Jude 1

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 25, 2012
Read this last night and have been thinking about it a lot so I figured I would get on here and present it as a study/discussion. Looking to learn more about Jude, who he was, why this was written etc... Please share your thoughts.

[h=3]Jude 1[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[h=3]Greeting to the Called[/h][SUP]1 [/SUP]Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
To those who are called, sanctified[SUP][a][/SUP] by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
[h=3]Contend for the Faith[/h][SUP]3 [/SUP]Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.
[h=3]Old and New Apostates[/h][SUP]5 [/SUP]But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; [SUP]7 [/SUP]as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” [SUP]10 [/SUP]But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.
[h=3]Apostates Depraved and Doomed[/h][SUP]12 [/SUP]These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about[SUP][c][/SUP] by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; [SUP]13 [/SUP]raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, [SUP]15 [/SUP]to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
[h=3]Apostates Predicted[/h][SUP]16 [/SUP]These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. [SUP]17 [/SUP]But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: [SUP]18 [/SUP]how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. [SUP]19 [/SUP]These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
[h=3]Maintain Your Life with God[/h][SUP]20 [/SUP]But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, [SUP]21 [/SUP]keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[SUP][d][/SUP] [SUP]23 [/SUP]but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[SUP][e][/SUP] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
[h=3]Glory to God[/h][SUP]24 [/SUP]Now to Him who is able to keep you[SUP][f][/SUP] from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
[SUP]25 [/SUP]To God our Savior,[SUP][g][/SUP]
Who alone is wise,[SUP][h][/SUP]
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,[SUP][i][/SUP]
Both now and forever.
Amen.

Jan 8, 2013
There are many that God has drawn to himself through the conviction of the Spirit but they have turned and fell away from that conviction and were never regenerated. They tasted of many things that came from God through the Spirit but were never converted by those things not having fully trusted in Christ by faith and never submitting themselves to the righteousness of God in their heart. The word they received was snatched away, burned up or choked by the cares of this life without being able to save them. The blood never was able to clean their slate nor was the Lord ever able to present them faultless before God through his own blood that was shed for the remission of their sins. Some of these have been around Christian circles for years and end up being those that become what Jude has described through verse 16.

N

nonplasticcholyman

The Letter of Jude

1. Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, the brother then of James, to the Called nations, through the mercy of God the Father, under Jesus Christ's protection --
2. May mercy and peace be augmented in you through love.

3. My beloved, I am doing my utmost to write to you regarding our inner Life, it is important to write to you as I commend you in the struggle on behalf of our Faith, which was in its season delivered to the saints.
4. For there entered men into the fold -- from the beginning this encroachment was written about in Scriptures -- depraved men, who turned the grace of God into evil, so as to blaspheme the One who is alone the Lord God: our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. It is to remind you that I wish to bring it to your attention, then, you all know that God in one season saved the nation from Egypt, but in the second season He destroyed those who did not believe.
6. And the angels who did not guard their head, except left their abode, He keeps under guard in the netherworld,* in the dark abyss until the great Day of Judgment.
7. Thus also Sodom and Gomorrah, and the towns around them, where they, in like manner, fornicated and went after other flesh, are consecrated under the same universal fire, as they deserve the Judgment.
8. Similarly also those who lust in their dreams for the defilement of the flesh, reject the Lordship and blaspheme the Glory.
9. Michael, then, the head of the angels, who as he spoke to the devil, argued on behalf of the body of Moses, that the devil dare not hold down his body under condemnation of blasphemy, except Michael told him, "The Lord shall rebuke you!"*
10. Those, then, that blaspheme against what they know not, who treat the natural phenomena like dumb creatures, are then destroyed by that [same fire.]
11. Woe to them that followed the path of Cain, and those that followed the deception of Balaam by accepting the recompense of the reluctant laborer, and those that went to oblivion by following the stubbornness of Korah.
12. These are the ones who rage and rave during their feasts,
... who submit their souls to no one,
They are like the rainless clouds blown by the spirits,
... like trees that blossom but bear no fruit,
...... that die twice and are pulled by their roots.
13. Like the turbulent waves of the sea,
... that reveal their shame as they foam,
They are the misleading stars,
... those that are kept under guard
...... in the darkness of the netherworld.​
14. However, there prophesied also against them Enoch, who was of the seventh generation from Adam, as he said,
"Behold, there will come the Lord
... with the multitude of saints.
15. "To judge everyone and rebuke all the depraved
... for every outrageous act that they performed,
And for all the foul words that they spoke,
... depraved sinners that they are!​
16. These are those who complain and spite whoever they please, and go around according to their own pleasures, and utter scandalous words with their mouths, and glorify certain personalities for the sake of financial reward.
17. You, however, my beloved, remember the words that were spoken by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
18. Who told you that in the last season there will be those who will laugh and follow their pleasures of depravity.
19. Those who choose the selfish behavior, the Spirit is not in them.
20. You, however, my beloved, through your holy faith become children of the holy Spirit anew, as you pray on your knees.
21. Let us guard our souls by the love of God, then, as we await* the marriage feast* of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live with Him eternally.*
22. And pluck certain [souls] out of the fire,
23. As they would surely die; have mercy on them, then, through submission, as you abhor even the tunic that is besmirched by the flesh.

