Jesus or Darwin: Who is God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

renewedfaith1964

Who is God, Jesus or Darwin? I have spent a lot of my adult life trying to figure out if God was real, or whether evolution is true. I wanted to believe that Jesus was real, but evolution made me nervous. The reality is that Darwin, for all sakes and purposes, is cast as a god. Only a god could make this entire universe and its surreal complexity. After tons of soul searching, I have landed on the side of Jesus. This was not some blind leap of faith. It has been 30 years in the making. I read many, many books about science and evolution. I also prayed a lot. This was no easy decision. I have always considered myself a Christian, but wanted to really analyze everything. In the end, there just wasn't anything there for evolution. Sorry, but all of the claims made by evolution simply defy logic. If you ever really scrutinize them, it will only strengthen your faith. I found it comforting that scientific scrutiny of evolution found it utterly lacking.

If anybody else has struggled with this, I want to encourage them to seek the Lord. He is not angry at you for trying to figure out the truth. If it helps, read my book (free at Smashwords.com called "iDoubt: When Faith Falters"). One particular chapter you'll really like is called, "It’s Hard to Believe in Fairy Tales." The chapter looks at claims made by evolution and shows them to be fairy tales. Don't be afraid to challenge evolution. In the end, it is lacking. Oh, and I'm not an idiot. I am an honors graduate of a prestigious law school and am a very successful trial attorney in California. I'm not some country bumpkin who just believes anything that his pastor says. I get paid to critically analyze facts. I have done the same to evolution and find it to be a complete myth. Seek and ye shall find. God is with you as you seek.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
The light of creation and the light of our conscience, leads to the light of Christ - Romans 1,2 and 3. We are not called to a blind faith, but one of sound reason. Amen Brother.

O

overcomer2

I have no high achievements that man would be impressed with, you could call me a country bumpkin. Out here in the country I find God everywhere. I believe evolution to be a false teaching but when you are out here and see creation so close up it is amazing. I remember when I believed in dinosaurs. Not anymore. The truth really has set me free.

R

renewedfaith1964

I like to pose a question to people who believe in evolution. I'm not saying someone's not a Christian for believing in evolution. I just want to demonstrate to people that they really aren't aware that they don't know why they believe evolution. Here is the question: name 5 things about evolution that you know are true.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
There were dinosaurs. I have seen their skeletons in a dinosaur museum near where I live.

BUT, that does not mean that God didn't create them, or that the evolutionary model is the right answer. I believe in creation, and that the Bible actually talks about dinosaurs, but calls them by other names such as levianthan or behemoth.

Glad you found out the truth. But be prepared for the atheist club to jump on this bandwagon. I'm done with this topic. But hoping you hear some good reports.

Creation is much too complex to have evolved. I'll leave it at that!

G

Graybeard

Scientific facts are based on on a few things and one of them is observation, evolution can not be observed so cannot be shown as fact.......there is absolutely no evidence of one kind evolving into another kind, yet that's what evolution claims.

M

MaggieMye

OP: You might want to read The Case for Christ. Just go to amazon.com.

Nov 12, 2013
Those who believe evolution have essentially appointed Darwin as their god.
I doubt that. the meaning of god is "a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity."

people who believe in science doesn't worship him in any ways.

K

Karraster

Hi Renewedfaith, I was raised in a Christian home and, thanks to God and my little grandma, understood the basic concepts of the Word from a very early age. She lived within walking distance so I was blessed to be able to visit her any time I liked, and that was every day. She was always reading the Bible (KJV) out loud, explaining in such a way as for a child to understand. It was just the Truth, that God, Jesus, Holy Spirit was the most important thing in this world, and the world to come. Then in public school, around 4th grade, evolution was taught. That was very confusing to me, and I remember mulling it all over during the course of Summer Break, keeping all those thoughts to myself. By time school started back I had worked it all out with God, praise the Lord! But I can see very well how cunning the devil is, and how confusing it would be for him to get to a youth who had no instruction, and how evolution has played a part in corrupting Truth. I try to keep that in mind with my grandchildren. Seems that often parents are so busy raising children, that it's such a blessing when Grandparents are present and willing to teach. When I was young it was cool to get to be with grandparents, sadly I am seeing a trend today is that it's not cool to hang out with grandparents. I hope I'm wrong on that.