Johny Cash - God's gonna cut you down and The man comes around

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rolnik

I've heard those song which are great especially love the lyrics of "God's gonna cut you down, for example :
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

I've also heard alot "the man comes around" but not sure how to interprete the lyrics :
Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still.
Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still.
Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still.
Listen to the words long written down,
When the man comes around.

Does it mean we should let people who are wrong and do bad things still do them without helping them ?

L

letti

Well I would say you can only help those doing bad things if they want help to change and Christs desire is that none would perish but repent.I feel as though the song is saying many will keep following the pattern be it good or bad that they are used to following.

Dec 21, 2012
I've heard those song which are great especially love the lyrics of "God's gonna cut you down, for example :
I've also heard alot "the man comes around" but not sure how to interprete the lyrics :

Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still.

Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still.
Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still.
Listen to the words long written down,
When the man comes around.

Does it mean we should let people who are wrong and do bad things still do them without helping them ?
It's from Revelation 22.

Lines 1-3:
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Lines 5:
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

R

Rolnik

oh ok I see, thanks alot :)