24. To Him, then, who is able to guard you from depravity and molestation and resurrect you without malediction,
25. The only God our Savior, through our Lord Jesus Christ, who assumed His glory with joy -- [to Him, then,] be glory, supremacy, honor and greatness, now and for all eternity,* amen. [HR][/HR] *6 Lit. Ar. id.: "Unknown prisons."
*9 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Michael then he head of the angels, he that with the devil while he spoke judged he, because of the body of Moses, does not dare he to bring down over him the judgment of blasphemy, except he commanded that rebukes you the Lord."
*21.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Hold on to."
*21.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Betrothal."
*21.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "To the end of the universes."
*25 Lit. Ar. id.: "To the end of all the universes." [HR][/HR]
Aramaic translation by Victor Alexander © 2001
[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Read this last night and have been thinking about it a lot so I figured I would get on here and present it as a study/discussion. Looking to learn more about Jude, who he was, why this was written etc... Please share your thoughts.

Jude 1

New King James Version (NKJV)

Greeting to the Called

[SUP]1 [/SUP]Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
To those who are called, sanctified[SUP][a][/SUP] by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
Contend for the Faith

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Old and New Apostates

[SUP]5 [/SUP]But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; [SUP]7 [/SUP]as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” [SUP]10 [/SUP]But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.
Apostates Depraved and Doomed

[SUP]12 [/SUP]These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about[SUP][c][/SUP] by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; [SUP]13 [/SUP]raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, [SUP]15 [/SUP]to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
Apostates Predicted

[SUP]16 [/SUP]These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. [SUP]17 [/SUP]But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: [SUP]18 [/SUP]how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. [SUP]19 [/SUP]These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Maintain Your Life with God

[SUP]20 [/SUP]But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, [SUP]21 [/SUP]keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[SUP][d][/SUP] [SUP]23 [/SUP]but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[SUP][e][/SUP] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Glory to God

[SUP]24 [/SUP]Now to Him who is able to keep you[SUP][f][/SUP] from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
[SUP]25 [/SUP]To God our Savior,[SUP][g][/SUP]
Who alone is wise,[SUP][h][/SUP]
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,[SUP][i][/SUP]
Both now and forever.
Amen.

Wow!!!! first of all did you know Jude was a half brother of Christ and James was as well
Jude speaks well here
The key here I see is belief or not.
If one does really believe in Christ and desires to have life this is and will be revealed to them that know they are dead in their own self, and in need of new life here and now. This life is offered by belief in the resurrected Christ at the cross of Christ
But first before God could offer this new life here and now he had to take away the sin of the whole world from God the Father's perspective and Christ did this to present you Holy by him to Father if you beleive this, and then one recieves new life in the Spirit of God, being born again to recieve the Love of the Father best described in 1Cor 13
Notice it is written by Faith and Faith is belief and belief is trust, in God the Son, God the Father and God the Holy Ghost which is the coupler to those that believe and the assurance of our Salvation in and by the cross, especially the resurrection , Which it took me a long time to see and thus be
I worked at my salvation for many years being frustrated over sin trying to stop sin, all stressed out and one day finally gave up and told God I can't and that is when I heard Thankyou from God. And I went What? And then I heard now that you are given up that puts you out of the way, now I can do in you what you have always wanted to do, just remain by trusting me (GOD) to do this in you.
That is when we went on a journey to see that at the cross he took away all sin in order for me to recieve life and it has been WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ever since being all God by Faith in the finished work of God via the cross of Christ

He has shown me and wants to show you and allthat do beleive this rest that God has provided to anyone that believes in the finished work of the cross where we are amde alive in God via the resurrection

Dec 25, 2012
Thank you all for the reply.

