Joy in Sorrow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

glory2jesus

JOY IN SORROW
May the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
(1 Peter 5:10)

My Beloved! Today many lament, saying, why should I suffer like this in life? I pray regularly, share the gospel with the people I meet but only sufferings and pain follow me in my life. Let us not be disheartened! Lord Jesus Who had gone through this path of sorrow and pain understands our pain. According to the Scripture, we read, All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12), we face sufferings the moment we seek God. But the sufferings are not forever.

God allows sufferings in our lives to test our love for Him (2 Corinthians 8:8). We read in the Bible how God tested Abraham's faith in his life (Genesis 22:1-12). Sometimes the devil tests us but when we look up to God during such times He gives us grace to overcome it. Is it possible for us to be happy amidst our sorrow? Especially after losing our loved ones?

Word can never express the agony and pain I went through when I lost my loving dad on March 3rd 1994. I was totally shattered! But deep in my heart, I still had hope that God would never fail me nor forsake me. That hope gave comfort and courage which flowed like a fountain of life. The Lord encouraged me, saying, March ahead my son! Don’t lose heart! It is because of the constant encouragement by the Lord, I was able to stand in faith and today serving HIM, Lord has blessed me with Godly parents, raised me up for God’s glory. He comforts you and strengthens you to seek Him. The joy of the Lord will fill us and sustain us amidst our sorrow.
Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion towards the son of her womb?, yes they may forget , Yet I will not forget you Isaiah 49:15

Are you languishing in sorrow over the loss of your loved one? Over the situation you are at present? Cheer up! The Lord will fill you with His joy which will sustain you in sorrowful times. His joy will strengthen you to march ahead for Him with zeal and love. You will not crumble under the pain or agony.
Apostle paul says in :
We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed (confused and worried), but not in despair (hopeless); persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed (2 Corinthians 4:8, 9).

The sufferings you bear for Him will never go in vain but He shall fill you with His joy in a double measure.

A word of Prayer:

Loving Heavenly Father,

Help me to seek you amidst my sufferings. Fill me with your grace and sustain me. You tested Abraham and found him to be faithful. You blessed his descendents mightily. Father, help me to stay strong in you in my life. Be with me and guide me. Fill me with your joy without measure. Let your mercy and love abound in my life. In Jesus name I pray.

Amen.
God bless
Created for His Glory
Bro.Paul