Joshua march and prayer for the nations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
What would have happened if Joshua solely operated under love your enemy ? A command that can be applied at the personal level but not as a collective.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
hi there.
i've heard of this kind of thing.

i'm not certain this is the Great Commission though.
how does it work?
are people brought to repentance and trust and faith in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins?
are they baptized into His death and raised in newness of life?
are they discipled and brought safely into the fold (local assemblies) and cared for throughout their lives; taught to raise up their children in the New Covenant family of believers?
are churches or places of assembly established as the march proceeds or are people referred to local assemblies?

is it about individuals and families/households coming to Christ or is it more about Global powers submitting etc?

i don't know...just asking?
zone.

Jun 18, 2013
Why does the scripture say to pray for Kings and people in authority, if it is just about working for the church alone. Of course it is more to deal with unseen powers than what is seen.

1 Timothy 2:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

[h=3]Ephesians 6:12[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]12 [/SUP]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.