more sin that can be charged against a Christian. Jesus truly set us free from sin, John 8:36, rom 6:7.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

1Pet 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered (crucified) for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind (our old man crucified with him, Rom 6:6): for he that hath suffered in the flesh (Rom 6:6) hath ceased from sin

1John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed (Christ) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But the doctrine you follow still charges sin against Christians. You still judge a Christian's righteousness by deeds of the law in spite of the fact that God says we're not under the law (Rom 8:2, rom 10:4, Gal 4:24, Gal 5:18, 1Tim 1:9).
1 John 1:7-10 (KJV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

K

Kerry

I agree. Totally. Where is law in what you stated.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Speaking of rest. If anyone sees those commercials about "my pillow" coming on, you might wanna change the channel. And to all a good night.

K

Kerry

Speaking of rest. If anyone sees those commercials about "my pillow" coming on, you might wanna change the channel. And to all a good night.
God bless you Wall and give me my pillow. I snore by the way.

H

haz

1 John 1:7-10 (KJV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
If you read 1John 1 from the beginning you'll see it's evangelical context.
It "bears witness" and "shows" "eternal life" to others so that they too "may have fellowship" "with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ"

If 1John 1:8 is speaking to Christians then that would contradict 1John 3:6-9.

Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

I know that you see Christians as still being under the law and thus still to charged with sin/transgression of the law (1John 3:4). Not only does this contradict 1John 3:6-9, but it also contradicts scripture which says that we're not under the law (Rom 8:2, Rom 10:4, Gal 4:24, Gal 5:18, 1Tim 1:9).

How can we be charged with sin/transgression of the law (1John 3:4) when we're not under the law for righteousness?
Whatever the law says it says to those under it, Rom 3:19.

How can we be charged with sin/unrighteousness (1John 5:17) when our faith has already been counted for righteousness (Rom 4:5)?

Can Satan, the accuser, charge us with sin (transgression of the law/unrighteousness)?

Rev 12:9-11
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Jesus truly set us free from sin (John 8:36, Rom 6:7).