Job/Work Stuff

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Devans1001

Hey guys!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

So I would just really appreciate a bit (or a lot) of prayer for my job situation just now, if only cause it's currently all change.
I recently left a job at a call centre and started working at McDonalds, but haven't been getting the hours. I know full well that it's not where God wants me to be.
There's a couple jobs that I've applied form one of which is perfect, and I think it might be where God is pushing me.
This job is as part of the Administration Team in a Christian Outdoor Centre up in Inverness-shire, which would be perfect for me.
It's looking fairly promising because they've already gotten in contacted with my refernences (standard proceedure for the company - they always do a reference check before they offer an interview) so that's really promising.

The second job that I have an interview for this coming Tuesday is for another call centre, and as much as I would rather not go back into the call centre industry, if that's where God's leading me then I'm more than happy to go for that.

So yeah, as a summary, it would be great if God could work His stuff in the situation, allowing me to the get the best possible solution out of the situation. The main prayer point though would be for discernment for me to tell which job (if I get offered both of them) is the one where God wants me to go to.

One verse that has been a HUGE encouragement is Jeremiah 29:11, I just think that prayer is never a bad thing to get, especially if it means I make the right choice about what job to go for, if I get offered a position with either or of the companies!

David (Devans1001)

S

SocialArtist

To be honest, I left a call center after working there for a year and a half.. and for YEARS I haven't held a job as long as I lasted there. I'd be real honest to say call centers are worth tolerating.. you get consistent hours and pay.. and I was well respected and a team lead. In one movie, a character left a job as a waiter for better things.. but as he experienced life he only ended up returning there..

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
David, praying for all provision and perfect care in the job best for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for you. God bless

G

gcaro7l

Hey guys!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

So I would just really appreciate a bit (or a lot) of prayer for my job situation just now, if only cause it's currently all change.
I recently left a job at a call centre and started working at McDonalds, but haven't been getting the hours. I know full well that it's not where God wants me to be.
There's a couple jobs that I've applied form one of which is perfect, and I think it might be where God is pushing me.
This job is as part of the Administration Team in a Christian Outdoor Centre up in Inverness-shire, which would be perfect for me.
It's looking fairly promising because they've already gotten in contacted with my refernences (standard proceedure for the company - they always do a reference check before they offer an interview) so that's really promising.

The second job that I have an interview for this coming Tuesday is for another call centre, and as much as I would rather not go back into the call centre industry, if that's where God's leading me then I'm more than happy to go for that.

So yeah, as a summary, it would be great if God could work His stuff in the situation, allowing me to the get the best possible solution out of the situation. The main prayer point though would be for discernment for me to tell which job (if I get offered both of them) is the one where God wants me to go to.

One verse that has been a HUGE encouragement is Jeremiah 29:11, I just think that prayer is never a bad thing to get, especially if it means I make the right choice about what job to go for, if I get offered a position with either or of the companies!

David (Devans1001)
Jesus says, "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." - Matthew 6:33

God is faithful & just. :)

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent in the Name of Jesus...