Yes I know Jude was the half brother of Jesus and that he is called Judas as well. There were several Judas in the bible, Judas (the half brother of Jesus), Judas Iscariot (who betrayed Jesus), Judas (one of James sons "i think") and then there is another also named Barsabas. But not much is mentioned about Jude. I've read a few commentaries like the link below that give an explanation of Jude and who he was. BUT! I want more information on who he was other than the half brother of Jesus etc... Is there more info on how he came about to write this small, but powerful book?

This link bellow states that Jesus' siblings were unbelievers until after the resurrection (John 7:5). Anyway, there is so much packed into this small book that its hard to dig into it without getting off course.

Jude | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

If anyone can give more scripture where I can find more info on the life of Jude please share it. I'm hitting a wall or maybe I've looked so much I just can't see it. God Bless!

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Who can keep up from falling? Who can help us to be faultless? Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

i see, so it is Jesus who helps us to overcome sins. He helps us to not sin.

^i^

H

hopesprings

Funny...you reminded me that I started a study on the book of Jude, but I haven't finished it yet. :) Here are some of the points that I came up with when I did my study...

1. Jude was a servant of Jesus Christ (his brother)
  2. Believers are called (by God)
  3. Believers are loved by God the Father
  4. Believers belong to Jesus (we are His inheritance)
  5. Salvation is made available to many
  6. Believers need to stand up for their faith
  7. Believers are saints (not sinners)
  8. Jesus is a believers only Master
  9. Jesus was responsible for rescuing the Israelites from Egypt, and for destroying the unbelievers (He was/is the God of the OT)
  10. Jesus has kept the rebellious angels in chains until judgment
  11. Do not rely on dreams that contradict God
  12. There is something spiritual going on behind all the natural
  13. Those who are recklessly abandoned to the world will have a place in hell. Their place is reserved and will last forever.
  14. Enoch was a real man of God
  15. Jude believed the creation account
  16. The ungodly will be convicted
  17. The apostles predicted future things
  18. Faith builds us up
  19. We pray in the Holy Spirit
  20. Jesus gives mercy and eternal life
  21. Some will doubt
  22. God is able to keep us from stumbling (Your word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You)
  23. God presents us blameless before Himself
  24. God is joyful at our blamelessness
  25. God is our Savior (our Only Savior)
  26. There is only One God
  27. God has always, and will always, exist (He is eternal)
  28. God rules all things and has authority over everything
  29. God’s gospel is grace, and His grace is perfect
  30. God is more powerful then the darkness
  31. God executes judgment on all
  32. God is the Only Judge
  33. Jesus saves His people (we are completely dependent on Him)
  34. It is Jesus who shows mercy
  35. Believers are all equal (no one is any less because they cannot speak in tongues or whatever)
  36. Believers must fight for the faith to keep the body of believers pure
  37. Believers must keep themselves obedient and faithful to God (something we often forget to do)
  38. Believers wait eagerly for Jesus’ coming
  39. Believers show mercy to the doubtful (we don't criticize them for their lack of faith)
  40. Believers witness to unbelievers (go into all the world and preach the good news)
  41. Believers must be cautious
  42. Believers depend on God (totally and completely)
  43. The Holy Spirit communes with us (yes, He does actually talk to us)
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2012
Great Hopesprings, glad to hear you will be studying this book also.

I guess I should break it down because as I stated before there is so much to cover.

Here he explains who he is and who he is writing to. He says greetings to the called. I've heard it said that everyone has a call in their life but not many fulfill it. Although there is a difference between the ones who are called and the ones marked for condemnation, isn't it interesting how he makes a general statement, because after all we are all called to do something, right?

Can anyone elaborate on the scripture I highlighted since everyone is called but yet it states some were "marked for condemnation". What does that mean?

Greeting to the Called

Contend for the Faith

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed,
who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This has little to do with falling away but rather to be on guard for false teachers...

[SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.

...and then after describing them ends with...

[SUP]20 [/SUP]But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, [SUP]21 [/SUP]keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Great Hopesprings, glad to hear you will be studying this book also.

I guess I should break it down because as I stated before there is so much to cover.

Here he explains who he is and who he is writing to. He says greetings to the called. I've heard it said that everyone has a call in their life but not many fulfill it. Although there is a difference between the ones who are called and the ones marked for condemnation, isn't it interesting how he makes a general statement, because after all we are all called to do something, right?

Can anyone elaborate on the scripture I highlighted since everyone is called but yet it states some were "marked for condemnation". What does that mean?

