Jesus was betrayed not only by Judas but by all of his disciples

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

nl

Jun 26, 2011
Jesus was betrayed not only by Judas but by all of his disciples as they all forsook him and fled.

...Then all the disciples forsook him and fled. (Matthew 26:56)

D

Donkeyfish07

I disagree with that

Matthew 26:31

"Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad."

Zechariah 13:7

"Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

Sep 4, 2012
There's a difference between betrayal and abandonment. Judas didn't love Jesus and turned him over to his enemies for his own gain; the disciples loved Christ, but (at the time) loved their lives more than Christ.

Jan 19, 2013
Jesus was betrayed not only by Judas but by all of his disciples as they all forsook him and fled.

Betrayal is collusion with the enemy.

Only Judas was guilty of such.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
We must remember something... the relationship the Messiah had once Risen.

John 21

15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.18Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. 19This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

W

wordhelpsme

There are various levels of betrayal. For instance, a loyal friend can betray a confidence. We may be hurt, but the years of loyalty should not end the one act of disloyalty especially if it was not maliciously done.

A family member, or close friend, may consider another disloyal if they do not take their side on matters that are of conscience, such as political choices.

Some Bible cases of blatant disloyalty would be those of Judas, Delilah and Absalom with Ahithophel.

Some Bible cases of disloyalty out of fear or discernment.

Abigail was intelligent and sensible and beautiful. She acted wisely when her husband, Nabal refused to give food and provisions to David and his men after their kind acts to him, so David and his men were going to kill them. She stopped David from becoming blood guilty.

Abigail betrayed her mean husband Nabal when she took secretly took food to David. This act saved many lives.

Sampson's first wife, a Philistine, betrayed Sampson under pressure of being killed along with her father and household.

Oct 12, 2012
NOT SO FAST! Luke 22: (21...behold the hand of My BETRAYER is with Me on this table.....
(22......but woe to that MAN by whom He is betrayed......

May 15, 2013

They were immature in the beginning, but later on they had learned how to carried their own cross.

Matthew 10:38Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Mark 14:72Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.

Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back,strengthen your brothers.”

John 21:17
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

The origin of the symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that Simon Peter was crucified upside down, as told by Origen of Alexandria. The tradition first appears in the "Martyrdom of Peter", a fragmented text found in, but possibly predating, the apocryphal Acts of Peter, which was written no later than 200 A.D. It is believed that Peter requested this form of crucifixion as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner that Jesus died. As such, some Catholics use this cross as a symbol of humility and unworthiness in comparison to Jesus.
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

2. The martyrdom of the Apostles

3.An Outline History of the Twelve Apostles