' JESUS said to the Jews who believed in HIM,.............

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2013
'If you abide (keep,continue,stand,stomach,comply,conform,endure,put up,bear,heed,suffer etc.) in my words (teachings), you are my disciples and then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.' As a believer i have witness sermons by men of GOD saying,'Know the truth and the truth will set you free.' i was struggling to swallow this teaching, because i know the truth and i believe JESUS is my only Savior, Prince of Peace, Good Shepherd, Great High Priest, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God and Everlasting Father. Why i am not free from sins that i keep falling back to? i asked GOD my helper the HOLY SPIRIT(TEACHER). As the gift of GOD makes me to continue to read the Bible, i stumble upon this same scripture and the HOLY SPIRIT help me to understand the truth why? i encourage you brethrens, to spend some quiet time reading the Holy Scripture and may GOD the FATHER in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST bless you with spiritual descernment in the Holy Scripture. Remember, the anointing(HOLY SPIRIT) is in you and HE is your teacher in all truth.

A

Abiding

When i first read Jesus saying the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
I figured i needed to make by flesh stronger by discipline and off i went
with much prayer discipline and failure.

Years later i learned what rest was and to cease from my own works.
Trust was a very difficult concept for me. I didnt resist it just didnt get it.
Its hard to break from some sins until He shows you why? your doing it.

Jan 19, 2013
When i first read Jesus saying the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
I figured i needed to make by flesh stronger by discipline and off i went
with much prayer discipline and failure.

Years later i learned what rest was and to cease from my own works.
Trust was a very difficult concept for me. I didnt resist it just didnt get it.
Its hard to break from some sins until He shows you why? your doing it.
Of your posts that I've seen, this is my favorite.

Sound.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
When faith is de-emphasized and piety becomes the means it is nothing but pietism.
When faith is rightly the means piety is the result.