Greeting to the Called

Contend for the Faith

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed,
who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.

God knows who will come to him and who will not, yet still has given free choice for each to make up their own minds and wishes for them to change their minds
These people are chosen (markled out) by their free choice being fully aware of their choice not to believe in the common Salvation through Christ delevered once and for all to the Saints
They do not put their Faith in Christ, they know exactly who Christ is and what God has done for the whole world but just as the rich man walked away very sad, because he could not give up the money of this world to be with God. Matt.19
You see each of us needs to decide in each of ourselves waht are we really ready to give up, for life eternal?
There is a quote by C.S. Lewis I like,
Seek only earth and lose everything seek heaven and earth gets thrown in, We can do nothing for anyone else that will bring life without Christ
It all boils down to te ones that beleive and the ones that do not read it John 16 where the Holy Ghost convicts the world on sin, and this is because they do not beleive in Christ
Unbelief is the only thing Christ never died for, and it is the Job of the Holy Ghost today preaching the truth to all to come to beleif from unbelief that they were born with not knowing

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This has little to do with falling away but rather to be on guard for false teachers...

[SUP]4 [/SUP]For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God[SUP][b][/SUP] and our Lord Jesus Christ.

...and then after describing them ends with...

Yes go crossnote, go we are no longer of this world we are only in it, we are made citizens of Heaven put back here as ambassadors representing the Love, Joy, Peace and righteousness by the hidden person of our ew hearts given to us by God by Faith, trust in God through the Holly Ghost that all are sealed with the first day of belief Eph 1:13 and then seeing Eph. 1:7
Thanks crossnote

Dec 25, 2012
I think about the people who were brought out of Egypt who got to witness first hand miracles and still had such hard hearts that caused them to turn away from God. Here we see God loved them enough to bring them out of Egypt yet still destroyed "those who did not believe". It shows that God is just and everyone will face the same judgement no matter how many times he steps up to save us, in the end it comes down to faith. He may allow any one of us to have a nice/comfortable life and have another suffer through horrible circumstances. In the end, it only matters where our faith stands.

It talks about destruction brought on people due to sexual immorality and calls people 'dreamers". Anyone know what that means? AND.. What about verse 9-11, What is it referring to? Is it talking about these "so called Christians" who argue with others about things they believe God to be against yet they themselves turn around and do what is obviously not good.

Thoughts???

Old and New Apostates

[SUP]5 [/SUP]But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; [SUP]7 [/SUP]as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

A

Ariel82

sometime people speak evil of spiritual matters because they don't understand or discern why God tells us to do certain things. For example Esau didn't value the spiritual blessing from God that his father could have given him and sold his birthright for a bowl of soup. He placed his stomach over honoring God and receiving His blessings. verses 9-11 talk about men who value the things of the world and ridicule those who look to God and His Heavenly promises. some people don't understand the value of forgiveness and turning the other cheek and think such lessons to be foolishness, because they would rather have the money and seek their own brand of "justice" then trust in God to have His vengeance. ...............it continue to say these men are mockers and are filled with empty words without the guidance of the Holy Spirit...<enter key broken, sorry for long paragraph>

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I think about the people who were brought out of Egypt who got to witness first hand miracles and still had such hard hearts that caused them to turn away from God. Here we see God loved them enough to bring them out of Egypt yet still destroyed "those who did not believe". It shows that God is just and everyone will face the same judgement no matter how many times he steps up to save us, in the end it comes down to faith. He may allow any one of us to have a nice/comfortable life and have another suffer through horrible circumstances. In the end, it only matters where our faith stands.

It talks about destruction brought on people due to sexual immorality and calls people 'dreamers". Anyone know what that means? AND.. What about verse 9-11, What is it referring to? Is it talking about these "so called Christians" who argue with others about things they believe God to be against yet they themselves turn around and do what is obviously not good.

Thoughts???

Old and New Apostates

Again unbelievers are out for self themselves erven though they act as if they are not and even say they believe for a gain wrong motive
Evil doers are harming others not caring for what they do a good movie is the diaryof a mad black woman which reveals evil and redemption.
This is what God has been against is others denying others free will, God gave us all free will, so since we all have free will who are anyone of us to force another against their free will. The command is to love God first and the second is much like the first our neighbor as self. Which when we see this and see how much God Loves us we thus love because he first loved us and then we also see how much Christ loved us as well sowe love our neigbor with this very same essence of Love that came from Christ to us
Not sure I answered what you are looking for, but here it is hope it helps in someway