John 3:31-36

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
read John 3:31-36 these are my thoughts.
31 The One who comes above is Jesus and as follows of Jesus we shouls spread His word not our word but His.
The one who comes from the earth is a false prophet or someone not teaching God's Word but teaching their view of the world or other ideas instead. Today many people change their teaching to a worldly view instead of a heavenly view.
32 Jesus came and spoke the Word a few belived Him. The same will be for us we will give testamony of what the Lord has done for us or give teaching on scripture and few will here what we say.
33-34 We are to stay in the Word. Jesus came with the same Spirit He has given us as His followers today. We can follow the Lord anywhere if we are willing. Today bibles are printed in almost every language and we have many english translations and for most people the bible is on a book self till Sunday service most never open outside church, but as believers that is where we get our power.
35 Jesus has all authority given to Him by the Father we are His coheirs the bible says.
36 We need to believe and have a relationship with Christ to have the gift of eternal life.

Dec 21, 2012
John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

John was bearing witness in verse 31 as to why he had to decrease in his call for repentance so that He may increase since Jesus Christ had come to call for repentance by responding to believe in Him.

To recap to understand the message in verse 31:

John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

So verse 31 and the following verses are actually expounding on why John had to leave the spotlight in the eyes of the people now that Jesus has arrived so that there is only one current call for repentance and that is by believing in Him.

John 3: 32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.