JOHN 3:16

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 13, 2023
And the Bible certainly does not teach such faith. Here is what is stated in Titus 2:11-13: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say in relation to what you quoted.

Are you trying to say all we have to is believe in God but can act ungodly or are you agreeing with me, its more than just believing in God, and Him in us is a reflection of our faith which produces good fruit.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say in relation to what you quoted.
That passage is quite clear. Faith in Christ leads to a changed life. And that is what you have been saying but not in those words. But salvation is by grace alone, and faith alone in Christ alone. PLUS NOTHING.

Dec 13, 2023
That passage is quite clear. Faith in Christ leads to a changed life. And that is what you have been saying but not in those words. But salvation is by grace alone, and faith alone in Christ alone. PLUS NOTHING.
Actually scripture says our salvation is by grace through faith. Not grace alone. Grace through faith.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Faith is not passive, it's very active. :)

Faith without works is dead. James 2:17. If we have faith in Jesus we would follow His teachings and the example He left for us.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
But belief is more than just "I believe in God" the devil believes there is a God, but is not going to be saved.
I can believe you exist, too, but that doesn't mean I believe in you.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
Actually scripture says our salvation is by grace through faith. Not grace alone. Grace through faith.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Faith is not passive, it's very active. :)

Faith without works is dead. James 2:17. If we have faith in Jesus we would follow His teachings and the example He left for us.
well it's jesus vs paul again. do you see?

Dec 13, 2023
well it's jesus vs paul again. do you see?
Yes, it’s a problem and why we were given the warning 2 Peter 3:16. It’s actually not Paul thats the issue, he is hard to understand and people think he taught something different than what Jesus taught, but he never did, he was a servant of Christ but had a way of saying things that people twist out of context and never harmonize his own teachings or the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Mar 4, 2024
In this verse, only the believers of Jesus can have an everlasting life.
Who are the true believers of Jesus according to John 3:16?

JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
The true believers are those of us who accept and believe in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. True believers ask Jesus to be their personal Saviour and we are forgiven .
I want to add John 14:6: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father except through me."

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
Our obedience to Him comes AFTER we believe on Him and are saved. Do not get the two things confused. As far as being saved here is what Christ said (John 11:25,26): Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Do you believe this and believe Christ? Not a word about obedience at this point.
Dear Nehemiah6;

While it's undeniable that one particular verse often takes the spotlight, Jesus's teachings encompass far more than a single phrase. Belief in Him isn't merely a matter of reciting a verse; it's about wholehearted commitment and aligning our actions with the will of the Father. Love, a central theme, isn't passive—it demands active engagement.

Consider the profound act of creation itself—an expression of divine love that brought us into existence. Works, while not a personal endeavor for salvation, are vital for reflecting the love God has shown us. He calls us to emulate His holiness, mirroring His love in our deeds.

Following Christ means embracing His teachings in their entirety, including the multitude of actions He emphasized throughout His ministry. Instead of fixating solely on legalistic works, Jesus implores us to embody love in every interaction, fulfilling the essence of the law. Love, after all, lies at the heart of all divine instruction.

Be blessed.

Jan 2, 2024
Yes John 3:16 is not just plainly believing Jesus.
The Devil just heard the word of God and never keep it.
LUKE 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it..

Therefore: To Follow John 3:16, follow Jesus how he followed Jesus Commandments:
JOHN 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jesus in his 1 body and having 2 roles (Role of the Father and Role of The Son)
In his Role as Son of God, who serve as MODEL he demonstrated how to obey or follow God's Commandments.
And how he did it is what Jesus expects us to do it.

Jesus revealed this to Peter.
1 PETER 2:21
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Jesus in his role as Son of God, showed how humble he is when it comes to the word of God.

We all know that the Jews were amazed on Jesus Wisdom:
Jesus never committed to himself this wisdom in the eyes of God.
MARK 6:2
And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

Despite of that he claimed in the eyes of God that he knows nothing:
JOHN 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

We also know that Jesus never committed Sins but look how he humble himself in the eyes of God.
He did not consider himself as GOOD.
LUKE 18:18-19
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Who are the True Believers of Jesus who can follow his steps and consider Jesus as model and to claim John 3:16?