Jesus said he was coming soon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
I have. If it was as you posit, why is there so much disagreement?
Not saying you do this, but what I have seen over the years is people going to Scripture to prove what they have been taught and believe, not searching for the truth. I was guilty of doing this many years ago.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Not saying you do this, but what I have seen over the years is people going to Scripture to prove what they have been taught and believe, not searching for the truth. I was guilty of doing this many years ago.
I'm certainly not guiltless there. We all have a propensity to view scripture through the lens of held beliefs. And it has certainly led to error. But all scripture has an initial audience. So while all scripture has wider application than just its initial audience, it must first be understood in terms of its original audience. How does your understanding do this?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
So why has so much time elapsed? It has been centuries and no return.
I firmly believe Christ will do as He promised but why is it taking so long?
The world seems more than wicked and stupid enough to warrant the re-appearance for sure!
Jesus returned Spiritually on the day of penticost when the disciples where gathered together.. This happened shortly after Jesus asended into Heaven.. So Jesus did not lie to them.. And as the scriptures say::

(2 Peter 3:8) "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

So to us it's a long time but to the LORD it has only been like 2 days..

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
I'm certainly not guiltless there. We all have a propensity to view scripture through the lens of held beliefs. And it has certainly led to error. But all scripture has an initial audience. So while all scripture has wider application than just its initial audience, it must first be understood in terms of its original audience. How does your understanding do this?
Are you suggesting that what is stated in Daniel, Matthew and Revelation about the end time events (the great tribulation, the coming of Jesus, and the resurrection of the Saints) is not meant for Saints today?
Revelation 1:1-3 states that the Revelation of Jesus Christ is for his servants.
Are we not to be his servants today?
I understand that some Scripture is not meant for us today, but all the events that will take place during the great tribulation
are in the near future and it will have a very great impact on all who are still alive when the man of sin comes forth at the opening of the first seal.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Are you suggesting that what is stated in Daniel, Matthew and Revelation about the end time events (the great tribulation, the coming of Jesus, and the resurrection of the Saints) is not meant for Saints today?
Revelation 1:1-3 states that the Revelation of Jesus Christ is for his servants.
Are we not to be his servants today?
I understand that some Scripture is not meant for us today, but all the events that will take place during the great tribulation
are in the near future and it will have a very great impact on all who are still alive when the man of sin comes forth at the opening of the first seal.
I believe everything that the Bible says is true. And all scripture is profitable for doctrine,reproof, etc for Christians in all times. I don't believe everything people say that it means. For instance, Revelation 1:1 says things which will shortly come to pass. Verse 3 says the time is at hand. And verse 7 says that when He returns that every eye shall see Him, including those who pierced Him. What should I make of those verses? What should the 1st century audience have understood them to mean?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
You in a hurry?

I still got a mother and brother who ain't even talking to God right now. I'm fine with Him waiting a bit longer.
They maybe do it in secret when in a terrible jam! ;)

Like the "atheist" soldier about to go over the top (of the trench) in WWI, who's praying hard that God will keep him alive!

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
The world seems more than wicked and stupid enough to warrant the re-appearance for sure!
Ponder Eccl story 3: 15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
Then obey Philip 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Other opinion about where is and time taking place is always I AM MiND can be flooded mind with self blinding shadows of self still outside deliveries, 2Cor 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus can't come soon enough. I hope that he comes back today. Or tomorrow. Sooner, rather than later.